Current situation concerning stacks of items:

A.) Some items cannot be stacked at all (example: 5 pound weight, btw, I hate these things).

B.) Some items can be stacked but the amount is limited (example: all herbs, berries and plants are limited to a stack size of 20, plenty of other items have limited stack sizes too).

C.) Some items can be stacked without any obvious limit to the amount (example: bolts, nails, screws).

That all makes little sense to me. Therefore I suggest that all items should be stackable and that there shouldn't be any limit to the amount of items in a stack, i.e. all items should be handled like bolts, nails and screws (method C).

I assume that this will reduce server load because the server doesn't have to track 20 stacks with 10 items each but instead has only one stack with 200 items in it. With unlimited stack size fewer baskets are needed. I'd assume that this reduces server and database load too.

I would like to keep autostack in our inventory, however I would like when only items of the same quality and durability stack together.