Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Uhm, dunno man, but I'm pretty sure you don't mean to say that the devs went through the trouble of such diversity thinking it was all about vanity...

I mean, sure, feedback is great! On the other hand, I'm also pretty sure you're well aware of where things are at from a completed development standpoint. You seem a relatively astute individual.

Take food for example... click on the cooking icon recently? Anything happen? I don't think the icon was put into place because it looked purty on the screen... clearly it's not in yet and there's a lot on the shelves waiting to be taken down and implemented.

Would I be able to provide data that the Gathering suit is meant more of a light scouting armor / summer hiking armor than say Bone which is more of a heavy armor?
    Bah, don't have data, no. But I'm sure you know that's the long-term intent...

Weapons? Is it working as it might in the future when development has reached it? I mean honestly, you think the devs think all is hankydory in that department and would leave it alone were it not for you making this thread? I find it hard to believe that.

I figure in the future(however distant), all the weapons will have varying efficacy in accordance with your opponent's armor. Archery and blades may be more effective against bone as there are spaces to slide through in the rib chest armor. Grass may be so tightly woven it protects better against archery BUT, it offers little padding protection against clubs bludgeoning the enemy or sparring buddy.

Any of this really that hard to imagine? Wouldn't have thought so.
    Currently implemented? You know it isn't.

To be implemented in the next month? Wouldn't presume so, and wouldn't have thought you would either.

There's abundant proof that feedback is considered by the devs and indeed by the boss himself. We don't even have to go through an intermediary but rather get direct feedback from the top. Feedback seems very appreciated and is acknowledged.

But pointing to things as if assuming they are complete when you should, by now, easily be able to extrapolate the intent seems kinda silly.

You may say you shouldn't have to pay for a product with incomplete features, and you don't have to. Our feedback is still taken even if we are not currently subscribed.

You used to say that the combat revamp will fail because the experts of VD and other warring tribes won't be around to test it... well, test server is open to all...
    Rather than use that to point to population issues, why not see it as having listened to what you were saying and addressed it promptly?
    Obviously we know thing like cooking and taming are 'coming'...because it has been stated that they arent in yet.

Weapons/Armor/Stuff - I don't recall reading that they devs understood that the difference, in weapons for instance, was purely cosmetic at this time. They may know this, but then again, they may not...they may be looking at the code going, 'wtf are they talking about each one of these should behave completely differently...'. So providing feedback that is not the case, well thats a good thing. Otherwise you have a situation where the devs believe something is working as designed, aand the players understand differently.

Your grass armor example...sure, it shoudl be more of a light armor scouting item blah blah blah...but is it? In a full suit of grass armor I am encumbered relatively the same as wearing bone....without nearly the resistance. So what's the benefit? Is it functioning as intended? Is grass to heavy? is bone too light? I don't know...just calling it as I see it. Devs can use it or ignore it...players can agree with it or refute it.

There are alots of things you can talk about in 'the future'. I'm sure in the future there will be ranged weapons, armor will and weapons will be significant trade offs, we'll have territorial warfare, an economy, all kinds of good stuff...but, this isn't the future. And that stuff doesn't get to a playeable condition by itself.

Assumptions and extrapolations of completeness...I am not making any statements based on assumptions...I am merely commenting on what is. If what is, is known and by design, GREAT...the devs can move along and ignore it, because they know that it's coming. Maybe it spurs some good discussion and ideas that they might care to implement. Maybe its something they thought was working, that isn't, or at least isn't working in the manner they intended.

Obviously you misunderstood my point on the test server...my point was they opened the test server because they wanted the feed back, the critique, and realized that they might not have the paying population to test it appropriately...and free-play is good marketing as a means to get people back on board when/if they are satisified with the progression of the game. And yes...you need pvp players to test pvp components of the game....at least if you want to get them right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Obviously we know thing like cooking and taming are 'coming'...because it has been stated that they arent in yet.

Weapons/Armor/Stuff - I don't recall reading that they devs understood that the difference, in weapons for instance, was purely cosmetic at this time. They may know this, but then again, they may not...they may be looking at the code going, 'wtf are they talking about each one of these should behave completely differently...'. So providing feedback that is not the case, well thats a good thing. Otherwise you have a situation where the devs believe something is working as designed, aand the players understand differently.

Your grass armor example...sure, it shoudl be more of a light armor scouting item blah blah blah...but is it? In a full suit of grass armor I am encumbered relatively the same as wearing bone....without nearly the resistance. So what's the benefit? Is it functioning as intended? Is grass to heavy? is bone too light? I don't know...just calling it as I see it. Devs can use it or ignore it...players can agree with it or refute it.

There are alots of things you can talk about in 'the future'. I'm sure in the future there will be ranged weapons, armor will and weapons will be significant trade offs, we'll have territorial warfare, an economy, all kinds of good stuff...but, this isn't the future. And that stuff doesn't get to a playeable condition by itself.

Assumptions and extrapolations of completeness...I am not making any statements based on assumptions...I am merely commenting on what is. If what is, is known and by design, GREAT...the devs can move along and ignore it, because they know that it's coming. Maybe it spurs some good discussion and ideas that they might care to implement. Maybe its something they thought was working, that isn't, or at least isn't working in the manner they intended.

Obviously you misunderstood my point on the test server...my point was they opened the test server because they wanted the feed back, the critique, and realized that they might not have the paying population to test it appropriately...and free-play is good marketing as a means to get people back on board when/if they are satisified with the progression of the game. And yes...you need pvp players to test pvp components of the game....at least if you want to get them right.
    Right, in any case, my point was that you're underestimating the developers' grasp on the condition of their product and overestimating the value of your perception of the obvious.

That's all. Feedback away.

Right, in any case, my point was that you're underestimating the developers' grasp on the condition of their product and overestimating the value of your perception of the obvious.

That's all. Feedback away.
    /shrug
    maybe
    but i know from experience, that if you stare at something long enough the obvious can become invisible...you know what it should say, what it should do, what it should add up to, and your brain connects the dots and ignores errors, because, well it knows better.

so yes, now that i have your permission, i will continue to dazzle the audience with my grasp of the obvious...be prepared to be amazed.

I agree that we need tighter relationships between gear.

Every armor should:

a. Provide general protection.
    b. Have a weakness that is fairly certain to undermine its protection.

Every weapon 'type' should:

a. Provide a range of multiformity ie. There should be big heavy long slow swords that pack a wallop, and small light short fast swords that don't do as much dmg, with a variable range in between. Sword shouldn't be the goto for fast, and axe shouldn't be the goto for slow.
    b. Provide it's own specific type of dmg. Differing types of dmg could then be used either effectively of ineffectively against differing types of defenses.

Nix the BotMs. If you want to have all your bases covered, you need to team up.

Clothes: we need comfort turned on. But I think there should be more to clothes than just comfort. Perhaps some kinds of clothes could give you more pockets? Some of them already help you blend in. Maybe some of them could help you do other things as well. I think if I were a tailor I would like to rely on something more than just comfort to drive my business.

I firmly believe every skillset should be a link in the chain of things people need. I want to be relieved that I made allies with a tailor, and relax about things people who can't make clothes so well, still have to worry about.

Food: cooking would be great. I don't know if they just have fish set too high right now because cooking isn't in. But cooking in part being a parent to alchemy, should open up a wide range of possibilities. The ideas for this won't end once it's turned on. Just read my recipe blog.

Skills: Yeah I still don't dig the basketry thing too much. It just seems odd and out of place. But then again, I remember hair dressing (is that still on the table?). All skills need special relationships between one another that provides something substantial.

/shrug
    maybe
    but i know from experience, that if you stare at something long enough the obvious can become invisible...you know what it should say, what it should do, what it should add up to, and your brain connects the dots and ignores errors, because, well it knows better.

so yes, now that i have your permission, i will continue to dazzle the audience with my grasp of the obvious...be prepared to be amazed.
    Well it is "your" thread afterall. Go nuts.

Seems to me they've got a lead test developer and I'd find it very hard to believe the things you mentioned are the result of tunnel vision and oversight... but hey, who knows.
    It's a good thing they spelled out that cooking isn't in, or we might have come to the conclusion they didn't click on the icon themselves before releasing the build or were simply unaware having stared at the icon for so very long.

Well it is "your" thread afterall. Go nuts.

Seems to me they've got a lead test developer and I'd find it very hard to believe the things you mentioned are the result of tunnel vision and oversight... but hey, who knows.
    It's a good thing they spelled out that cooking isn't in, or we might have come to the conclusion they didn't click on the icon themselves before releasing the build or were simply unaware having stared at the icon for so very long.
    NEWSFLASH

Taming isn't in yet either...we've got a button for that as well.

just so you know i'm on top of hte obvious shit.

NEWSFLASH

Taming isn't in yet either...we've got a button for that as well.

just so you know i'm on top of hte obvious shit.
    So what IS "in"?
    - scavenging and crafting, that is all
    - crafting makes mostly useless stuff
    - scavenging takes no skill, other than to pick something up
    - fishing
    - building (although buildings have little or no effect)

Things missing:
    - farming, herbalism, alchemy
    - combat
    - items (armor and weapons currently have little or no effect)
    - mobs
    - quests, missions, or goals of any kind
    - land features (no castles, keeps, dungeons, caves, etc)

If this were a Monopoly game, all you could do is roll the die and move around the board. Hotels, housing, money, charging rent, Chance/Community Chest, passing GO, these are all planned for the future.