Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I agree that rare resources are needed but I hope they won't make the new land a contested area. The starting area (the one we have now) is crowded, not with players but with abandoned totems, and since they don't decay and won't decay for a while there are no good free spots out there.

I hope the next land extension will be a contested area not the first one.

It will be the same way for the new areas also, it will just take a couple of months again. They should just put in totem decay and be done with it.
    Plus there are many areas in the current map where people can build where people are not near.

We need contested areas much more than we need more NON contested safe areas. I dont know why you always want more and more and more. I see no reason to push back the release of contested areas. You have your safe areas its pretty big, yet you want MORE area before we can have contested area? I dont get.
    We need contested areas that's what people are saying in this thread why would you want more safe zones? Clearly safe zones is not making people play the game.

Contested areas, and things to fight for is what is majorly needed. Not more of what we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    It will be the same way for the new areas also, it will just take a couple of months again. They should just put in totem decay and be done with it.
    Plus there are many areas in the current map where people can build where people are not near.

We need contested areas much more than we need more NON contested safe areas. I dont know why you always want more and more and more. I see no reason to push back the release of contested areas. You have your safe areas its pretty big, yet you want MORE area before we can have contested area? I dont get.
    We need contested areas that's what people are saying in this thread why would you want more safe zones? Clearly safe zones is not making people play the game.

Contested areas, and things to fight for is what is majorly needed. Not more of what we already have.
    I don't want 'more' safe areas, its not even possible, since everyone can only have one, his/her own tribe zone.
    Contested areas are the areas where tribe zones (not expansion totems) are not safe and can be taken over, aka tribe war. Tribe wars won't be in for a long while, so it wouldn't make sense to dedicate a huge area for that while its simply can't happen. There will be a lot of time to create new areas for contest when combat is fixed and while tribe war system is under development.

There is no sense in opening lands up for contest while the contest system itself is not in game.

Tribe wars has to happen everywhere at once and not in a specific area.

We spent hundred of hours terraforming our land and preparing it for tribe wars. We are not going to let it go to waste and move to a new area. That wouldn't make any sense.
    So many people would simply quit the game if that was the case (me included).

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Tribe wars has to happen everywhere at once and not in a specific area.

We spent hundred of hours terraforming our land and preparing it for tribe wars. We are not going to let it go to waste and move to a new area. That wouldn't make any sense.
    So many people would simply quit the game if that was the case (me included).
    Oh I didn't mean that. Tribe wars will happen everywhere if a tribe decide to be a warring one. Xsyon said in an old update that there will be areas which will be up for contest more than the normal ones, as in no one can place a totem with safe zone there. That was what I referred to.
    - Some expansion zones being open to more conquest without safe zones, while in others tribes would retain the choice to war or not.

Ah! Thank you for clearing that out.

Another issue I was thinking about regarding the skill cap.

So what happen when the devs put in more craft skills? You will need to give something up in order to start being a master on a new one?
    To me, it seems like it's going to be totally pointless to spend sooooooo much time grinding skills out when eventually you will simply lose them all.

We need to figure something out that would make it perfect.
    Personally, I would opt for something like everyone can be master in anything, ALTHOUGH it would take 10 times more effort to reach 100 than it does right now and only the ones that are truly dedicated to that profession would achieve.

Sure that over time, people might have multiple ones at 100 but they would have earned it through time and efforts, and therefore would be deserved.

I don't want 'more' safe areas, its not even possible, since everyone can only have one, his/her own tribe zone.
    Contested areas are the areas where tribe zones (not expansion totems) are not safe and can be taken over, aka tribe war. Tribe wars won't be in for a long while, so it wouldn't make sense to dedicate a huge area for that while its simply can't happen. There will be a lot of time to create new areas for contest when combat is fixed and while tribe war system is under development.

There is no sense in opening lands up for contest while the contest system itself is not in game.
    You have no idea if the contest system is working or not, who says it has to be contest where you take over totems at all. How about just make it so there isnt safe areas in it?

You say you dont want more safe areas but then you just asked for more area for safe totems, because you dont want this area to be contested. A little mixed up in what you are saying?
    You dont know when tribe wars will be in. Xsyon does. Again tribe wars does not have to be some huge plan to be put into place, it can simply be 2 tribes that war each other.

There will be a lot of time for you to build in your safe area too once the in active totems are removed.
    Right now we (as you can see by this thread) want contested areas with rare local resources. Not more safe totems where people have everything can do everything and want nothing.

Oh I didn't mean that. Tribe wars will happen everywhere if a tribe decide to be a warring one. Xsyon said in an old update that there will be areas which will be up for contest more than the normal ones, as in no one can place a totem with safe zone there. That was what I referred to.

Yes that's what Im talking about also. Dont forget just because Xsyon says something doesnt mean its always going to be put in like that either. He also said that once prelude is over he would remove safe areas.

Ah! Thank you for clearing that out.

Another issue I was thinking about regarding the skill cap.

So what happen when the devs put in more craft skills? You will need to give something up in order to start being a master on a new one?
    To me, it seems like it's going to be totally pointless to spend sooooooo much time grinding skills out when eventually you will simply lose them all.

We need to figure something out that would make it perfect.
    Personally, I would opt for something like everyone can be master in anything, ALTHOUGH it would take 10 times more effort to reach 100 than it does right now and only the ones that are truly dedicated to that profession would achieve.

Sure that over time, people might have multiple ones at 100 but they would have earned it through time and efforts, and therefore would be deserved.
    I think once soft cap is in, people will focus on the skills they want to keep.
    Like you might want to be a weaponcrafter with a little in scaving, and farming.
    While someone like me might want to be full combat, with a little logging.
    Instead of being everything in the game.
    Sure you will lose some of the hard earned skills you have now, but soft cap was always planned.

MrDDT, there is no contest system in game right now. Contest as in fighting over tribe areas, expanded or not. You can't debate that.

We need new land now because the old one is crowded. Combat is not fixed yet, tribe war is not in, expansion totems are not in. If you want tribe areas not to be safe the easy fix would be to allow tribes to switch off their safe zone, you don't need a huge land for that.

The best solution would be for now to add new land with rare resources, but don't allow players to place totem on them, or even close to them. That way the resources can create PvP hubs even if the tribe war system is not implemented.

MrDDT, there is no contest system in game right now. Contest as in fighting over tribe areas, expanded or not. You can't debate that.

We need new land now because the old one is crowded. Combat is not fixed yet, tribe war is not in, expansion totems are not in. If you want tribe areas not to be safe the easy fix would be to allow tribes to switch off their safe zone, you don't need a huge land for that.

The best solution would be for now to add new land with rare resources, but don't allow players to place totem on them, or even close to them. That way the resources can create PvP hubs even if the tribe war system is not implemented.

Thats not going to fix anything have you been reading this thread?
    Lets put more resources that have no meaning? Clearly not, there shouldnt be any rare resources where safe totems are period.

Resources where safe totems are will create 0 pvp just like you have now. Do you see people fighting over chalk? I dont mostly 2 things 1)Safe areas and 2) No reason because everyone can have everything.

You talk about "too crowed" I have no idea what game you are playing but this game is not crowed at all. Its lacking players BIG time.

You are right there is no contested areas right now, which is why there is no fighting. Which is WHY the contested areas need to be put in, its only one of the major things missing in this game. So yes I can debate that. You made my point. There is NO contested areas right now, thus why they need to add it.

I dont know how you get to the "best solution" is to add new safe totem areas. Yes rare resources, that are CONTESTED. Which would make things a reason to build protect destroy attack control etc.

Why would you not want players to place a totem over rare resources? It sounds like a great way to spark PVP. I think you mean dont allow players to place a SAFE totem over it.
    Live in your safe totem area, stop trying to break the game for the people that know what is going on.

More safe areas, geez. Clearly that's what the game needs MORE safe areas, because this one we have now (all we have now) is just FULL of people just wanting MORE safe areas.

Great so right now I've got over 10 skills at 100 and that's all going to go to waste. /cheers

This game is becoming more ridiculous to put up with, until they set things in stone, we are just bound to get fucked at some point.

First its not going to waste. They will decay but doesnt mean you cant make stuff using those skills.
    Second is I have no idea why you didnt know they were going to have a softcap its on the features page, and been said MANY times.

a regional resource system would be cool because it would promote trade and conflict across the zones...the caveat is, there would have to be a point, ie. i need [resource] to make [armor variant] and i want that armor because it does [cool shit] that the [other armor styles] don't do.

also a change to the crafting system that might be beneficial...2 layers of crafting, the skill, and the item type. This adds diversity and specialization to character production.

Any of you guys played Perpetuum?
    It basically had 6 islands 3alpha (safe no PvP unless u flagged yourself for it) and 3 beta (PvP flagged automatically) now i believe they have 12 islands but anyway.
    On alpha islands you had resourses to mine/harvest but in much lower quantities, one day you would mine a spot and next day or so if u went back it could potentially have gone and it would regenerate over time not necesseraly in the same spot. On beta you had same materials but in much larger quantities but also special resourses only found on beta. all these were used to build robots, weapons, ammo etc etc
    I think something similar to this would work quite well obviously adapted to suit this game slightly. Corporations could also base themselves on beta island in a terminal but could be attacked by other corps (at a set period) where both would fight it out and the terminal would be up for grabs.