Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks guys for all the info. i rerolled having tool crafting as my main instead of baskets. As for time.. i have all the time in the world being on disability.
    I should have figured it would have been best to start out as a tool crafter, but i had read some things saying basket weaving was the best way to start...

I have a long history with eve online/wurm/etc.. so long grinds etc to get things are not a big deal to me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I support MrDDT's opinion.
    You can easily solo play, it's only that you will have to invest your time in multiple crafts instead of just the one.

Now that tools break, everyone is going to have to spend some time building tools, unless you have got someone dedicated into doing that.
    The guy needs a hammer! He has no tools to make tools. Now, please tell the poor guy how to get a hammer if he can't make one or any other tools right now.

And then read my post again-----I said going solo was FINE, but sometimes you need help from others, and no, starting off you cannot do everything yourself.

Hmm... Not sure China, but I'm pretty sure that even though you start alone, you could "possibly" go by without anyone else's help.
    Although I'm unwilling to try it out. :P Or if you need help, could be very minimal, although I'm not saying that I would enjoy such gameplay.
    There is no point playing an MMO if you just want to solo.

Personally, I don't get why homestead exist, everyone should participate in group to create something big.

I prefer the "team" playstyle myself too Vandal, and really have no desire to be the master of all skills. I have played solo before on other games, after I was familiar with the game mechanics etc., but I like Xsyon's concept of rebuilding the world after the apocalypse, and that is going to take community.

I feel a bit different about the the homesteaders though than you. I think it adds variety & flavor to the game, and they will have to interact with the rest of the players in order to survive efficiently. But I say more power to them if that is the way they prefer to play. I'm happy to play with them too, and in fact there are several solo homesteaders in our area. They are quite chatty and interact with their neighbors regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    The guy needs a hammer! He has no tools to make tools. Now, please tell the poor guy how to get a hammer if he can't make one or any other tools right now.

And then read my post again-----I said going solo was FINE, but sometimes you need help from others, and no, starting off you cannot do everything yourself.

You can 100% play without ever trading anyone. So yes STARTING with a new toon without ever getting any help from anyone you can do EVERYTHING in the game.

You can make a hammer without a hammer just FYI.
    Please tell me how Im wrong. I can prove it to you if you wish. Its not all that hard really once you understand how to play. It just seems hard. Maybe you will understand that you dont need any tools to level up toolcrafting.

Yeah, it's nice to have people to talk too.
    Although so far, I never had to interact/trade with anyone else.

But like we mentionned, there is so much to do and just so much time you can give.
    If you want to be part of every aspect of the game, you can't do it on your own.