Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Xsyon Citizen
    I think the OP idea sounds great. The ability to make a name for yrself being a crafter is important. Also as mentioned it would orobably boost trading. Right now there's basically no need to trade. We dont want everyone to be master jack of all trades

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    1. dramatically reduce the recipes that players get from naturally learning. A player should definitely learn enough to be functional...but say a weapon crafter, should maybe naturally learn how to make a half dozen different weapon models.
    2. drasticall reduce the recipe scavenge rate. These things should be rare.
    3. Introduce a second tier of skill for crafting...your skill at crafting the specific item.
    Actually #3 is how i would do the skill system for a MMORPG game if i was to design one.
    I always though using a Base Skill + Specilization skill was a good way to force players to use skill points and help stem min maxers.

To better explain if I take what Dub is saying but then add the specilization idea to all of the skills

So for example we could addin the obious specific weapons under there parent skill so you could get like 200 in using a specific axe by having 100 axe skill + 100 points in that specific weapon. But heres a idea how about this idea is also applied to all the skills, running could have things like terrain types, cooking when added could have specific dishes, logging could have something else like specific trees yeilding more resources.

But i would probally do the crafting system more open ended so that your resources and personal knowledge of the assembly system came into play just as much as the base stats of your character(IE SWG Pre CU).