Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Combat Revision Feedback for 6/1

Greetings Community,

The combat revision will be released today on the public test server.
    Please direct any feedback or suggestions to this thread only.
    Do not create discussions, if you would like to create a discussion about the combat system please do in The Barracks.
    This is purely for feedback only.
    Myself and the Developers will be monitoring this thread to take in the communities feedback while we continuously work on the combat revamp.

The updates can be found in the following link, this will also tell you what we would like your help in testing.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-Xsyon-Updates

If you have any questions you would like answers to, regarding the new combat system that is currently being tested go to our new Q&A thread.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...A-for-week-6-1

Thank you everyone.

Utter Dissapointment...

So i kept hearing from the dev's about this awesome combat system... its so cool, man going to change everything!!! ya know.. like ya know right!

So we patch today... all last week since the ground work for replanting patch which was fail... no new content... patch before that was decay... just like my mood today.

So we get the patch, and test server is up after the site has been fail for hours!!!

I login to see this amazing new combat system, only to find it is the same shit, with the same look and feel, cept knives ( my top skilled weapon is broken ) ah and I knew desync would be there... but... we waited weeks for this god forsaken... directional swing...... directional swing with... some pretty epic bugs.

Its a rage post, I know, its unsightly, and etc. But I really feel sorry for those today who have played this game for over a year... and the reason we and they or anyone else isn't seeing new content is for FAIL... directional swing.

So I am going to rage log for about a week.. catch you all next Wed. if I don't see some new decent content before my first month is up, not going to be subscribing until launch.

Note: the players here and guides, devs.. your all grand guys.. love you all will miss you but.. really.. just damn kids are we serious here about this patch? See ya wed.

Great job on M&B combat swinging.

Desync is still issues. (Not nearly as bad, and can kill people on the run now)
    Knives are totally not working.
    Attacking with a knife in your left hand from right to left causes the animation of the right hand to attack.

Parry does not stop damage (not even a little).

***More to come as more is tested*****

Axes work very well, huge damage.
    Armor is working, not hit boxes.
    Dodge works, but still needs major balancing. (You can dodge but doesnt help you in combat other than missing one attack, but people can attack faster than you can dodge).

New animal animations look cool. (Good job on the bears).
    Animals are still lack luster (Killed an elder bear is 2 axe hits).

FYI for people testing, there is about a 6 day roll back.

Eh... It's on the test server for a reason, Creator.

And the servers not online for me?<--- Nevermind read the update.

I think the parry should be directional aimed as well. And preferably a parry with the weapons instead of the fore arms.

Haven't got to test this much, but I am really liking the directional swings. Hopefully the hitbox is attached and is equal to the size of the weapon.

In the old combat system, you would have to click on the person to hit their hitbox. Now, if we dont click on the person to swing, but move our reticule onto their hitbox during the swing, will that still do damage like it does in MnB??

Or do you still have to actually land the click on the person to get the hit boxes to connect? Hopefully someone who's done some testing can answer this

Added after 11 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Creator View Post
    So i kept hearing from the dev's about this awesome combat system... its so cool, man going to change everything!!! ya know.. like ya know right!

So we patch today... all last week since the ground work for replanting patch which was fail... no new content... patch before that was decay... just like my mood today.

So we get the patch, and test server is up after the site has been fail for hours!!!

I login to see this amazing new combat system, only to find it is the same shit, with the same look and feel, cept knives ( my top skilled weapon is broken ) ah and I knew desync would be there... but... we waited weeks for this god forsaken... directional swing...... directional swing with... some pretty epic bugs.

Its a rage post, I know, its unsightly, and etc. But I really feel sorry for those today who have played this game for over a year... and the reason we and they or anyone else isn't seeing new content is for FAIL... directional swing.

So I am going to rage log for about a week.. catch you all next Wed. if I don't see some new decent content before my first month is up, not going to be subscribing until launch.

Note: the players here and guides, devs.. your all grand guys.. love you all will miss you but.. really.. just damn kids are we serious here about this patch? See ya wed.

I'm sorry, but you didn't really test it. You're hopes were too high, like expecting a graphics rework with it to be an exact MnB replica. Of course the characters and weapons are still going to look the same.

Desync has improved yes

Swing style is just like M&B/Warband for anyone that has played those.

There are some issues with desync.
    IE I was behind the target on my screen, yet they saw me in front of them the whole time.

Only directional parry we tested was over top, which did not work at all. Even with weapons in hands.

Combat sounds are lagging, and are not sounding off correctly.
    Hit sounds are VERY light.
    Lacking any type of display that you are being hit when you are in middle of attacking. (You can be hit right before an attack, and it starts to look like you getting hit, but then you attack and it does that animation so no way for you to know you are hit. Needs blood, or other effects. Sound helps a ton.)

Sound and perhaps a screen flash when you get hit...red around the edge or something...

then a contact sound for when you score a hit...something anyway

Very quick video of the test server before it went down.

Naked DDT vs Big black bear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muQBUaK1-j0

Glad to see desync is being improved on, but obviously theres a little more room for improvement.

I agree some way of knowing you're being hit is very needed. A consistent way, at that. Red around the edge of the screen is a good idea, or a little basic blood animation, sounds are important as well.

Good job to devs for making big improvements in the right direction. I think the next priorities for combat on the list would be a consistent and alerting hit-notification (for attacker and defender), and finishing the desync fixes.

Hiding on the test server is 100% useless due to some gamma changes with it.
    Is this intended or a bug or what is going on there?