Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions of the Week 5/30 through 6/3

Please post your Questions to the Developers below.

Thank you.

Yes, several

My important Questions ( a.k.a. serious )

(1) How soon till crates, and building storage are implemented. Loading times, and rendering, as well as server performance would increase if we didn't have 1000 bins per camp wouldn't it?

(2) Any plans for non silly hat gas mask? ( gas mask without other things attached, since you guys have a face slot. ) I have been told this is low priority and face mask slot is currently bugged.

(3) From my professional experience, dev teams even indie ones have people with particular talents, or teams which focus on one side of the developments and one on another. Since coding and art are kinda opposite sides of the spectrum, why are we not seeing small amounts of content trickling into patches, such as new buildings, huts, walls, clothing and animals. which may share same or similiar code, ai and such?

Many scavengers have expressed disappointment and frustration over patches which offer no new content, as they are currently bored with the lack of things to do.
    Would it not be best to implement maybe a new mob, or couple of new buildings every patch, especially ones where so much server side work is done and no new content is added?

Couldn't small victories be won in mini content adding battles, instead of trying to win big chunks of the war..? Just think about troop/player moral.

(4) Any plans or is it pheasable to reduce the subscription price for prologue players as the game lacks content, and many feel it is hard to justify paying the same price for a slow developing 10% - 20% finished mmo verses another mmo.

(5) This one is a little more blunt but why can't Virtus, do anything about the severe issues with forum and website lag, 404's, loading etc? Doesn't take a genius to admin a website.

more maybe coming this week... depends on what bugs me...

Random other goofy questions:

What is your favorite Colour?
    Who won yesterdays Stone Face pvp competition?
    Any plans to make a princess armour set in honor of dez's hard work ?

Note: I would like to enforce the fact though I am rough, critical and seem abrasive or confrontational... I do appreciate the work you put into the game, so far at this moment for what is completed it is terrific. I expect a lot from your team, as it has in its possession a game with massive potential, and viability as the next big original mmo in the history of gaming online. I want it to be that maybe even more than you guys do haha... I support you guys, and your stuff, but I will always be blunt, honest, and cannot promise my suggestions to appear polite or to be sugar coated.

I hope you all understand my criticism comes from desire to see you and the game improve, not to tear you guys down or belittle you or, give you bad feelings.

Three very important questions.

1) How are you going to prevent using alts AND/OR having a tribe member leave tribe to level up combat skills? Shouldn't combat be leveled up through fighting true enemies? I don't know how to prevent this, hopefully you do. I was thinking something along the lines of NPCs for leveling combat only...but then it just becomes "how many monsters can you kill?" for leveling combat. It seems hard to get this one right.

2) Is HP gain going to remain how it is? Currently filling up the xp bar is the way to gain more HP. This forces everyone who wants to be good at combat to have to train all skills. Why? Because the lower the skill, the more xp you get and therefore the more HP you get. This kills any sort of character specialization if everyone who wants to have more HP has to train all skills equally (why equally? lower skills give more xp. so they would train those first).

Also, with skill softcaps, skills will decay allowing for in theory, infinite level ups and HP?

3) Will stone walls decay? I personally think they shouldn't, unless not claimed by any land...then they should.

Look at this Xsyon video of our tribe really quick if you would. The video should auto jump to 2:28, so you can see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SThQR...ailpage#t=148s

How are we suppose to upkeep these walls here (at 2:28)? I can't even access them. Only the top and bottom rows I can access. Not to mention my tribe has close to 1k limestone walls. Or not to mention how unrealistic stone wall decay is.

I think it would be OKAY and actually somewhat necessary for stone walls (and everything) to decay if these areas are not inside a tribe land. This way, abandoned totem areas with completed structures would eventually clear themselves to clean the game world up. This would work well with totem decay. If a totem still had members in it, but all members were unsubscribed to Xsyon, the totem would begin to decay. After the totem decayed, the structures, including stone walls (and maybe even terraforming? this could be hard to code) would decay.

1.(When) Will our crafting menus have sorting options?
    -I would like to be able to sort by name of the set, slot the item fills and recently learned.
    -I would also like a scroll bar and/or a scroll button which accelerates the scroll as you hold it.
    Currenly it takes me almost 5 mins to get through my leather list.

2. Will crafted items using rare/masterquality resources have a chance to craft items with additional features (e.g. +2 perception on a coyote-head-hat with ears on top)

-borsukulam

Thanks for all the answers so far.

#1 for me...is the lag/desync that plagues the server right now (especially but not only during combat) going to be resolved before and/or with the new combat system?

Thanks again.

- It seems that for such a long time there has been a problem with playing the game in fullscreen mode. If i alt-tab to windows 9 times out of 10 my game will crash. What are you doing about this issue? Playing a game in fullscreen mode is a fundamental aspect of any game.

- I travel several zones trying to find 1 creature to kill. Sometimes i find a few, sometimes i find nothing. My running skill is maxed, so i dont even get any skill ups when i invest large amounts of time in the game TRYING to do something. Don't get me wrong - i like that creatures dont have static spawn points, but i do want to be able to hunt creatures on a regular basis. What are you doing to rectify this issue, or are you happy for me to waste hours of my time attempting to play the game? This makes the game more like a mecano set where all i can do is make things, than an RPG.

- The user interface cannot be moved onto the bottom corners of the screen, effectively forcing me to place interface items into my viewing area. This looks very unproffessional and cuts into my viewing area. Are you addressing this?

- Are there any plans to allow architecture structures such as walls to follow the lay of the land instead of always needing to be horizontal? If my totem is placed on sloping land fences are useless currently, as it is easy to jump over the low spots. Go for a drive and look around in real life - walls can follow the lay of the land.

Why does "ALT" pause the game?

Whats the plans for stronger animals?

Scavenging seems really good. I get Master and VHQ stuff all the time. Plus with high Scavenging I get Master and VHQ stuff from junk piles (scrap). I dont really see the point in not training it up for just about any crafter. Is there going to be balance at all to this? IE hunting is almost worthless due to the fact you get it all scavenging.

Whats the ideas behind better types of healing? So far Ive heard only healing in tribe buildings, and some plants. Is there going to be other things that can be used during combat? Also maybe like bandages, and some magics? (I know magics is far off, but things like that).

Ranged weapons? We all want them, any ETA?

Protections for Newbie spawns? Right now a new player spawns and can be killed in seconds, plus they spawn in areas that can be controlled by other players without them even knowing it.

Hotkeys, any word on actions being bound to hot keys more? Also more hotbars? Hot swapping weapons/tools?

Weight limits for some bins? Right now I can carry 5000 brick in a grass basket. Im not sure thats right.

Why does "ALT" pause the game?

Whats the plans for stronger animals?

Scavenging seems really good. I get Master and VHQ stuff all the time. Plus with high Scavenging I get Master and VHQ stuff from junk piles (scrap). I dont really see the point in not training it up for just about any crafter. Is there going to be balance at all to this? IE hunting is almost worthless due to the fact you get it all scavenging.

Whats the ideas behind better types of healing? So far Ive heard only healing in tribe buildings, and some plants. Is there going to be other things that can be used during combat? Also maybe like bandages, and some magics? (I know magics is far off, but things like that).

Ranged weapons? We all want them, any ETA?

Protections for Newbie spawns? Right now a new player spawns and can be killed in seconds, plus they spawn in areas that can be controlled by other players without them even knowing it.

Hotkeys, any word on actions being bound to hot keys more? Also more hotbars? Hot swapping weapons/tools?

Weight limits for some bins? Right now I can carry 5000 brick in a grass basket. Im not sure thats right.

^^^ I second many of the above questions, especially content / ui fixes / etc

You wrote, that you will introduce skill decay in june. Will this skill cap be a soft one? If yes, how many skills will be able to max out? And will the cap include all skills (I hope so), or will fighting and crafting skills be divided? What I mean with this last question is, if it will be possible to be a good crafter and a good fighter. I hope this will not be possible, because a sandbox game needs different types of players and not players who are able to do everything (you can see the result of this at Darkfall).

Will there be a possibility for players, who didnt start with basketry as starter skill, to learn how to produce baskets?

Will we have skill locks similar to UO when skill decay is implemented? I know I will go all emonerdrage if I lose my 100 Woodworking or Toolcrafting to a fickle RNG when I would be happy to give up some useless (to me) basketry points.

Will it be made public how to prevent decay on a skill if locks are not in place at the time it is implemented? (use 40 times to keep it from falling, etc.)

Also want to say thanks for all the recent answers! Keep up the great work!