Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

Saintbob - Tries out Mount & Blade combat!

Hey everyone

Since there has been alot of talk about the new combat system and how it is going to take some elements from the Mount & Blade combat system, i figured i would take a look at it, and share my thoughts with the community.

Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2RHO3jidX4

SaintBob you haven't played Mount and Blade??? I will start off by saying that the Genius of its combat system stems from the multi player rather than single player. Essentially its when you pan your camera left, your character will block/attack to the left. (Important to note as it is a little different than just LOOKING there, as you can quickly just pan cameras one way then block a different attack all within seconds.)

pan your camera [insert direction here] and it will do that action there. So the pvp becomes very skill based and intense. If they can implement it successfully then i will be immeasurably happy )

BTW Loled the whole time during the sparring practice, that was funny.

I am now so supper giddy with excitement because they said its coming soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meissner61 View Post
    SaintBob you haven't played Mount and Blade??? I will start off by saying that the Genius of its combat system stems from the multi player rather than single player. Essentially its when you pan your camera left, your character will block/attack to the left. (Important to note as it is a little different than just LOOKING there, as you can quickly just pan cameras one way then block a different attack all within seconds.)

pan your camera [insert direction here] and it will do that action there. So the pvp becomes very skill based and intense. If they can implement it successfully then i will be immeasurably happy )

BTW Loled the whole time during the sparring practice, that was funny.

I am now so supper giddy with excitement because they said its coming soon!!!
    Soon TM

tencharacters

*Shakes ColonelTEE3* ARENT YOU EXCITED!?!?!?!

*Shakes ColonelTEE3* ARENT YOU EXCITED!?!?!?!
    I want to be, meissner, i want to be... but im afraid of having my heart broken again..

Nice video St. Bob!

Hopefully the new combat will be similar to this!

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    I want to be, meissner, i want to be... but im afraid of having my heart broken again..
    I think thats a bit unfair mate. Most of us here seem to be enjoying the game and hopeful of the future where it can only get better.

I don't think this thread is going to do Xsyon any good at all.

There is a big difference between all that is Mount and Blade combat and "directional swings" which is what we were told is currently being looked at. I know that M&B is the inspiration but I would not expect a system like that right out of the gate. Be hopeful but practical is all I can suggest.

I think thats a bit unfair mate. Most of us here seem to be enjoying the game and hopeful of the future where it can only get better.
    us being relative to us now vs. us a couple months ago :/