Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

just bought the game :) couple questions

as the thread title says i just bought the game and im about 1/2 done with the patching/installing.

I have done some reading, and watched a few of saintbob's youtube video's.
    questions..

1. can you learn every skill? And make anything you want? (provided you put enough time into the game etc) I am slightly confused by some of the things i have read on the forums. here.

2. Is there a area that is not populated on the map?.. And if so what spawn point and direction would be best for playing solo.

3. starting out what is the best skills to pick?.. i was thinking basket making possibly.. And go on from there to making armor and weapons etc..

4. stats.. do they raise up as you play? or are you stuck with what you originally pick?

1) Yes you can currently get every skill in the game and make everything if you take the time to train it all up. Which likely will take about 1000 played hours, if it were my guess.
    2) Ive seen some non populated areas, depends on how far away you want your neighbors. Because totems dont decay, you will see a lot of areas not active, but with totems.
    3) Basketry is the only one you HAVE to have, if you want some of the recipes. Basket recipes are only on creation right now, so make sure you got basket recipes when you make your toon.
    4) Yes they raise up while you play, and they lower too. You wont be stuck. They do take a while to change (months to go 10 points).

Thank you MrDDT ..

as for how far i can travel.. i don't care if i have to run to the edge of the map. i just don't want any neighbors :P. prefer to be left alone for a bit.

Welp the game just got done updating im heading to make my first toon. See you all ingame.

I am coming from Wurm online..

Welcome to Xsyon Wolfgar

From Tallac starting point you can find zone 697 quite quiet.But as MrDDT says even you see totems it does not means they are active.Some yes some not

Enjoy!

Thank you for your replys

Have just one other question... How the heck do i get a hammer? most if not all of the crafting tools takes a hammer to make.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgar View Post
    Thank you for your replys

Have just one other question... How the heck do i get a hammer? most if not all of the crafting tools takes a hammer to make.
    You will need to trade with another player, or perhaps someone will make or give you one. Playing solo is fine, but you will find that you can't do everything yourself, and you sometimes need to depend on others.

What tools can you make? You may have a recipe for a needle, lasher, or paddle that uses tools you do have and one material like rock, Grind that tool until you learn to make a mallet or hammer. Sure you could trade for one also. But you will need more than one now that decay is in and and you will need a hammer often. It would be best if you can make them yourself eventually. Being solo, you will need to raise toolcraft anyways.

Thank you for the info .. i guess its the needle.. Had a game crash and im experiencing insane load times just to get back into the game.

Just noticed i need a crafting knife.. wich i dont have to make a needle.. ugggg

I do not have anything i can make in tool crafting. not a single thing. i don't have any of the tools needed to make anything. No i havn't dropped or lost anything . i didn't spawn with any of the tools.

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    You will need to trade with another player, or perhaps someone will make or give you one. Playing solo is fine, but you will find that you can't do everything yourself, and you sometimes need to depend on others.
    This isnt true at all. You can do everything yourself if you work hard at it.
    If you dont have the tools to make something there are other ways to go about making those tools you need.

I support MrDDT's opinion.
    You can easily solo play, it's only that you will have to invest your time in multiple crafts instead of just the one.

Now that tools break, everyone is going to have to spend some time building tools, unless you have got someone dedicated into doing that.