Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hiding on the test server is 100% useless due to some gamma changes with it.
    Is this intended or a bug or what is going on there?

I haven't fought anything yet, so I can only comment on the Aesthetics. I like what I see and how air boxing feels.

Animations:
    Axes
    All hits seem to animate correctly.
    Dodge seems to animate correctly.
    Parry only looks to animate for the left side of the body.

Clubs
    Left Mouse Button Thrust attack spends avatar around all crazy-like. All other hit animations seem to look correct.
    Parry only looks to animate for the left side of the body.

Picks
    Parry is backwards. Moving mouse left then parries right etc.
    Left Mouse Button Thrust attack spends avatar around all crazy-like. All other hit animations seem to look correct.

Blades
    Very little love for blades atm .
    Parry only 1 side. Dodge correct.
    No combat revisions are seen in terms of directional swing or hold on mouse button.

Unarmed
    Fist Parry is backwards. Moving mouse left then parries right etc. Everything else looks correct.

VERY nice changes, it is a very very solid foundation for what is to come with some more tweaks etc. I really liked it.

But I found the camera to be a problem now while in combat, as you have to move the mouse to make directional swings, and that makes the camera also move (for example if I want to do a down to center attack, the camera ends up on top of you which is not good while in combat as I can't see what I have in front of me). I think a fixed camera while in combat mode is the way to go, so that directional swings doesn't make your camera angle change too.

Quote Originally Posted by treyu View Post
    VERY nice changes, it is a very very solid foundation for what is to come with some more tweaks etc. I really liked it.

But I found the camera to be a problem now while in combat, as you have to move the mouse to make directional swings, and that makes the camera also move (for example if I want to do a down to center attack, the camera ends up on top of you which is not good while in combat as I can't see what I have in front of me). I think a fixed camera while in combat mode is the way to go, so that directional swings doesn't make your camera angle change too.
    Just move your camera back. You don't have to keep the camera point to the right or down after you have clicked the mouse button. Click and hold is working atm except for blades. You also don't have to change the camera too crazy at all... only need moderate movement. It's pretty much exactly like MnB except I need higher sensitivity on mouse...

Quote Originally Posted by treyu View Post

Completely agree with this. Maybe it's the fact that this games camera can zoom so far out compared to MnB, that is throwing me off. But this camera and swing system is just like MnB. You have to to flick right to swing right, then as you are holding the swing right down (right click) you h ave to move the mouse back left to get centered on your target again. It makes sense because in real life if you were to attack someone you would turn to either side and put your hips into it, for more power.

Just me or did part of my feed back just get removed? I had valid points, and wasn't insulting anyone, please put it back... NOW

Keep this thread free from Discussions.

This is for feedback only, so that developers can quickly decipher and implement.

The previous posts were moved here - http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...evamp-feedback

Thnak you.

Also, the desync is still an issue, the weapon arc is not factored by weapon types (IE knives are the same range as clubs and axes).
    Energy use is 0 for attacking, it needs balancing.
    Hit boxes for small people vs large people is a huge imbalance. There is no reason to go tall at all in this game. (I saw this being addressed).

Where are the special moves doing different damage? Thrust is very very hard to hit, yet it does equal damage as swing attacks and over head.

Attack swings should be bigger animations. Hard to tell when you are normally zoomed out so far.
    Also being able to change attack swing direction type while holding the attack is a big key. AKA like mount and blade.

The swings directions provide arcs of combat, which are working very well.
    Holding attacks does NOT do more damage after more testing, block and dodge do NOT work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Also, the desync is still an issue, the weapon arc is not factored by weapon types (IE knives are the same range as clubs and axes).
    Energy use is 0 for attacking, it needs balancing.
    Hit boxes for small people vs large people is a huge imbalance. There is no reason to go tall at all in this game. (I saw this being addressed).

Where are the special moves doing different damage? Thrust is very very hard to hit, yet it does equal damage as swing attacks and over head.

Attack swings should be bigger animations. Hard to tell when you are normally zoomed out so far.
    Also being able to change attack swing direction type while holding the attack is a big key. AKA like mount and blade.

The swings directions provide arcs of combat, which are working very well.
    Holding attacks does NOT do more damage after more testing, block and dodge do NOT work.
    100% agree with all of this

Special attack moves. IE snare, stuns, knockdowns, power attacks, area sweeps, lunges, temp disarms, feint, expose, debuffs, etc

Hit sounds, and his displays. IE flash of red when you get hit, when you score a hit, it should show blood. Things like that.

Balance weapons. Axes attack slower doing more damage yet use no energy while attacking, they should use the most, while knives should use the least because you do less damage. Range of weapons should change based on the type of weapon. IE Bats should have a longer range than a blade.

Height weight balance. Taller people are much easier to hit and see in combat/hiding, they should have longer reach, slower attacking and more damage. Fatter people are much easier to hit, they should be slower attacking and moving yet do more damage. Shorter people are harder to hit in combat, they should be faster attacking but have shorter reach do less damage and run slower.
    All this would need balancing but it should be done so you dont have midgets running all over the map.

Healing: There should be some combat healing, out of combat healing, and resting way out of combat healing. Things like, potions or food you can eat while in combat that help give you both insta healing and healing regen. Out of combat healing can be used with magics, bandages, herbs, and maybe even building healing. Way out of combat can be done with resting, magics, locations, and buildings.

Swing attacks in game are much to fast for the planned blocking/parry reactions. Slow the swings down about 1/2 the speed.

Allow use to hold an attack but change it while its held. (See mount and blade for this). So you would swing left to right holding the attack. But if you wanted to change you would could change while still holding from right to left (it takes a second) it doesnt force you to let go and pull back again.

Better "health" window. Right now I have to stop moving left click a target and get REALLY close. It should be seen like Darkfall's maybe make the range based on perception. (Darkfall's is where while in combat mode move your target cursor over the target and it will display the health of the target and name of the target right at the location of the target cursor)

Remove the stamina bar being seen, its too much info and shouldnt be seen that well.

Held attacks should do more damage based on how long you hold them. Reason for this, is if you dont want something to be parried/dodged, you attack fast but not a lot of power behind it. If you hold it, it will do more damage but much easier to be dodged or parried.

Parry and dodge stamina use: these need to be balanced so they use very little stamina, and even cause the attacker to lose extra stamina per parried or dodged attack. Dodge should cause less damage loss than parry. Higher your parry/dodge skill more drain on the target when you do these actions. Balanced as needed. Reason for this is because parrying an attack should give more advantages than avoiding damage. Else why parry other than the 1 case of "holding out" for support. Same with dodge.
    These actions need to be easier to see, and working better in regards to how they are used. More testing will need to be done BUT right now you dont dodge out of the way, only the top part of your body, so its worthless. Parry doesnt even work lowering damage unless its because of our low parry skills (I would say that test server should have 1000x skill gain speed to test these things).