Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    BTW guys, I believe it was Raguel that did say that people will accounts, even though they might not be subbing atm. Can still log on the test server to check out the new combat system.

Make sure to pass it on those your tribemates that might not be playing right now.

I'm experiencing a really odd bug with the new combat. When I click left or right mouse button my character doesn't swing but plays some animation. I've seen 3 different animations so far, it plays one when I log in, and changes to another one after a while.

Videos about it: http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz265/Jadzi12/

Thanks Jadzia,

It looks like the female animations haven't been fully finished and uploaded yet. I will check with the animator to see what's still not complete.

ok finally got on the test server when the new combat is working today.

tested with a tribe friend we are both playing from UK with 125-140 Ms ping if that makes any difference )

desync does seem to be improved when fighting someone else, however still get that running on spot animation when your opponent taps a side step. that has gotta go. a couple of other instances where my tribe mate i was with jumped accross my screen, bizarely that wasnt in combat tho

loving the new contols for using weapons. can use nice small sharp directions and i really like that you can now hold a primed attack and release when ready, that really is awesome.

and i like that we now get a visable animation when you hit your opponent.

i couldnt go from primed hold to block without releasing the swing 1st. are you planning to make that possible?

other than that, block seems to work well

however i still really dislike the dodge control and animation.

would you consider letting us side step via a double tap on the A or D (left or right direction double tap)
    i would also like to see a proper side step from the start, not just the upper body swerve.
    if necassary ony thing that should increase with higher skill is reaction time and distance jumped sideways

also if i block or dodge an attack does it cause a penatly to my opponent? ie a block should stun for a second or two and a dodge should over balance them for a second or two. the affect of this could be lessoned with a higher appropriate weapon skill etc

holding a primed attack should deplete stamina

Great work so far guys. loving what youve achieved in a week or so

If you switch between left and right click, you can switch block directions really fast.

Not that it matters because blocking is so difficult. I may just have to change my block keybind alt is really difficult to press. But blocking still doesn't seem more effective. Perhaps a block should make it so whoever attacked cannot swing again for twice the amount of time as normal. Therefore giving bigger reward for the block and a chance to counter attack

Has anyone tested to see if blocking (parrying?) correctly stops damage now?

Also, I say we get some sort of base stamina boost and then you can add in multiple different ways to lose stamina (like swinging, parrying)

Im having an issue where if i hold two directional buttons (such as "W+A"), and then hold "alt" (trying to move and block at once), i get that sound in my computer where it makes a repeating bell sound indicating im doing something 'wrong' with my keys, and it just keeps going until i stop moving. I know this isnt a game issue but does anyone know what setting i need to change on my end to remove this sound?

Also, maybe for the just the test server we can all congregate to one area for the explicit purpose of testing more and more people in combat at once, and seeing how the server handles desync issues.

I belive the way your describeing how blocking should be is more how Parrying should be, Ie if you Parry then the attacker would be knocked off balance with there weapon and it should give them a penalty to there next attack Ie I parry you, it stuns your attack for a split second allowing me to counter.

Blocking should just simply be blocking, nothing fancy just a way to protect your self.

On day one in February (before the launch), I re-binded dodge and parry to R and F. Why on earth would people keep it as alt etc. . Just seems like... self-inflicted pain. :P.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    I belive the way your describeing how blocking should be is more how Parrying should be, Ie if you Parry then the attacker would be knocked off balance with there weapon and it should give them a penalty to there next attack Ie I parry you, it stuns your attack for a split second allowing me to counter.

Blocking should just simply be blocking, nothing fancy just a way to protect your self.
    Blocking= parrying at the moment. You can technically parry with a shield so just think of all of it as being parry.