concerns about /unstuck abuse...

I think /unstuck is great, but I have noticed that if I go into my trenches, which each one has a provided way out away from entrance to Town, people can just /unstuck right through my terraced walls directly into the town.

Are there any plans down the road to refine unstuck to place someone out of territory if it doesn't belong to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Perefim View Post
    I think /unstuck is great, but I have noticed that if I go into my trenches, which each one has a provided way out away from entrance to Town, people can just /unstuck right through my terraced walls directly into the town.

Are there any plans down the road to refine unstuck to place someone out of territory if it doesn't belong to them?

I think they should put a climb system in like wurm has. Which uses a ton of energy, but allows you to get out of ditches and other slopes like that.
    Now there will still be a need for stuck, but you can limited it not to go through walls.

Also fixing the jumping would help.

Agreed, and double agree with you ddt.

I havent encountered this yet, but seems like it'd be an definate issue. The /unstuck in City of Heroes used to do the same thing and teleport people through walls.

A climbing feature would be ideal!

but for now, perhaps do what Rift and Warhammer did, which is teleports you to your last location on a different elevation. so if you get stuck in a hole, do /unstuck to get to the mouth of the hole. And also take a decent amount of energy for /unstuck.

I have concerns about unstuck also, and have actually changed my building alittle bit because of it.

I think they will probably change the unstuck command, but I am trying to build my place like they wont.

Unstuck wont go through objects. But if your below or above you can unstuck past them. So if you have walls on the outside of the dirt walls its possible to block unstuck commands from getting in. But its probably hard to do without planning before.

My place still has spots you can go under or over i think, though its not completly built so cant test yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Perefim View Post

So you're worried about invaders... unstucking past your unnecessary defenses, into your safezone, where they can't open anything, damage anything, or hurt you?

No but okay, i do agree unstuck can be abused. Unstuck should be changed so that you cant as easily abuse it, but this game's terraforming allows for some fubar situations. Even the natural landscape creates jagged hills where two mountains meet, making an endless run of sharp hurdles that are sometimes impossible to get out of. Something like DDTs climbing idea sounds good.

This is a false concern.

In my experience, you can /unstuck only through your tribe's structures. If you get stuck in a ditch next to another tribe's wall, you need to face away from the wall for /unstuck to work.

Ravelli

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    This is a false concern.

In my experience, you can /unstuck only through your tribe's structures. If you get stuck in a ditch next to another tribe's wall, you need to face away from the wall for /unstuck to work.

Ravelli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYKAT6m-EY

your experience unfortunately is beat by my own testing. You sir are wrong, good day. ( ok lol yeah sorry, I brought this up cause have done it several times to get back into my city myself cause was to lazy to go around. )

I wouldn't mind seeing a climb and injury system like WURM either. Unstuck or not. Eventually they'll have to fix unstuck though. I'm sure they know that.