Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    debumpm old thread died n should have been left that way.
    Wow.
    Such hate. This is one of the most well received thread's I've seen in a long time. Even a dev posted saying it was being watched. I didn't feel like it should be left by the wayside.

I understand you don't like me for whatever those reasons may be, but many people in this thread posted how they liked the system. Can you please post on the topic instead of attacking people?

Are you saying you don't like the system? If so why?

I really like this system. We all know Jordi is working on a system to remove unused totems in the game, Darkfire (a dev) was just talking about it in global today, seems like a great time to bring this thread back up, and see what people think.

Here are my ideas.

No capital totem can be captured.

If a tribe chooses to have a safe zone, they should have to upkeep it.

If they choose not to, they should not have to upkeep.

Choosing not to have a safe zone would give that tribe expansion totems and the ability to capture others expansion totems.

Choosing to have a safe zone would give that tribe no expansion totems and no ability to capture others expansion totems.

What is wrong with this system? Alt account safe zone abuse, by tribes who are using expansion totem.

Solution? Hard code all expansion totems MUST be placed 2000 meters away from any other safe zone capital totem (be it yours or not yours, because it could be an alt account and technically be not considered yours) as well as hard code all safe zone capital totems to be placed 2000 meters away from expansion totems and non safe zone capital totems.

However, it could be problematic to have an expansion totem area with capital totems mixed in between them. Because there will be hardly any room for safe zones to be used deep out in the world where they have to be 2k meters away from other NON safe capital totems and expansion totems. Not to mention the current world we have, is filled with totems. If anyone switched to non safe zone, then there couldn't be safe zones within 2k meters, which is impossible because there already is.

So, instead of 2000 meters from any other safe zone capital totem, it should just be as simple as not allowing any safe zone capital totems in the expansion lands where non safe zone capital totems and expansion totems can be used.

The 2000 meters could start from the edge of the green mist as it is now, and extend outward in 2000m radius (2000m extension from current border). In this 2000 meter area, no totems of any kind can be placed. This "no totem zone" is a MUST, for if it is not implemented, players can simply set their capital totems WITH safe zones DIRECTLY next to their expansion land.

I see no solution working better when it comes to pleasing both players who dislike forced PvP and players who do like forced PvP, as well as keeping it exploit free.