Remove limits to stacks

Current situation concerning stacks of items:

A.) Some items cannot be stacked at all (example: 5 pound weight, btw, I hate these things).

B.) Some items can be stacked but the amount is limited (example: all herbs, berries and plants are limited to a stack size of 20, plenty of other items have limited stack sizes too).

C.) Some items can be stacked without any obvious limit to the amount (example: bolts, nails, screws).

That all makes little sense to me. Therefore I suggest that all items should be stackable and that there shouldn't be any limit to the amount of items in a stack, i.e. all items should be handled like bolts, nails and screws (method C).

I assume that this will reduce server load because the server doesn't have to track 20 stacks with 10 items each but instead has only one stack with 200 items in it. With unlimited stack size fewer baskets are needed. I'd assume that this reduces server and database load too.

I would like to keep autostack in our inventory, however I would like when only items of the same quality and durability stack together.

With the current system in place where you die and respawn with all items. I 100% do not agree with this post.

Also I think the limiting factor to stacks should be how much room they take up. IE, Bear heads take up a good bit of room, thus shouldnt stack.

I think that's the concept behind it.

When you die you should drop all your items...period!

Then this might work

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    When you die you should drop all your items...period!

Then this might work
    I agree with the first line.

But I still think there are issues with this idea.
    Like how do you balance out storage area, or carrying things? You could then carry 100000000 bricks in 1 stack.
    Nawh there should be a limit, and I like the limit based on real factors like volume.

I agree with the OP, this would be a great help and the current system doesn't make much sense.
    Like how do you balance out storage area, or carrying things? You could then carry 100000000 bricks in 1 stack.
    The OP didn't say to remove the weight of the items. You would still be unable to carry a lot of bricks due to their weight.

Only thing stopping me from carrying 1million bricks is bag space. Nothing more.

I also think they should put weight limit so you cant carry anymore than maybe like 2x your max carry weight.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Only thing stopping me from carrying 1million bricks is bag space. Nothing more.

I also think they should put weight limit so you cant carry anymore than maybe like 2x your max carry weight.
    How do you mean this ? Bricks have no weight ? I don't know I've never made any, so may happen though that would be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    How do you mean this ? Bricks have no weight ? I don't know I've never made any, so may happen though that would be surprising.
    He means it is currently bugged so you can load up your bag with 5000 bricks if you want to. It will take 1 step to lose all your energy.

However, just have a tribemate kill you and you teleport back to totem with all the bricks.

Not really sure if it is a bug, but I certainly don't think it was intended to be that way. You couldn't even stand up with 5000 bricks in your bag let alone take 1 step.

You can carry a lot more than the weight bar shows.

Well some stacks should stay as they are, like bear heads, and some should be adapted, like feathers (20 feathers per stack? LOL). I guess comon sense should apply for each item. You should not be able to stack 5000 bricks, that is for sure. Also do note that right now you need to click your way through splitting any stack so good luck clicking 2500 times to split 5000 bricks. (FIX THIS NOW PLEASE!)