Buildings With Functions and Guilds

Basic Buildings/Furniture with functions which could be placed anywhere in the tribal (or guild) area

Warehouses.
    A warehouse would contain some number, lets say 50, slots. A warehouse would be opened similarly to a basket.
    Each slot in a warehouse can hold either a pack or a [stack of items which can be carried in the back slot]. Unlike the back slot the limit for stacking in a warehouse would not be 4 (1 for logs) it would be much larger, lets say 40 (10 for logs).

Chairs.
    Increased healing/stamina regenration
    Increased comfort
    Can be 'critically hit' by an attacker while sitting.

Beds
    Greater Increased healing/stamina regenration
    Greater Increased comfort
    Can be instantly killed by an attacker while sleeping. This would be done using an action like 'slit throat' or 'smother' or similar.

Tables:
    Tables can hold items which can be held in a pack.
    Crafting with items stored in a table would give a slight advantage in terms of quality to crafting withought a table.
    Different tables can have additional features based on the materials with which they were made which would potentially carry over to items crafted at that table.
    Crafting at a table will reduce the wear of the tools used.

Buildings and furniture with special functions could be associated with certain crafts. In order to create items which make crafting more efficient players could form crafting guilds for the skill they wish to benefit.

IMO crafting/trade guilds should be formed by players similarly to tribes, but membership in a tribe is mutually exclusive from membership in a guild. A player can join multiple guilds, but would not be able to join two guilds for the same craft/trade or more than some number, lets say 3 guilds.

In order to start a guild, a player would need to be a grandmaster (lvl 100) in the craft/trade the guild is associated with.

Guild Ranks would be determined primarily by level in the associated craft and secondarily by amount of actions performed in the guild area.

If many guild members of a certain rank are present a 'totem'/'alter'/'beacon' for guildhall of a certain caliber may be placed.

The guild halls would have construction projects distinctive to that craft which could only be placed in the radius of the guild hall.

A value you could be associated with each project to limit the amount of benefit could be received from a certain guild hall at once, the limit would increase with more grand guild halls.

For example, the leathercraft area could have tanning racks and barrels, stretching racks, dying benches, painting benches, carving benches and stamping benches, Splitting Benches.

Toolcrafters who join guilds of other crafts would be able to make higher quality tools for that craft, based on their rank.

Guilds could form across several tribes but many separate potentially rival guilds could form.

Guilds can have a number of guild halls, however if they are not maintained they may be overrun by zombies as outlined in this post.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...Zombis-Mutants

The furniture placed in a guild hall would have functions such as

-improving quality of materials (eg: tanning and stretching racks),

-Modify Materials (e.g. splitting bench + 1 bear leather => 1 split bear leather + 1 split
    bear suede),

-improve the quality of a crafted items (crafting in the proximity of a stamping bench will
    improve the quality of -items which required a punch to make)

-upgrade/repair items which have been crafted

-dissassemble crafted items for a portions of reduced quality materials.

-create items which cannot otherwise be crafted, (eg: thread => cloth via loom, dirt => mud bricks via kiln)

-create items en mass with higher yield per material (100 thread => 75 string via spinning wheel)

-storing items in fixed positions to streamline crafting; a work bench could have slots for the tools and certain materials which lack variety (such as thread) associated with that workbench. While the workbench is active by a player, the tools in the bench will be used for crafting unless alternate tools are selected from the back slot.

hrmm wow nicely tought out, excellent start and idea!

The idea is awesome!

Perhaps more varieties to buildings instead of a said warehouse.

Such as 12m long houses but only 6m wide. I'd rather have storage space crafted into a building than have a building that I can't enter.
    World of Warcrafts banks are excellent examples of a good way to deal with a banking system. A house that can be accessed and used for other purposes as well as being used as a storage facility .
    That way you would/could also allow for anyone with their own bank to access foreign banks. These foreigns banks will show a portion of your own bank space. A portion you can craft your way to have or have from the beginning. A few special slots that will let you retrieve items from anywhere on the map. There might have to be limits on items that can be put into those slots if you want to prevent people from quickly transport items over long distances.

At some point in the past I know the plan was to have guilds, No idea how they was/are going to work, Or if it was/is going to be a guild chat channel only.

Not sure how guild halls could work unless they are one faction alignments only.
    Also am I understanding the idea right, Guild halls would be able to be placed anywhere that was not already set up as a camp area?
    And if that is the case, Would guild Halls block people from setting tribe totems?
    If Not, Would someone be able to set a tribe totem to destroy or block poeple from using the guild hall?
    But is a Guild Hall could block someone from setting a totem that would be bad to.
    How can you stop this from being a griefers paradise?

I'm asking b_ulam as he is architect of this idea, But I welcome any one with any idea's about this. I like part's of this idea, But not sure how you can bypass the griefers aspect of the problem before we move on to the rest of the guild idea.

I really like the warehouse thought, But I think I'm on another page than you are b_ulam . I would want a walk in warehouse with built in chest and storage stalls for the large mats. The large stalls could work as you talked about, But it could be stock piles you could see just by walking into the warehouse, Also with it being inside a warehouse it could be much higher stacks. Would love to be able to see large two story stacks of bricks.

I'm hoping furniture will give us a wide variety of choices when it comes to what types of buff's and/or benefits that comes with them.
    Example: Eating bear steak gives you a 30 minute strength buff, But if you sit at a table and in a chair and eat the bear steak you have a 1 hour strength buff.
    You could do combo's of buff's and benefits giving you strength and agility buff for 30 minutes.

I like the table idea and such but I'm still not sure how guilds would work. I mean I guess you could go with another totem for the guild and get a bonus while in the radious I just don't know how the realism this game is going for would play into that. I mean whats speacial about the area that gives the boost? It's just a hard idea to make realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Not sure how guild halls could work unless they are one faction alignments only.
    Also am I understanding the idea right, Guild halls would be able to be placed anywhere that was not already set up as a camp area?
    And if that is the case, Would guild Halls block people from setting tribe totems?
    If Not, Would someone be able to set a tribe totem to destroy or block poeple from using the guild hall?
    But is a Guild Hall could block someone from setting a totem that would be bad to.
    How can you stop this from being a griefers paradise?
    I see the 'guild hall' as being placed similarly to a totem however
    -tribal areas and guild areas may overlap.
    -the size and 'point allowance' for projects which benefit the trade/craft and the things which can be placed in the area of a guild hall will be limited by the status of the guild at the time of placement. As the guild improves new items can be added to existing halls and/or new more grand guild halls with larger radii, larger point allowances and more diverse projects can be placed.
    -in order to overlap with an existing tribe, a guild hall must have a high enough guild-ranked member in that tribe who has permission to place structures for the tribe.
    -in order to place a tribal totem overlapping an existing guild hall, the totem placer would need a special permision which can only be granted by the guild leader
    -The permissions a player has in the intersection of the tribal area and guild area would be the intersection of the rights they have in either respectively.

Membership in a guild would be exclusive from membership in a tribe. A person could be in Tribe A and a member of guilds X,Y,Z at the same time (given that X,Y and Z are guilds for different crafts/trades). Each of these guilds could have members from tribes A,B,C...

A guild would have an alignment similarly to a tribe.
    Good Guilds would be able to accept good and neutral players.
    Neutral Guilds would be able to accept any players. And trade with anyone
    Evil Guilds would be able to accept evil and neutral players.

Sets can be associated alignments. For example a Righteous Bone Crafters Guild may not learn so many Deathbone sets as an evil one. The fact that being aligned gives special recipes that are not available as neutral may balance the fact that neutral guilds can accept any player and thus grow more rapidly.

Added after 8 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    I like the table idea and such but I'm still not sure how guilds would work. I mean I guess you could go with another totem for the guild and get a bonus while in the radious I just don't know how the realism this game is going for would play into that. I mean whats speacial about the area that gives the boost? It's just a hard idea to make realistic.
    The guild hall 'totem' it self provides no bonuses. It creates a circle in which projects which do provide benefits can be placed. Only projects associated with the craft/trade of the guild would be able to be placed here. In order to receive the benefits of the area you would need to interact with these projects after they are built. E.G.1. If you bring a bunch of mud and water and firewood to a kiln you will be able to make mud bricks which you could not do otherwise. E.G.2. If you bring a finished article of clothing to a dying station you can alter the color based on which dyes you have at the station. Some of the stations may take time to perform their function - If you place leather on a tanning rack, it will improve in quality/bonuses/whatever the longer you leave it on, up to some limit. I see the guild halls an an area where specialized crafting furniture is kept and managed by the Guild's Grand Master.

This thread seems viable enough to expand upon the large architect projects. I have seen before a post about an auction house. Beyond what may be done about guilds, a good start place in my mind would be a player run auction house. The currency is of course linked to the tribe hosting the building. Also I'd really like to see some sort of religious architect things. Such examples would be an animal statue or spirit-ward posts (an object to lure or repel certain animals or change their behavior within and around tribal territory). Here is my basis in wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_animal , I would like this because I hear people people getting spawn ganked by humungus bears in their tribe area and having to wait till it leaves. This would provide a means of constructing a spirit-ward for bears. It could be an intimidation role as explain in another post. here it is http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-for-animal-AI On the contrary if for instance you would like to see more mule deer you could build a mule deer statue to lure more to your tribal area with this. Thus less actual looking for them hence no tracking ability is active.

0.o nice ideas! keepem coming XD