shoulder pole baskets

suggestions forums are down or dont work so ill put this here, mods feel free to move it.

I know carts are a long way off but logically shouldn't the first thing we get is something like the shoulder pole baskets that are used today:

Seems like this would be just as limited as the big green baskets we already wear. You might be able to put numerically more items in this shoulder pole basket, but if you're carrying it, you wont be able to hold more than you normally could before being overburdened, just the same as you would with a green bin.

Unless you happen to have more than a hundred types of very small items that dont stack, which seems unlikely.

We need something that can carry more than us, and carry it for us.

If this would increase encumbrance, then it would be good. Otherwise no. I don't need more slots since I can get 100 long poles in one pouch.

Ravelli

right but like putting two 50 slots on the pole and then not allowing the back pack slot (so 140 instead of 90, 50x2 + 10x4) and some how allow more encumbrance

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    right but like putting two 50 slots on the pole and then not allowing the back pack slot (so 140 instead of 90, 50x2 + 10x4) and some how allow more encumbrance
    The only part about this that might be interesting is the encumbrance part. No one is filling up our 100 slot green bins right now. Not while they're out and about at least. If, however, you could use it, and carry twice as much weight, but couldn't use weapons, it would make for a very good harvesting / forager niche that gives people the chance to harvest more and gather more, at the risk of being vulnerable to attack.

sigh.. even on the internet people mock me.. did my wife send you that pic? did she tell you people can steal out of those baskets and you can't run fast enough to catch them? hooligan kids..

hey dumplings are a drug in some countries kids gotta eat.

I don't think it would logically or realistically increase encumbrance capacity.. however movement speed... as the tool would give more balance to the user, while fully encumbered could be increased by 5 - 10% while using this basket system. penalty would be loss of use to the two pouch slots, and the slot for back pack may or may not be occupied.