Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Playing free on test server

So, I was told that you can play on the test server without the monthly subscription fees. How do you go about that when you purchase the game? Because it asks for your credentials with which you are going to use to pay monthly when you go to buy the game.

There is no guarantee that you can play on the test server in the long term. Its often offline for weeks, and its only active now to test the combat changes. Plus it required subscription too before, they only removed it for now so that the players who have bought the game but was unsatisfied with the combat could test the new combat system and decide if they want to come back. I wouldn't rely on the test server if I were you.

If you buy the client you get 1 month of free play, and nothing guarantees that you can play on the test server after that.

Yeah, I figured. Too me its just alot of cash for a game im still not sure about, even after seeing countless reviews and videos.

But what If i want to stop my subscription after the first month?

I dont know what Jadzia is talking about they just did this test server info a little bit ago (less than weeks ago). So this is new info. She is basing it off before the game was released.

I believe the plan is to keep the test server around always now for people that want to test, and for people without a sub to see what changes have been made so they can see if they want to sub again. I also believe overtime they plan on opening it up for people that dont buy the game to test the game ahead of time, but that's just my belief.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I dont know what Jadzia is talking about they just did this test server info a little bit ago (less than weeks ago). So this is new info. She is basing it off before the game was released.
    What test server info ? The test server got opened (then closed again) several times since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    What test server info ? The test server got opened (then closed again) several times since launch.
    No, and the new info Im talking about is not needing a sub to play on test.

No, and the new info Im talking about is not needing a sub to play on test.
    No for what ? It was opened, then closed, perhaps you don't remember. I know I tested if I could move my totem on the test server, and I never had a totem in beta.

You may be right about the subscription part, since it was during the free play period so everyone was subscribed...

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    No for what ? It was opened, then closed, perhaps you don't remember. I know I tested if I could move my totem on the test server, and I never had a totem in beta.

You may be right about the subscription part, since it was during the free play period so everyone was subscribed...
    There was no beta, thus that statement is correct.
    I dont know what you mean by "free play period" but I think you mean the early access? When only people that bought the game could get in on early access or test?

There was no beta, thus that statement is correct.
    I dont know what you mean by "free play period" but I think you mean the early access? When only people that bought the game could get in on early access or test?
    Don't get semantic, lol. By free play period I mean the 6 weeks free play people got with the client, which was 10 weeks for preorders. This time started after launch.

Im talking about facts not semantics.

Also talking about when Jordi said the test server would be online for people that do not have an active account.