Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Perma death for evil characters

There are many proposals how to make life easier for those who want to run around and kill other people. Like having free-for-all baskets, or faster looting, or droping all items, or increasing hiding effectivness.

But what is one to do if he gets constantly attacked by the same guy? You can only kill him so many times before he gets you once while you are not looking. In this game there is no death penatly (so far) that makes sense for the "good" to protect themselves from the "evil".

I propose "evil points" for each person that does something nasty, like steal from others, or kills (ganks) someone else with no consent (not in an arena or war between tribes for example). Once certain number of "evil point" is accumulated and you pass certain treshold (5, 6, 7, 10 murders?) you are then marked as "perma death" character. If somene kills you your char will be deleted and you will be forced to start over. Or maybe some heavy skill loss? Something preventing people from acting like murderes with no fear of punishment?

It would also offer new dimension to pvp where hunts can be organized for gankers since now you know they will be punished for their action and not just revive at their totem and come again to gank someone else. And I'm sure some people would love living on the razors edge loving every moment until they get killed.

Before you scream in "No" in fear any agony give this idea a thought. It is radical but isn't this game about being different?

Interesting idea but any game you play along time and lose everything is a sub killer IMO.

Maybe gaining evil points can have another effect like.

1) evil red glow
    2) reduced none combat stats
    3) Policed (tided down for 15 minutes by the player who kills him)
    4) Illegal item mark for looted items
    5) Higher decay on said illegal looted items
    6) More to follow once i have some free time

1) evil red glow

That would be a rewarding feature and not a punishment.:P

How about 24 hour penalty? He dies and then can not revive for 24 hours? You know being evil should have severe consequences and not just rewards Or each time he dies his totem gets deleted and his items are free for all so evil characters need to hide their items in bins across the world and can never settle in one place (if they are afraid of death). Like real world criminals.

although the evil red glow might seem like a reward, LOLZ I GLOW RED !

at least everyone would know when you are coming and that they should probably just gank you before you gank them. that's the way i read the red glow.

Quote Originally Posted by fotuenti View Post
    although the evil red glow might seem like a reward, LOLZ I GLOW RED !

at least everyone would know when you are coming and that they should probably just gank you before you gank them. that's the way i read the red glow.
    This is what i mean :P

Great idea, where is the bonus for the risk of perma death?

If you allow them to kill people anywhere (even on safe totems) and maybe give them 5x movement speed, 5x endurance or things like that. I can see it, but it would be like saying for people that like to terraform the world, they should become perma dead if they run out of food or water.

Whats the bonus?

I think Evil should have some penlites to it, just as Good and Neutral should.

I don't like perma death. Maybe make it so they die for a long time. Like an hour or something.

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    Interesting idea but any game you play along time and lose everything is a sub killer IMO.

Maybe gaining evil points can have another effect like.

1) evil red glow
    2) reduced none combat stats
    3) Policed (tided down for 15 minutes by the player who kills him)
    4) Illegal item mark for looted items
    5) Higher decay on said illegal looted items
    6) More to follow once i have some free time
    What happened with the original alignment plans ? Are they going to be implemented ?
    Like that evil players' area is not safe, they can be attacked there, permanent stat/skill loss on death. The stuffs you wrote are minor inconveniences, not really penalty.

I agree with Jadzia on what she said about Dezgard's list. Its really soft vs evils.

I would also like to see the bonuses for Evil. Heck the whole system thats planned really. I guess cant really jump on Dezgard yet, because I think maybe he is just tossing out ideas. But Evil needs to be punished enough so its not super common. At the same time rewarding. (Normally the reward for being Evil is being free to do what you wish, like killing someone without being attacked first, or looting from players).

Slow forums = massive double posts.

I think if the red glow is implemented, it should include a giant cow bell around their neck

I do find the perma-death option intriguing, for the truly egregiously evil... however that is defined. It would be a choice by the player to take things that far, so not really imposed. They know what they're getting into.

It would make being that evil require some serious cajones, and would probably do a lot to earn that player respect rather than just contempt... imho.