New Skill, Lock smithing

here is a suggestion i have for adding a few things in game.

1, Add the ability to craft locks in game, New recipe (or recipes) for lock picks/locks, Lock smithing would be a ideal new skill name for this,

2. create the ability to "lock" your totem area's up (gates) (as it is there is no point to walls at the moment) I say have the ability to create locks and make it so that if the stuff /totem area isn't locked people can go in and do as they please.

(reserved for more)

I like the idea but wouldent you just have to grind lock picking for a few days then its kind of pointless?

i notice there is a symbol for keys in the inventory which i assume will be used for gates when implemented.
    How about rather than lockpicking what about if someone kills u they can steal your tribe key which would let them get into your tribe land for a certain duration and they could do what they please, obviously if your tribe mates were around they could kill them when entering and vice versa

So you are saying that...
    It takes 2 professions, in order to "figure out" how to lock a door.

1. You need someone to "make" the door.
    2. You need someone to "lock" the door.

Am I the only one who thinks this is kind of stupid?

Back hundred of years ago, when they made a raising steel gate, you could only open it from the inside...
    Doesn't that give it a "lock" by default? If you can't open the gate, it is by default "locked".

But obviously, they are not going to have that kind of gates in this game, you can't wait for someone to open the gate for you everytime you want to go in and out.
    So fixes for that would be to have an npc gatekeeper to open it for you or, simply make it so that non tribe members can't open the gate.

You don't need to make a craft just to create locks, that's just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by inhabit View Post
    i notice there is a symbol for keys in the inventory which i assume will be used for gates when implemented.
    How about rather than lockpicking what about if someone kills u they can steal your tribe key which would let them get into your tribe land for a certain duration and they could do what they please, obviously if your tribe mates were around they could kill them when entering and vice versa

Ok... I'm not sure what you guys think a "gate" is. But a gate to me, is something "HUGE" and heavy. Something that takes a few men to open and something that used to hold off armies trying to invade.
    Gates don't have f***ing keys. They don't have locks. They got a huge wooden plank or a steel bar holding it closed.

Dont know what they thinking for gates but suppose it would depend on what your perimeter wall is made of. Can't see a massive gate being used u only have a branch barricade fence

I would just think defense of your base would be more idea then a whole lock and key craft.Like barbed wire you can attack it and destroy it but at a price of your health.Pets like dogs that you tame they bark to alarm you someones near and you can set them to attack.This would be the way I would go about how you get into other peoples tribes ect.

as far as Gates you just open and close them.Only if your in the tribe though if an outsider wants in to say trade someone in the tribe opens the gate for them.Someone in your tribe left the gate open to go get logs oh well guess what your getting raided.

gates dont really matter at this point since you can't steal from another tribes land, you can't kill them either on there land.

chances are gates are really only going to matter for those that dont want people looking at there totem or territory expansion that is attack able.