NEW PLAYERS -~(READ THIS)~-

Hello and welcome to Xsyon 2012, one of the few but almost full sandbox games that you will experience a world of many freedoms that aren't often seen in other MMO's.

1.Freedom to PvP
    2.Freedom to Explore
    3.Freedom to Build (and Terraform)
    4.Freedom to Craft
    4.Freedom to do just about anything thats outside of your tribal land, remember tribal lands are the only "safe havens" so far but this is bound to change when new areas of the world open up.

You can build whatever character you want to build but remember, the stats you start with will determine what your "Potential" character will be in the end. This means you can go more heavy on skills in crafting but you have to make the tough choice of sacrificing other stats that would be used for PvP. You only get one character per account so choose wisely. The Introduction to Xsyon post in the Introduction forums gives more insight as to what stats boost which abilities. This can also be found in the downloadable version of the Xsyon Manual .pdf format.

DONT BE DISCOURAGED!

Xsyon is still fresh, still in development, yes you have to pay first but I have yet to see a monthy re-occuring payment (though it may start in the near future).
    Report bugs/exploits, being a new player is pretty much a collateral duty to report such things. Remember we are the beginning generation for this game so its up to us to pretty much guide it and help keep it on track. When I say "reporting" do so smartly and in a professional way, don't do it out of hate or spite against someone because they killed you. Xsyon is a game where anything can be crafted/lost.

++++FULL LOOT WARNING++++
    If you go outside your tribal area with your base tools (the tools strictly use to craft the other tools or items) then thats your own fault. If it happens to you, dont rage over it, theres usually someone online that will help you out and get you setup with some new tools. Everythings meant to be lossed, everything is meant to be broken but what I love about Xsyon is, at this stage, its pretty easy to get the materials to craft new items.

Character Development--------------

As you do certain tasks you will notice a "level" or "XP" bar slowly crawling its way across your screen until it fills and a " + " icon shows up next to it. Clicking the " + " brings up a window where you can select what skills to put "skill points" into. I would suggest saving these points to put into something you really plan on using. Don't put it into skills that you use constantly, this will just be a waste of skill points.

Current In-Game Experience-----------

Yes, there is lag but this lag is WAY better than what plagued Xsyon in the beginning. There is still some player reaction lag. What I mean by this is it will be common to see someone start running but they are standing in place and then suddenly, they move normally.

When loading into the game you will experience some load times, they plan to improve this soon but more pressing issues are at hand (combat system revamp--its being tested now ) If you die you have about a minute or two of "ghost walk" time or you can tap out after 30 seconds. This will take you back to your totem/bind point and it takes a little while for it to load again. So if your out exploring, keep your food/water up above 50% and keep your stam as full as possible so you can run if the situation occurs.

Some tools/items can't be crafted yet because quite simply, the resources dont exist for them yet or are in the "green mist" areas of the game.

Crafting GUI-----
    Its a mess, but its simple and easy to use. Remember even though the icon shows for example a Crafters Hammer for making it, ANY HAMMER/MALLET will work! Just be cautioned, not using the best tool for it decreases your chances at making the item and the item end result will have altered Quality, Durability and Condition.

Quality: The quality of items in the game is what makes the world go round in Xsyon. When stacking items be cautioned, even though they are the same icon they very well could be different qualities.

EX:
    You scavange/gather 40 High quality rivits. You then find 20 Low Quality Rivets and mix the stacks for 60 rivits, the end quality will be explained here. NOTE: The following is only a theory based upon what I've found and done so far.

High Quality = 4.00 on a scale from 5-1, 5 being the highest quality.
    Low Quality = 2.00

40HQ Rivets = 40x4 = 160 Quality Points
    20LQ Rivets = 20x2 = 40 Quality Points

200 QP/ 60 = End Quality, in this case 3.33

3.33 the End Quality will be "Moderate Quality"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game World:

Trees have been replanted but dont destroy the stump so they can grow back over time. They are adding seeds to the game so you can grow/plant your own plants and trees in the near future.

Comfort is disabled but will play a factor in the future as far as what armor you are going to be wearing and what quality it is. IF your character is not comfortable there will be a penalty, more then likely in how your armor protects you and how much stam drain it causes to wear it while doing activities.

The game has full seasons and full weather along with it. What season it is will determine on what you can find/ hunt and will affect durability of certain items. I've seen snow on the ground (completely covered the ground like a blizzard hit) and you can't see s***, you have to rely on your resource hotbar to find an area to scavange or gather from.

Great post and good info.
    One thing I would like to point out.

Trees have been replanted but don't destroy the stump so they can grow back over time.
    This is not true. They don't re-spawn from stumps at all.

Interesting theory regarding quality. From what i've tested (and ive tested thoroughly on this ) i think you might be right, or very close.

Under this theory, you could have 2000 VHQ rivets, and 10 HQ rivets, and you would change all 2000 down to HQ by combining them, because the quality plateaus at 4.9999 with that formula, no matter how much you try to drown the lower quality with the higher quality. It would be an ingenious way to make sure no one could ever scale anything all the way from low to very high quality.

I would just like to say something about level up and the XP bar.

There are a few skills compared to others that are much more difficult to level up.
    For example: Hunting, Logging, all combat skills (beside Unarmed Combat), Fire Building, Bonecraft and maybe others.

So it would be wise to invest your points into those skills.

Although, it would be even wiser to not spend points into them, and let me explain why.
    When you start level up a skill, you get a good amount of experience points, which in turn gives you level ups. And from my observations, you gain much more experience during the first 50 to 75 levels of skill then in the last remain 25 levels. So what I personally decided to do from now on is to save my level up points for completing skills to 90 from 80.

As you can see on the forums, people have compiled information regarding skill levels and the amount of "crafting" necessary to level up as the skill gets higher, and I have found that it probably takes more crafting done to level from 80 to 90 than from 5 to 80.

Therefore, I would suggest people to save their points and keep it at least for the 89 > 90 level.
    If you consider this, 9 points can get you 89 > 90 or 5 > 12. The second instance, even though it is 7 levels, is much MUCH easier to achieve than the first.

Feel free to comment.
    Vandal

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I would just like to say something about level up and the XP bar.

There are a few skills compared to others that are much more difficult to level up.
    For example: Hunting, Logging, all combat skills (beside Unarmed Combat), Fire Building, Bonecraft and maybe others.

So it would be wise to invest your points into those skills.

Although, it would be even wiser to not spend points into them, and let me explain why.
    When you start level up a skill, you get a good amount of experience points, which in turn gives you level ups. And from my observations, you gain much more experience during the first 50 to 75 levels of skill then in the last remain 25 levels. So what I personally decided to do from now on is to save my level up points for completing skills to 90 from 80.

As you can see on the forums, people have compiled information regarding skill levels and the amount of "crafting" necessary to level up as the skill gets higher, and I have found that it probably takes more crafting done to level from 80 to 90 than from 5 to 80.

Therefore, I would suggest people to save their points and keep it at least for the 99 > 100 level.
    If you consider this, 9 points can get you 89 > 90 or 5 > 12. The second instance, even though it is 7 levels, is much MUCH easier to achieve than the first.

Feel free to comment.
    Vandal
    Points can't be spent past 90. But I would agree with most all of this.

I am going to use points for upkeeping decaying skills.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Points can't be spent past 90.
    Edited, thank you.