Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @ St. Bob

1. Turn off auto blocking and try manual blocking. Same with lancing.
    2. Try some of the incredible mods for that game.
    3. Multiplayer is where the combat in that game really shines. When it's good it'll make you sweat for the prize.

GJ on the video. You'll enjoy MnB for a long time to come. It's medieval quake at its finest.

Let me start off by saying.
    Good job on making videos.

Now for the criticism.

1)You are explaining combat very wrong in that game, (how to block, parry etc).
    2)The QL is way lower than your normal videos.
    3)As other people said, you should try multi player. There are servers where you can get you and a friend to log in, and you can show how combat works without it being just random run around play.

Good job on making videos, but I would remake this one with the right info, and maybe a bit better QL (Just to keep your great rep up).

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Let me start off by saying.
    Good job on making videos.

Now for the criticism.

1)You are explaining combat very wrong in that game, (how to block, parry etc).
    2)The QL is way lower than your normal videos.
    3)As other people said, you should try multi player. There are servers where you can get you and a friend to log in, and you can show how combat works without it being just random run around play.

Good job on making videos, but I would remake this one with the right info, and maybe a bit better QL (Just to keep your great rep up).
    Agreed. Multiplayer is where that game truly shines. I didn't know a game could have that in depth a combat system until i watched Rhade flawlessly cut down and kill 5 guys on his own with just a shortsword. It gave me chills. It was like watching Achilles from Troy, but in real life, but in a game...

I want to see that kind of combat depth in another game now.

Darkfall is better IMO, and also M&B isnt all that skilled in my opinion.
    Lag is one of the biggest factors in Warband.

I might say darkfall has more fulfilling combat, but i couldnt disagree more that mb isnt skilled. You should have fought BKS. Thats where you really see the good and bad divided. Lag being controlled for, warband has a very skilled system.

Darkfall limits you to fighting maybe a 1v2, all things being equal except skill. You cant really miss with Inferno or most other nukes. Even bad players are a hassle when they have high magic and you have to deal with more than one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    I might say darkfall has more fulfilling combat, but i couldnt disagree more that mb isnt skilled. You should have fought BKS. Thats where you really see the good and bad divided. Lag being controlled for, warband has a very skilled system.

Darkfall limits you to fighting maybe a 1v2, all things being equal except skill. You cant really miss with Inferno or most other nukes. Even bad players are a hassle when they have high magic and you have to deal with more than one at a time.

Ive seen people take on 1 v 5 and way more.
    I know a guy right now that says "ok me vs clan" with about 10 attacking him from his own clan. Granted they are not as skilled up as him, but he easy kills them all. (Some are as skilled up).

People with high magic are not a major problem because fighting 1 v 10, they will tend to kill each other.

Funny you should say BKS. I was in BKS in DFO =P Granted you are talking about Warband.

Dont mean to get off topic but it is completely unfair to judge a game because the servers you play or have high ping. There are many dedicated servers in warband spread all around the world im sure you can find some that dont have high ping. Never tried darkfall in depth but from what i played i only had one attack and block was bound to a key .. But maybe i just didnt give it a fair chance.

I mostly played siege in MnB while online...lots and lots and lots of people just grab a 2H and horizontal swing to get kills all over the place. Half of the time there's a good fight that includes blocking and parrying . I know there's duels and etc. and other modes that I'd say seem to have "real skill fights", but the fact that you can mindlessly do the above made me unhappy... This is just from 1 of the MPlayer prospectives. That said, it's still more skillful than a lot of things in terms of non-magic combat games. I thoroughly enjoy that it's neither a bunny hop nor a sprinting spam fest. If the game included those two things, I'd probably say meh to it even if it kept the directional offense and defense. I really don't think Xsyon (or most mmos) needs jumping at all >.<...

Darkfall's depth is in the amount of skills you can/need to use and reacting to those skills. There's more skill in that imo, but I've been more competitive in warband than on DF since I didn't want to waste my comp time macroing two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    I mostly played siege in MnB while online...lots and lots and lots of people just grab a 2H and horizontal swing to get kills all over the place. Half of the time there's a good fight that includes blocking and parrying . I know there's duels and etc. and other modes that I'd say seem to have "real skill fights", but the fact that you can mindlessly do the above made me unhappy... This is just from 1 of the MPlayer prospectives. That said, it's still more skillful than a lot of things in terms of non-magic combat games. I thoroughly enjoy that it's neither a bunny hop nor a sprinting spam fest. If the game included those two things, I'd probably say meh to it even if it kept the directional offense and defense. I really don't think Xsyon (or most mmos) needs jumping at all >.<...
    I love jumpin! it gives me a sense of freedom and i hope they make it more smooth. Though i think what you are talking about it our current movement speed and jumping speed would make the game less skill based then Warband? Is that what youre saying?

Quote Originally Posted by meissner61 View Post
    I love jumpin! it gives me a sense of freedom and i hope they make it more smooth. Though i think what you are talking about it our current movement speed and jumping speed would make the game less skill based then Warband? Is that what youre saying?
    Directional offense and defense works in warband because movement is greatly constricted compared to most "tourney style" games like it (mainly looking at FPS).