Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Questions for the players

A lot of people are screaming for new content. I'm still incredibly curious.
    What. Name the content that this game is missing, that other games have.

It got teh quests, it got the mobs, it got the crafting and the fighting. The only thing it is actually missing is the major quest hubs and the dungeons, but as far as I've understood, then that is our job to produce in this world. So really.

Is it just more options to the content already there?
    Do you lack imagination to create the content?
    Or can you name the content missing?
    Or try at least to mention the core content missing.

I'm curious, because it has been one of the most repeated sentences: "When does more content come/when will you add more content etc"

So?

Have fun killing each other xD.

It certainly lacks a lot of things and that is evident. All I do is train my skills so I can level up and have more hit points or I work on the city. Both are becoming less and less fun each day without any player conflict

NAME the things.. What is missing, if you can throw the word content around, you can certainly put a name tag on what this 'content' is.

'Cos as I see it, your example isn't different from other games.. Not really, well most can't build their city so that is different. All you do as a crafter is to craft all day levelling up, not necessarily leaving the safety of the town to get materials or likewise as you can just buy that from the local Auction House. Why is it bad in Xsyon then, why is that a lack of content?

I miss a working economy and purpose to build things. Whenever I try to buy something and ask for the price I get 'well I don't really know what I need...actually you can get that stuff for free'. This is very nice in a way, it shows how helpful and kind most of the players are and makes me happy, but at the same time it shows that nothing has a price and hard to figure out one. This makes crafting kinda useless too, there is no trading between tribes since tribes are usually self-sufficient.

There is no reason to build walls and buildings. I admire players' dedication to build great structures, but they are no doubt useless and pointless. As a solo player I enjoy my safe zone, and I don't build any wall (terraformed or built) since it only makes it harder to run back to safety in case I'm chased. I don't build tents since they do nothing.

There is PvE (somewhere) but very hard to find an animal, and I can't fight at all due to desync. Animals keep teleporting away when I try to hit them

Content for me are things like.

More animals, stronger animals, ones that takes a group of people to kill. AI is really bad in game right now.
    More skills like cooking and other things.
    Things on ways to heal yourself
    Bonuses to building a town, or tribe land faster healing, bonuses to crafting, rare resources to protect.
    Rare resources and local resources.
    Pack animals, carts and other ways to export these rare resources for trading.
    New combat styles, special moves, special attacks.
    New weapon types like polearms and staves, and archery.
    Magic.
    Open up the map (really I dont think this is needed yet because of the 50 people currently playing isnt much).

Thats just some content.

I think its more about the features that are missing not sure if people consider it the same thing.Taming,cooking,arch needs more recipes.

People are hung up on the whole conflict part but this is prelude so that comes later IMA.It could realy use metal works.Then a whole bunch of small tweaks.

Other then that cant really think of anything but im fine with the game so.

Oh people really want zombies!

Working economy base. Too many resources and nothing has real value
    All items have same status.
    Combat (its as if there is none atm)
    Hunt
    Gates

I would like to see more purpose for combat. Right now, it's pretty much just predators and preys. But the fact that you can't even loot their inventory makes it pointless.

I would like to see more detail in crafting. Right now, crafting is very dry and also, we are all waiting on the skill cap to kick in. So what am I suppose to do meanwhile? Even though I max out every single craft skills, I wil eventually lose a lot of the work I put in because of the cap? That's just stupid.

I don't really care about NPC questing. Tribe questing is... unnecessary. If you communicate, everyone knows what they have to do.

I want the wars to be eligible. So that we can conquer each other for a purpose, either it be territories or ressources.

I've been crafting the same weapon over 5000 times. If that doesn't scream lack of content, I dont know what does.

Instead of asking for what kind of content we want, let's talk about what kind of content we have.

- We have a poor combat system atm.
    - We can build a city, all depending of the amount of dedication you put in and how big you make it, doesn't take that long.
    - We have mindnumbing crafting.
    - We have some roaming animals that takes me 2 hits to kill.

That's pretty much it that I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    A lot of people are screaming for new content. I'm still incredibly curious.
    What. Name the content that this game is missing, that other games have.

It got teh quests, it got the mobs, it got the crafting and the fighting. The only thing it is actually missing is the major quest hubs and the dungeons, but as far as I've understood, then that is our job to produce in this world. So really.

Is it just more options to the content already there?
    Do you lack imagination to create the content?
    Or can you name the content missing?
    Or try at least to mention the core content missing.

I'm curious, because it has been one of the most repeated sentences: "When does more content come/when will you add more content etc"

So?

Have fun killing each other xD.
    The 'missing content' is not some silver bullet set of items on a to-do list. The missing content is more the fabric that links everything together.

1. Combat. Was fubar. Devs are making strides to unscrew it. Great. This is a mechanics correction, not a content creation. But if they get this done correctly, it's a pretty huge step. Combat is merely a means to an end, not the end itself. Combat settles conflict, but the conflict itself should be primarily driven by political and economic concerns.

2. Crafting. You craft to craft. While there is a lot of 'content' here, it's pretty pointless because there is really very little value associated with it. Because...

3. Resources. The world is oversaturated with resources. There is no rarity, thus there is no value. Without value there is no economy. There is very little we can't get for ourselves. There is very little reason to engage in trade, or warfare, to obtain resources.

4. Skills. Everyone can be everything, so there is no value on the individual crafter. IF i want to be something, i just have to grind it...this wouldnt be that bad except, i suffer no consequence for doing this. Game design where everyone can be everything is...bad design...If everyone can be a master crafter, on everything...meh. bad.

5. Accountability. Even if everything stated previously is addressed to a satisfactory degree, it's all pointless if there is not some degree of player accountability. The ability too hold a player accountable for their actions is paramount to the larger game. Accountability is the glue that holds the pieces together...you can't have politics without it. Your economy will stagnate without it (if you control/monopolize a resource 'we' need to be able to make a decision if we want to tolerate that...which in large part will be dictated by the controllers actions). Very simply, without accountability, every gameplay item is really artificial...the moment you make players accountable for each and every action is when you start to see real drama unfold, as players seek to protect and expand their interests.

so while the game is a sandbox [insert meaning], and yes, the players ultimately should determine what happens in it, the game design should assist by channeling players to some type of crucible that serves to ignite gameplay.

I'm with you on this one VeryWiiTee.

This IS a sandbox game. WE make part of the content, that's the way it's designed, and was fully explained from the start.

There are so many things I can do here that I cannot do in any other game...

I can design and put up my own quests. I don't have to depend on pre-made one that I would truly get bored with.
    I can terraform our area and even place roads out to needed resources. What other game gives you this? And please don't mention minecraft, as that game is more a childs game in my mind with its huge blocks you can modify.
    I have to search for animals, which is good since I love to explore. Some of the animal AI is quite surprising, like deer that will keep trying to avoid you until cornered.

and a ton of things I won't mention because the mindless will just use them to justify blindness.

If you think that there is NO conflict, then just try and keep the tree in your area safe from roving loggers.

Besides, why MUST there be constant conflict? To me the reason is that folks want it easy and are hiding behind the concept of conflict. If there is "conflict" ( I.E. Reason to fight each other ) then they don't have to think very much. "uh, bad man over there me bash'um... now world safe."

I will agree that there is way more resources than the current population needs.

I maintain that what we really need... are ... well, NEEDS Not conflicts per say.

Introduce something we need to make progress, rare resource, make food or clothing mean something so we NEED to eat and wear clothes, have zombies raid camps and require us to build fortifications... you get the picture