Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I vote a huge NO to number 1 in the strongest of terms.

This makes it impossible for new players to even make a decent set of tools without travelling across a pile of zones. This is going to scare a lot of players away from the game before they even get started properly. It also makes a mockery of the fact that you have said you want to cater to solo players.

Tribes have the luxury of sending out resourse collecting parties to bring in normal items for everyday crafting. Solo players do not want to waste such time doing menial tasks.

I dont see myself playing the game anymore if i have to spend so much effort just to get normal crafting items.

I would like a clear decision on this now so i can move on to another game if you are going to stick with this rediculous decision. I am not saying this to start another "im leaving Xsyon" post. I want to play the game, but refuse to play under those terms. I am 100% certain that i will not continue playing if we keep normal resourses zone-specific. Therefore would like to know either way so i can leave now or keep working on my land and toon.

I expect to see a lot of people flame me here, judging by the comments so far. Keep it civil and non-personal. I am a solo player who wants to play solo and i want resourse hotspots and pvp hotspots.

Spreading normal materials over an entire zone does none of this. A zone is just too huge an area and will not create conflict centres. I have posted my ideas on this recently in another thread. Here it is again below..............

How to implement the resourse system

The resourse system should have gone more like this..................

1. NORMALLY SCROUNGED ITEMS FOUND EVERYWHERE AS PER PRE-PATCH

- this is essential otherwise new players won't be able to do any crafting, pretty much and will leave the game. They won't even be able to make tools without horrible amounts of travel.

2. RARE, MORE POWERFUL VERSIONS OF NORMALLY SCROUNGED ITEMS

- there could be something like "magical junkpiles" that cannot be built on within a certain radius. These should be the only place to get special versions of the scrounged items. They should deplete as per normal junk, but then regenerate at a slow rate (similar to the rare ore system of Darkfall). Using these parts in crafting should imbue special attributes to what you make.

- Alternately, these magic junkpiles could give some sort of "magical essence" instead of magical versions of the normal scrounged items. To implement this, every recipe page could have a slot for this "magical essence". It could be added optionally to the recipe at creation of the item and imbue random, special attributes relating specifically to the type of item being made - ie. stat bonuses to weapons, defence attributes to armours, durability to architecture.

This would be the better option imho, as it is exciting to have something cool, but semi-random happen at the item creation moment. Also, it reduces the need for the huge amount of items that you have just introduced to the game (poor to master for each item and special attibute). This is very important in my oppinion, because stacking and storing was rediculous enough already before the patch, but now we have another huge amount of items to deal with, sort and store. Im not a big fan of all these new items at all and i imagine many other people aren't either.

3. SOME ITEMS ONLY FOUND IN CERTAIN SPECIAL, NEW PILES
    - perhaps as an example, the only place to find human skulls, other than a rare scavenge is to find a "bone pile". They could be similar to "magical junkpiles" in that they deplete and regenerate slowly.

- maybe these bone piles or something similar could pop up all over the land randomly and not be placed statically. Having certain special resourses pop up in random spots will encourage exploration.

These are just some ideas, but i think they would be a millionfold improvement on what was implemented in the last patch. Zone specific resourses does nothing to create "hotspots" of activity where players can expect some friction, PVP and excitement. A zone is just way to big for this to happen. Small, static regions for resourses will go a long way towards creating some life in the game. I would be very surprised if anyone who suggested the implementation of rare resourses and "hotspots" wanted or expected what has arrived in the last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Dezgard is in your quotez
    Im not sure i understand your standing on my comments though DDT? Do you agree with me about zone-specific normal loot being pretty lame? And dont worry, i have sent a personal email to Jordi about this, but i do not intend to bitch and whine about it. I just to know either way where we are going so i can either move on or keep building.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooj View Post
    I vote a huge NO to number 1 in the strongest of terms.

This makes it impossible for new players to even make a decent set of tools without travelling across a pile of zones. This is going to scare a lot of players away from the game before they even get started properly. It also makes a mockery of the fact that you have said you want to cater to solo players.

Tribes have the luxury of sending out resourse collecting parties to bring in normal items for everyday crafting. Solo players do not want to waste such time doing menial tasks.

I dont see myself playing the game anymore if i have to spend so much effort just to get normal crafting items.

I would like a clear decision on this now so i can move on to another game if you are going to stick with this rediculous decision. I am not saying this to start another "im leaving Xsyon" post. I want to play the game, but refuse to play under those terms. I am 100% certain that i will not continue playing if we keep normal resourses zone-specific. Therefore would like to know either way so i can leave now or keep working on my land and toon.

I expect to see a lot of people flame me here, judging by the comments so far. Keep it civil and non-personal. I am a solo player who wants to play solo and i want resourse hotspots and pvp hotspots.

Spreading normal materials over an entire zone does none of this. A zone is just too huge an area and will not create conflict centres. I have posted my ideas on this recently in another thread. Here it is again below..............

How to implement the resourse system
    The resourse system should have gone more like this..................

1. NORMALLY SCROUNGED ITEMS FOUND EVERYWHERE AS PER PRE-PATCH

- this is essential otherwise new players won't be able to do any crafting, pretty much and will leave the game. They won't even be able to make tools without horrible amounts of travel.

2. RARE, MORE POWERFUL VERSIONS OF NORMALLY SCROUNGED ITEMS

- there could be something like "magical junkpiles" that cannot be built on within a certain radius. These should be the only place to get special versions of the scrounged items. They should deplete as per normal junk, but then regenerate at a slow rate (similar to the rare ore system of Darkfall). Using these parts in crafting should imbue special attributes to what you make.

- Alternately, these magic junkpiles could give some sort of "magical essence" instead of magical versions of the normal scrounged items. To implement this, every recipe page could have a slot for this "magical essence". It could be added optionally to the recipe at creation of the item and imbue random, special attributes relating specifically to the type of item being made - ie. stat bonuses to weapons, defence attributes to armours, durability to architecture.

This would be the better option imho, as it is exciting to have something cool, but semi-random happen at the item creation moment. Also, it reduces the need for the huge amount of items that you have just introduced to the game (poor to master for each item and special attibute). This is very important in my oppinion, because stacking and storing was rediculous enough already before the patch, but now we have another huge amount of items to deal with, sort and store. Im not a big fan of all these new items at all and i imagine many other people aren't either.

3. SOME ITEMS ONLY FOUND IN CERTAIN SPECIAL, NEW PILES
    - perhaps as an example, the only place to find human skulls, other than a rare scavenge is to find a "bone pile". They could be similar to "magical junkpiles" in that they deplete and regenerate slowly.

- maybe these bone piles or something similar could pop up all over the land randomly and not be placed statically. Having certain special resourses pop up in random spots will encourage exploration.

These are just some ideas, but i think they would be a millionfold improvement on what was implemented in the last patch. Zone specific resourses does nothing to create "hotspots" of activity where players can expect some friction, PVP and excitement. A zone is just way to big for this to happen. Small, static regions for resourses will go a long way towards creating some life in the game. I would be very surprised if anyone who suggested the implementation of rare resourses and "hotspots" wanted or expected what has arrived in the last patch.
    A zone isn't as huge as you might like to think. It roughly takes 10min travelling through one with decent agility and a decent running skill and what I've seen is it doesn't distribute by zone, but by area name.
    Meaning some zones will carry the same items in one area and other items in another area. (I might be wrong - though that is from travelling to 4 different area names, and only then would it change what a scrap yard yielded.)
    - It's not that I don't want solo players.. but god damnit. YOU ARE NOT GOD. Tribes only have the luxury of sending out gathering parties because they took the time to band together, something a homesteader would necessarily do.
    If you don't want to travel great distances to might get lucky and find what you need, then trade for it. That was the deal with this system. Travel the distance you need to go or get them to come visit you.

The only negative thing I have to say about the new distribution system would be the fact that some items have become -incredibly rare- while still being a normal crafting item. Large Metal Plates have almost vanished from all the piles I've been at. These things are just tweakings.

Yes, for a solo player the new system is going to be a burden, but without it this game simply has no purpose coming to crafting.
    Resource being spread across zones is not uncommon in games either. Just take World of Warcraft where certain crafting materials can only be found in certain zones and it was (at least in Classic) a hassle to get some ingredients as a solo player.
    We tried the homestead way, loads of resources for everyone - zero trade going on. It didn't work and won't work for such (currently) crafting orientated game. There is nothing to do.

My post was deleted because it told how crappy the patch was, and poorly done. Just FYI.
    Test more, plan better, and better use of the ideas given.

Posting long essays are pointless as the devs only take it and mess it up. Much better to take the ideas they put in, and try to fix the problems.

These problems with this, are items have no meaning, bonuses dont work, and rares are way to rare and not in regions nor known regions.
    Also will all the extra item types its a pain in the butt to sort anything out.

Can we stack stuff better? Do we really need 10 different types of screws? Great idea, but 10 different slots just on type, then you will need to have 2 to 6 slots for QL level. Thats 20 to 60 slots just for 1 item in the game. Not counting double stacks of items if they are small counts. Like try stacking small metal plates =P Good luck with that. You will likely have 10 baskets just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Just take World of Warcraft where certain crafting materials can only be found in certain zones and it was (at least in Classic) a hassle to get some ingredients as a solo player.
    We tried the homestead way, loads of resources for everyone - zero trade going on. It didn't work and won't work for such (currently) crafting orientated game. There is nothing to do.
    I have to agree with VeryWiiTee, I'm sure there is still some areas that will need to be tweeked but for the most part this is what was needed and I believe requested and suggested by many people. Since the game revolves around survival and resources, this is a good way to give value to items both materials and crafted. Every game I've played with rare exception requires some or even extensive travel or trade to acquire thus giving the items needed value. And the harder to get (and the more needed), the more value. Simple economics, supply and demand.

So the main complaints before were that there are too many junks piles and things are too easy to get and that everone can make everything themselves therefore noone wants to trade and they are bored.
    Now you are complaining that is too hard to get stuff and craft tools yourself sheesh.....

You dont need to run across multiple zones to get the basic stuff........there are other options you know be creative its what the game is about.

This game is different from others and its the type of game i want to play but i get the feeling some people like the "IDEA" of this sandbox but they would actually like the golden exclamation mark above each junk pile stating whats in it before they spend time scavenging. Think we were all spoiled when we first started the game, no decay and anything you want available within your safe zone.

Yes there are bugs and things that need fixed i agree with that but what items do you think you are currently missing nearby?

This patch didn't mess up ideas. None of the ideas we brought to the table was used in the resource distirbution, except. MAKE IT HARDER.
    They did in fact make it harder.

Have you tested all the bonuses. Who says you get a lot of strength from a bear bone. What if you only get 1 Strength per item with a full suit maybe 8 strength?

My MMO experience tells me that people will always complain because there will always be misinterpretation, stupidity and egocentric people around . Most people are even inclined to complain the second it is no longer to their favor.