Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canned foods during scavanging

No to belittle or dwarf the importance of foraging, farming (upcoming), or fishing(love it).

But would be interesting to see 5% chance of looting a canned food item. Especially for junk piles far from water source, if you could loot say a soda or cola for thirst, maybe even BEER!!!^^ But also canned food items such as veggies, etc and SPAM .

Anyways a suggestion which isn't all to important but could be important... especially the salvaged booze

IMO no, farming is coming in, fishing is in, foraging is in, and cooking is coming.
    Scavenging is already one of the best (if not these best) way to gather everything other than food. Can we not make this skill any better, its already way out of balance.

I don't see the problem into adding that. When you scavenge, you find w/e you find. Limiting the skills to a small set of items isn't logical. I think it could make up for some interesting cooking recipes.

Like some: Mountain Trout Maccaroni and Cheese
    Liption Rabbit Corn Chowder and stuff like that.

Im thinking Dharma Initiative Ranch Dressing.

haha that'd be so funny if they made a spoof like that.

I think it would be fine as long as its kind of rare like you said 5-8% chance.Beer and soda though no to good at helping thirst.I could see soda though pumping up your adrenaline or stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    I think it would be fine as long as its kind of rare like you said 5-8% chance.Beer and soda though no to good at helping thirst.I could see soda though pumping up your adrenaline or stamina.
    Light beer gets gross with age, it pretty much becomes laxative once it gets past a certain date. Dark beer gets less gross with age, not so much as light. now Wine if you could find a bottle of wine we all know that doesn't really go out with age. maybe something that would raise your comfort for like 5 minutes and lower your exp gain(since your getting drunk your not going to remember as well)

Soda just looses its flavoring and the ingredients might separate but it should be safe to drink.

I dont think that human food would be a common item since when the world ends that canned food is going to be the first thing that gets raided from super markets. Now Dog and Cat food, that you could find at a pet store and would be more common since its also sold almost every were human food is and then some. but that stuff goes bad i think.

Lol yeah dog food ran through my head a time or two.

Caned dog-cat food has about a 2 maybe 3 year shelf life but I would give it at least a year after shelf life before any thing canned really starts to go bad maybe even longer if the can does not start to rust ect.

if it was like roulette where you might die from eating it that would be interesting after all i dont think we have easy access to antibiotics.

I have ate stuff that was in the cabinet when i was to lazy to go shopping then look at the can and it went out of date 2 years ago.Done it a couple of times never got sick so out of date dog food we should be good lol.