Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So you build a city/tribe village

A then what ? Game's over ?

...innocent newbie question.

Well yes, kinda.

The game has been criticized because many feel it gets dull and tedious. However, they have said that a better combat system and a farming system will be implemented soon. Also when the prelude ends I believe you will be able to attack/destroy other tribes and there will be more politics and warfare involved.

I think the reason it feels like all you do is make a tribe and then your done is because of the lack of animals and creatures (content) in the game.

This is the type of game that will never end. If it can succeed in having a decent sized dedicated player base. But it just needs more features and tools to get to that point.

Damn, you burnt out in like, a day?

It took the rest of us a month or so.

We're having serious diminishing returns on new players running out of things to do in this game lol.

Pretty much. It feels rather limited, no?

I guess I have bigger goals. Ive not even built 1 building, nor have I even raised or level 1 time the ground. ( I have made some roads).
    Ive been having a blast the last week (not counting the crashing).

You all know Im not a "fanboi", so me saying that should mean something.
    Lots to do in game, just you have to figure out what YOU want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I guess I have bigger goals. Ive not even built 1 building, nor have I even raised or level 1 time the ground. ( I have made some roads).
    Ive been having a blast the last week (not counting the crashing).

You all know Im not a "fanboi", so me saying that should mean something.
    Lots to do in game, just you have to figure out what YOU want to do.

I don't often agree with MrDDT, but he's right. There is plenty of room for improvement and every new system or tool is a plus in my book, but there's a whole lot of room and freedom in this sandbox right now...

I agree that it has some very nice 'core' sandbox features such as terraforming. However, I think a lot of players aren't getting a true 'game' feel, where you are experiencing PvE and PvP and crafting system that has value and creates a rich economy.

In my opinion the game has those good core features, but the devs need to build on it a little, some of the things missing aren't massive features, but if the game had a more stable, valuable, and active economy, more PvE content, and eventually some more PvP, then I think it would be a much better and enjoyable game.

I hope they fix the sync issues with the combat revamp. It is absolutely dreadful right now. I'll move my main char and watch on my alt char's screen. The time it takes for the server to pick up my main char's movement and relay it back onto my alt char's screen is about 3 seconds. Of course this is far too long..Even 1 second is too long. Maybe half a second and combat might be able to work. I don't know the exact details of that all I know is that it's terrible right now

A big thing is that there aren't a ton of people in game at the moment. But I think once the combat is fixed people will start coming back.

Also....add gates and REMOVE SAFE ZONES!!!! blaaaarg. My tribe won't even touch this game until safe zones go the way of the Dodo bird. we have people that refuse to buy the game until it is confirmed that safe zones are out and some have moved on to that chasm or valley MMO wtf ever it's called. I mostly just check in the forums a bit to keep them updated. so I guess what I'm saying is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyu9zIUDw0s