Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    heck becaue he dropped into the hotel's front lawn on a parachute the owner might just give him his best room, free, because he was so cool.
    You kidding? That poor hotel owner's liability insurance premium just tripled. What if his front lawn wasn't level and you twisted your ankle?

Let me guess, it was your choice to jump, he's not liable? Exactly, it was your choice to jump, no cookie for you especially. Cookies to all hotel customers.

The idea that you might get a better room because the hotel owner thought you were so cool is the mindset we are dealing with. Flashback to UO "k3wld00ds".

The fact is he would probably have you arrested. Ever see those idiots that try to parachute in on the Superbowl, World Series, etc? They always leave the place with shiny new bracelets.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    You kidding? That poor hotel owner's liability insurance premium just tripled. What if his front lawn wasn't level and you twisted your ankle?

Let me guess, it was your choice to jump, he's not liable? Exactly, it was your choice to jump, no cookie for you especially. Cookies to all hotel customers.
    This. Or the hotel owner yells at him and calls the police because the guy fell onto his very precious flowers and killed them, and scared the other hotel guests !

Its very likely that he has to pay some compensation

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    This. Or the hotel owner yells at him and calls the police because the guy fell onto his very precious flowers and killed them, and scared the other hotel guests !

Its very likely that he has to pay some compensation
    But before he was able to call the police, the jumper killed the hotel owner took over the hotel and then charged you double for staying at his new hotel.

I mean, this is a fun story and all, but your starting it with something that makes no sense.

If I were to get to the hotel, the same speed, and at the same time, with the same rate to the hotel, why would I take a route where I can get car jacked and killed? Its like Driver can you take me through the ghetto because I feel like I would love to live at the edge a little, maybe we will maybe we wont get car jacked and raped today.

No you wouldnt. But if the guy said, look we can cut through here and get there 2 days sooner. You might think hmm ok lets do it.

Given the same rewards, you would not take the extra risk.

If I didnt have to leave my totem, and bears just came to my place, why would I waste my time traveling around and MAYBE finding a bear, for the same reward as i could have stayed home. That's the root of the problem you guys think you should just be able to stay home and then say "Ya here you have the option to run around looking for bears"

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Because those were the two games he knew had a FPS orientated aiming and twitch gameplay?..
    I got no idea..

And no it isn't mid-alpha stage. it isn't beta. We passed that a loong time ago.

It is Prelude stage. Adding to the already content stage, making the game more advanced.
    - Doing what most firms do in an MMO.. Fix bugs, add more stuff etc.
    You are so wrong... Its barely beta and thats kinda obvious. Basic things are not working as they should and good part of basic things is not even implemented...

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    But before he was able to call the police, the jumper killed the hotel owner took over the hotel and then charged you double for staying at his new hotel.

I mean, this is a fun story and all, but your starting it with something that makes no sense.

If I were to get to the hotel, the same speed, and at the same time, with the same rate to the hotel, why would I take a route where I can get car jacked and killed? Its like Driver can you take me through the ghetto because I feel like I would love to live at the edge a little, maybe we will maybe we wont get car jacked and raped today.

No you wouldnt. But if the guy said, look we can cut through here and get there 2 days sooner. You might think hmm ok lets do it.

Given the same rewards, you would not take the extra risk.

If I didnt have to leave my totem, and bears just came to my place, why would I waste my time traveling around and MAYBE finding a bear, for the same reward as i could have stayed home. That's the root of the problem you guys think you should just be able to stay home and then say "Ya here you have the option to run around looking for bears"
    Sorry, but you missed the point entirely. It was only a funny example how higher risk doesn't equal with higher reward...and now you are debating that traveling with parachute is riskier than going by train. Lol.

And the bears come to my camp ? Never seen even one around. What are you talking about ? If they came it would still be very boring...to spend my whole time in my camp only. I would go out for hunting for sure.

Sorry, but you missed the point entirely. It was only a funny example how higher risk doesn't equal with higher reward...and now you are debating that traveling with parachute is riskier than going by train. Lol.

And the bears come to my camp ? Never seen even one around. What are you talking about ? If they came it would still be very boring...to spend my whole time in my camp only. I would go out for hunting for sure.

Bad analogies are still bad.

Wow you hitting the nail on the head here.
    Because you find it rewarding to leave your camp, that means when you kill a bear you shouldnt get rewarded for it? Because its fun for you to leave your camp that should be your reward (according to your way of thinking).

Bad analogies are still bad.

Wow you hitting the nail on the head here.
    Because you find it rewarding to leave your camp, that means when you kill a bear you shouldnt get rewarded for it? Because its fun for you to leave your camp that should be your reward (according to your way of thinking).
    Gosh. How many more times do we have to tell it to you ? I get loot for PvE. You get loot for PvP. Thats the reward. You choose the one you prefer, or both, according to your taste. The choice itself shouldn't be rewarded since one of the options is not superior to the other one.

Gosh. How many more times do we have to tell it to you ? I get loot for PvE. You get loot for PvP. Thats the reward. You choose the one you prefer, or both, according to your taste. The choice itself shouldn't be rewarded since one of the options is not superior to the other one.
    You do get loot for PVE, and we do get loot for PVP. The the level of loot you get isnt there.
    When you lose your town in PVE, come talk to me about what you should get for a reward equal to what a PVPer loses with his town.

You do get loot for PVE, and we do get loot for PVP. The the level of loot you get isnt there.
    When you lose your town in PVE, come talk to me about what you should get for a reward equal to what a PVPer loses with his town.
    I'm lazy to type again, you already got the answer twice:
    My town won't be attacked and destroyed. In return I won't be able to attack and take someone else's town. Tribes who choose to be warring do that for fun and for the hope that they can take over other tribes' territory. The reward is right there in return for the risk you take. If you don't like the risk, you won't get the reward, as in the opportunity to siege other cities.
    I agree that losing your totem is much higher risk than dieing. Thats why it has a much higher reward...the option to attack, siege and take over other tribes' cities. If you don't take the risk of your totem being destroyed then you lock out yourself from the option of wars.