Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
Because those were the two games he knew had a FPS orientated aiming and twitch gameplay?..
I got no idea..

And no it isn't mid-alpha stage. it isn't beta. We passed that a loong time ago.

It is Prelude stage. Adding to the already content stage, making the game more advanced.
- Doing what most firms do in an MMO.. Fix bugs, add more stuff etc.
I think you should really check out the definitions of alpha and beta. This game is NOT even close to being in beta..
"Beta is the software development phase following alpha (beta is the second letter of the ancient Greek alphabet, used as the number 2. It is not nowadays usual to speak of a later gamma test). It generally begins when the software is feature complete. "

"FEATURE COMPLETE" ... do you really think all the game features are in yet? .. If so what about cooking? taming? etc.. etc. lots of things are not present yet in the game.. Hence there is no way the game can be considered "In beta" The game is in a Alpha state and your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Beta is for final testing of bugs before official "Release"

Check this out.. Its the life-cycle of software development.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ife_cycle#Beta

"As the Internet has allowed for rapid and inexpensive distribution of software, companies have begun to take a more loose approach to use of the word "beta".[4] Netscape Communications was infamous for releasing alpha level versions of its Netscape web browser to the public and calling them "beta" releases"

Just because a company says its "Beta" etc doesn't mean it actually is.. More often then not companies are forced to put out their games due to monetary issues. They call their products "beta" etc to draw people in..

etc etc

As for the OP.. While i am not a rabid supporter of PVP.. I do like to do it once in a while.. You make a lot of good points.. And i like the Dev's responces, You can't have a pure pvp sandbox and survive in the game market. Lets face facts , Only a very few people ever pvp full time. you just can not do it. Mainly due to being killed all the time. If you don't have some sort of "safe zone" what winds up happening is nothing gets done except one big gank fest and people wind up quitting.

Sure the gank fest would be fun.. As long as your skills are high and you have lots of friends.. If your a new player you would be screwed.. And that's basicaly what some people want.. Sense their skills are already up what do they care if some new player can't do anything?? Its the entire reason behind some peoples rabid pro pvp stances here.. They want a advantage over new players and do not want anyone to be able to challenge them.. (its a human trait to want to get some sort of advantage).

etc etc