I dont see how you got from what I wrote that you are limited in choice at all.

Let me make it super clear. You can make everything, be everything, and do everything. But its going to be harder.

Explain to me why I would want to trade anything with you, if I can do it myself just as well?
The one thing your point does have is that maybe regional resources. But you didnt even list that.

More players would help yes, both sides of the coin it would help. But again why would someone want to train up skills to do something when they will just be a clone of someone else? They wouldnt have any nitch.
There is already a small safe zone (many of them also), that no one uses. There is no need, everyone has everything, can make everything and wants for nothing.
Lastly your point about making "super" armor is a joke at best (haha) because I bet you will not find 1 person in supreme armor. Not even 1 piece of it. Just FYI because I know you are only like 5 days into playing this game. Supreme is the highest level you can make of an item (or get). So you saying its not hard because you have the "tools" is pretty funny.

I understand you want to play the game how you want to play it. Great. But coming in here tossing out incorrect facts, and bad data, isnt good for supporting it.
On top of that, Devs already said the game will have (and has) as soft cap. Which is what most people want. He also said that if you want to strike it up alone solo style, you can it will just be harder.

Ive been giving you info and advice in game. So I know you are very new to the game. But really, you CAN do everything currently in game. Even after softcaps you will too. It will just be harder. Which is how most people and this game is meant to be played.

Keep trying to get it changed maybe devs will take your opinions into view, but at least support them with data that's true, and maybe play the game a bit more first.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
Not sure I would really mind a game where it's none of my business if someone else wants to put in the time to max everything. What's it to me?
I think that's the gist of Wolf's post... there's no intention of forcing YOU to max everything, because frankly as long as you're not actively hurting the game, who in their right mind could be bothered to care how you want to play it?

Mind you, it's been said in one of the dev's posts that their intention is to allow homesteaders to be proficient enough at anything they need/want to be able to live a peaceful and productive life if that's their choosing. They just won't be able to make the highest quality if they choose to do it all themselves.

Homesteader doesn't necessarily mean hermit by a long shot. Having friendly neighbors for a good barn raising can be a great thing.

Certainly you're not just posting to "get" people under the guise of wanting to help the game. If so, get help.

It does hurt the game. When people can be masters of everything, then why would others want to trade? If I have no needs or wants. Why would there be trade? I can do everything, I can get everything, I can make everything. Why would I trade?
That's how it hurts the game.

Me calling him an extremist is what he said himself in game. He wants to do everything without any help (well he does take advice) from in game. He couldnt make a crafting knife in game so he rerolled to get one. That's just one of the few things he did. Even though he was 5 feet from a crafting knife.
Im not downing him by calling him an extremist. He wants to do it that way. I say great more power to him. But saying that soft caps hurt trade, and make this a "class" based game. Clearly is not true.