Thread: Shifting Mist!

Shifting Mist!

How cool would it bee for the mist to shift, as in not just expand to give more land for players but move as an organic conscious which can pull away or invade zones within the current player area.

In order to live within the mist or survive it when it drifts into a zone you would need a gas mask. At which you may given only limited time with your mask or protective gear to loot essentials or visit in or out.

This would cause players to move around and explore a bit more rather then just sit in their tribal area all day harvesting.

once again a suggestion but not high priority.

And the tribes living right next to the mist would do what?

Their tribe area could be blocked by the mist for days, but if the mist changed its borders randomly, without it being able to damage a player that would just add to the coolness as you would have some places covered in mist sometimes and other times not (I find it to be more of a visual than a feature..)

I don't think it should damage buildings but ... the idea of it requiring you to wear protective gear or... being dislocated for maybe... a day would be cool and give reason for needs of allies in other zones.

Had been thinking might be cool to have the zombies be related to the mist.

Mist moves back as we reclaim the area from zombies... forcing us to fight in that low visibility environment (fight zombies I mean, don't get all excited). Also, once in a while the mist would roll back into some areas indicating a pending zombie invasion.

Reminded me of the 13th warrior. Fog rolling in meant you were soon to be lunch.

I'm expecting sort of the latter with zombies .

I think, one thing people often forget to think of when in a post apocalyptic setting. We all think zombies, mutants, monsters, etc. But there is another factor, nature!

We have rain and snow, I would like to see tornadoes, which can and would destroy settlements. It is realistic, it gives reason to rebuild, improve and prevents people from getting bored with their safe city.

The environment should be as dangerous as the creatures we come across... eventually possibility for flooding! where you dug your ditch wrong or you built to low to the lake, or river... these would be larger additions later on, but rising water can be used with same system as the snow I have seen filling in pockets of low terrain. But I know it would be much more complex.

Additionally earthquakes, volcanoes are all possible within the tahoe region area real life, I have found after research. But also anomalies, radiation, toxic contamination, chemical waste, taint of food crops or water supplies, by nature or by enemies.

Hail, ice causing trees to fall or same with wind. Even intentionally chopping down trees to fall into enemy buildings into their territory or to block roads and trade routes... falling rocks, dangerous animals in water, and potentially sky.

etc etc. blah blah and rant I know I know... so you get the concept

I think, one thing people often forget to think of when in a post apocalyptic setting. We all think zombies, mutants, monsters, etc. But there is another factor, nature!

We have rain and snow, I would like to see tornadoes, which can and would destroy settlements. It is realistic, it gives reason to rebuild, improve and prevents people from getting bored with their safe city.

The environment should be as dangerous as the creatures we come across... eventually possibility for flooding! where you dug your ditch wrong or you built to low to the lake, or river... these would be larger additions later on, but rising water can be used with same system as the snow I have seen filling in pockets of low terrain. But I know it would be much more complex.

Additionally earthquakes, volcanoes are all possible within the tahoe region area real life, I have found after research. But also anomalies, radiation, toxic contamination, chemical waste, taint of food crops or water supplies, by nature or by enemies.

Hail, ice causing trees to fall or same with wind. Even intentionally chopping down trees to fall into enemy buildings into their territory or to block roads and trade routes... falling rocks, dangerous animals in water, and potentially sky.

I love the idea of the mist being an entity in and of itself, like an alien intelligence.

It could be a great mechanism to use to alleviate the 'everyone gathers here for mobs/resources' syndrome. Allowing the mist to displace these 'desirables' dynamically.

It could both swoop in to deposit things and recede to reveal things. And those things should be sort of symbolic of a larger organism.

Caves to explore (the mouth).
    Creatures to drop (the eyes, limbs and teeth).
    Dark travelers/traders/foreigners/temporary NPCs (the ears and voice).

Perhaps even create a patchwork of mist-free areas beyond the mist. Places you can only find by risking death by mist to find them.

This idea is rich with possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator View Post

double posting within your own post ftw.

These have already been suggested I'm sure. But why stop there.. We want meteor showers too, satellites falling from the sky and ALIENS is very important.
    Natural calamities and non-natural will probably be created as the game moves forward, but before all that.. Don't you think it would be better to focus on what the can implement instead of new features that will takes ages and halt pretty much any other feature that is bugged or broken or still not implemented..? And keep it to a mist debate .

Receding mist revealing huge Revenant armies.. (drool).. And yes, not zombies.. revenants.. ..