Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Mac...it's almost pointless to make a positive post...there are way too many people who'll be damned if they're going to play the game, but they'll also be damned if they're going to let anyone else enjoy it either.

Oddly enough, most of them are still hanging around here on the forums instead of playing that super-secret magical sandbox game that has it all figure dout...so Xsyon is doing something right.
    Maybe because the game has nice potential which only needs to patched in ?

The thing is people bought this game with the features list in mind at the homepage. Many of this stuff is missing to add a meaningful content. If you enjoy left click over and over for nothing than its fine. BUT the Dev is communicating very well and the latest changes to combat and the fixes to the tech. problems shows that we can hope

Only because its a Indy game doesn't mean you are not allowed to tell your opinion

Dev spoke of skillcaps, of our being put into focused areas of crafting, combat, foraging, or "actions".

Why would we want to max everything if ultimately we're going to have to pick one area over the rest?

Nope.. you guys are welcome to have your opinions just like I am welcome to.

I am just says that there is more to this game than what you enjoy. and many still seem to be discovering it despite your attempts to drive away players on the forums.

Remember new players, the forums do not EVER represent the actual playing population of ANY game. Xsyon is no exception. If it was How could we have added 4 new members to our tribe this week alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Mac...it's almost pointless to make a positive post...there are way too many people who'll be damned if they're going to play the game, but they'll also be damned if they're going to let anyone else enjoy it either.

Oddly enough, most of them are still hanging around here on the forums instead of playing that super-secret magical sandbox game that has it all figure dout...so Xsyon is doing something right.
    Would you mind pointing out what is positive in this thread? Do you think a guide to not being bored helps the game? Hardly...Those that play will see this as nonsense, those that don't a reason not to play.

I didnt know what Xsyon was before buying my first account, but saw enough potential to purchase another weeks later. (plus getting my guild to join)

You can still be a fan while criticizing and asking for change.

The "yes men" and "everythings fine types" are ultimately more damning.

I really truly feel sorry for those of you who are unsubscribed but hang around the forums bashing the game. It's sad and pathetic.

If you find ANY game boring, quit. Which many have. Don't hang around here and bitch about how boring it is.

I think it is extremely fun and will be like heroin in the future (although I don't know how addicting that truly is, never tried it nor will I ever). The game just has so much to do...you guys don't get that I guess. How else can you make something NOT clicking? We use a mouse and keyboard...stop making up lame excuses like "WE HAVE TO CLICK OMG". Ok, get a 360 controller and set up xpadder, t hen you won't have to click. You will have to press another kind of button. That's just how games are. Yes of course crafting can be made more fun, but what about resources gathering? Only so many ways to pick up grass...

Yes, right now everything you do is mostly pointless because of lack of a fun combat system, safe zones and expanded mist areas for mass territory control PvP. I say mostly pointless because it has no purpose to the current game. But it will have HUGE implications on your future power within the game. I know level 60+ players... They would own most of you in a duel and its not necessarily because they are so great but its because they dedicated themselves and now they are a high level.

I have yet to log in and say "What should I do?"

because I know ALL of it affects the future of this game.

I am always doing projects or skilling. If you are bored, just join a large tribe with only a handful of active players. You will earn your place, have lots of room to terraform, and you will literally never run out of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I really truly feel sorry for those of you who are unsubscribed but hang around the forums bashing the game. It's sad and pathetic.

If you find ANY game boring, quit. Which many have. Don't hang around here and bitch about how boring it is.

I think it is extremely fun and will be like heroin in the future. The game just has so much to do...you guys don't get that I guess. How else can you make something NOT clicking? We use a mouse and keyboard...stop making up lame excuses like "WE HAVE TO CLICK OMG". Ok, get a 360 controller and set up xpadder, t hen you won't have to click. You will have to press another kind of button. That's just how games are. Yes of course crafting can be made more fun, but what about resources gathering? Only so many ways to pick up grass...

Yes, right now everything you do is mostly pointless because of lack of a fun combat system, safe zones and expanded mist areas for mass territory control PvP. I say mostly pointless because it has no purpose to the current game. But it will have HUGE implications on your future power within the game. I know level 60+ players... They would own most of you in a duel and its not necessarily because they are so great but its because they dedicated themselves and now they are a high level.

I have yet to log in and say "What should I do?"

because I know ALL of it affects the future of this game.

I am always doing projects or skilling. If you are bored, just join a large tribe with only a handful of active players. You will earn your place, have lots of room to terraform, and you will literally never run out of things to do.
    Well said, but like I've been saying, many people are only interested in another empty pvp-gankfest..and they won't be happy until they get it. Those, as I said earlier, are doing so well these days...

I'm not saying the game is perfect...check my posts..I'm vocal about things I think need to be fixed, but I also recognize that the team is ATTEMPTING to do something different...they're trying to build a real sandbox...not another pvp-centric gankfest...

I don't know when safezones will be gone and gates will be my only form of defense, but I'm looking forward to it and preparing for it to the best of my ability...that's what I'm doing while I'm playing...enjoying myself and preparing...

I recently unsubscribed, however I never really played in the past couple months in the first place - instead I come on to give my opinion and try to criticize constructively. Not because I hate the game and want to bash it, but because I want to see it succeed.

One of the worst things we can do as a community is stay quiet and accept the state of the game. In my opinion, Mortal Online and Darkfall Online have taken the wrong direction, moving to being a PvP game exclusively and they aren't under pressure by the community to improve the game in other ways. A large part of the community in these games are generally quiet about the lack of sandbox features that were once in the games blueprint.

I'd hate to see this game take that route, it's important for us to criticize the game so that it can hopefully succeed someday.