I don't know if a lot of the people asking for skill caps understand exactily what would happen if capping skills was put into the game but ill list a couple things that would happen.

1. People who want to homestead /play by themselves. would never be able to actualy do much ingame. And this would cause loss of players, Not everyone wants to be dependent on others.

2. Skill caps would introduce a class based system ingame, Negating the entire FFA, sandbox idea this game is supposed to be. The idea is that your not limited by anything other then how much time and effort you put into the game.. Not by artificial rules setup by people who want to control what others can and can not do. This is not WoW or any other game you have played.

3. Capping skills would prevent people from making anything high QL unless they have access to someone who does have the skills to make XYZ... IE tool crafting requires more then just that skill to actualy make good tools.. (depending on the recipe).. Requiring people (forcing them) to rely on others in game will in the long and short run drive people out of the game.

I know this for a fact because if this is implemented me and a few other people i know will not be playing this game for long..

I have no issue with a max skill cap.. but all skills for everyone should cap out at the same level.

Definition of sandbox game =
"A video game with no linear storyline or specific goal, the player deriving amusement from a range of open-ended interactions or situations"

Putting a limit on what you can do would make this not a sandbox game.. forcing people into certain classes would do the same thing. Wurm online thrives because they do not force people into certain classes, they do not put limits on what people can do. In the long run forcing people to do certain things will do nothing but hurt this game.

If the dev's want this game to be a FFA Sandbox game then they need to take this post very seriously. Ether it is FFA sandbox or its not.. If its not then let the community know so those of us who think it is and will remain so can move on..

I seriously hope it stays a open world FFA sandbox game, i enjoy it a lot. But forcing me to do only 1-2 things and preventing me from doing others things will make me and others leave the game.

Cheers
Wolfgar