Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a trial

Game looks interesting, would not mind giving it a shot. But so many games LOOK interesting, dont want to pay 40 bucks for something i'm going to hate. So is there a trial, either now or in the works?

No trial. Check out videos or talk to people.

Hopefully someday they'll offer a trial. Maybe when the game has more features and they are happy with the state it's in.

Brand new today. (Hello)

Wanted to comment here as I think a trial or preview option, especially when $40 is the shell out price and ppl are struggling with "discretionary income" in general due to economics (at least in the states anyway), is pretty much necessary. I know I came to the game site after a friend's recommendation - and was all set to give it a "try" and then saw that I need to pay up to even try the game first and that's got me reconsidering... (And yes, I've looked at the videos, perused the forums, browsed the screenies, read the manual...still NOT the same at all, as getting in and playing around yourself - things like UI, mechanics - not just game graphics matter.) I'll likely take the plunge and just pay up to give it a try but I still think it will be a deterrent for many ppl in the future, especially at $40 up front. Just one random newcomer's .02 worth

Even boxed games in the stores will have a preview or downloadable trial that either times out or is otherwise limited somehow, and I've yet to come across a commercial game that did not offer some type of "try before you buy" option.

(LOL - short answer, I agree with the OP - heh ;P)

Same boat

im in the same boat as ariander. I am very interested in trying the game but im not sure as i have watch videos and stuff they all seem good and bad at the same time lol. The 40 bucks for me is a little steep cause it is closer to 60 bucks where i live due to exchange rate which is a little high to try lol... but i will decide soonish...

I'd read the forums, watch videos, look at pictures, etc then decide if you want to purchase. The game isn't in the exact state described on the website, but if you support the game and are willing to be patient for upcoming features then i'd sign up - well that's the reason why I did anyway.

Don't bother unless you like crafting and crafting systems that are sub par. You can only craft 1 item at a time and the game doesn't recognize the tools you have in your pack, so each time you want to craft something you have to click on each component then each tool needed then click craft and watch the craft bar move then repeat. If you like crafting try fallen earth or pretty much any other mmo. If you like combat whether pve or pvp try any other game. If you like to throw $40 at a game and pay premium mmo monthly prices for sub standard quality then this game may be for you.

Quote Originally Posted by silentyem View Post
    Don't bother unless you like crafting and crafting systems that are sub par. You can only craft 1 item at a time and the game doesn't recognize the tools you have in your pack, so each time you want to craft something you have to click on each component then each tool needed then click craft and watch the craft bar move then repeat. If you like crafting try fallen earth or pretty much any other mmo. If you like combat whether pve or pvp try any other game. If you like to throw $40 at a game and pay premium mmo monthly prices for sub standard quality then this game may be for you.

I agree with this mostly.

But also, the reason it doesnt auto put tools, is because it doesnt know which ones to use. You could have 10 tools of the same type and you might want to use a high QL one vs a high dura one. So you have to pick them. Its a good system that part of it.

I wish it would save the tool you used last in there if you are making it many times though.

I would probably wait if you are playing for combat oriented reasons, at least until its new combat system combat comes out in 1 or 2 week'ish

Quote Originally Posted by Mehlo View Post
    But so many games LOOK interesting, dont want to pay 40 bucks for something i'm going to hate
    Yes, let's not forgot the mistake of Star Trek Online