Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't see why we should protect kids in a game that is indeed not rated for kids.

To comparison you can always just turn on the TV and you'll get spammed with drugs through Hollywood Stars, Singers etc.
    Whether the kid is able to make the distinction between reality and virtual reality imo is up to the parents of the kid, NOT a game company.
    A game has just one purpose, to enjoy the masses with immersive gaming experience (if a game is supposed to be more than fun I've missed it for quite a while.)

Bringing in drugs, herbs and the likes, even debuffs like broken leg from falling, their short-termed benefits/consequences and long-termed benefits/consequences would just add to the immersive sphere Xsyon already has.
    Say I can gain 5+ perception for 1hr (in-game time) for smoking some weed, while the long-term (if abused) consequence of that would be -20 perception for 6 in-game hrs would only add to the 'realism'. A 'fun' way of doing it could be like World of Warcrafts notes on some items.

WoW:
    Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings
    (Insert loads of qualities and stats here)
    "Let our enemies know that havoc calls and that with its song comes their end."

Xsyon:
    Weed
    Provides perception if used. (You gain perception as you see the world more clearly)
    Reduces perception if abused. (You lose perception if abused as that'll turn you into a pot-head)
    "Don't abuse/use drugs." <-- this being the WoW kinda note.

Coffee:
    Reduces energy use if used sparcely. (You conserve energy as your blood is mildly affected by the coffein and thus you can do more with the same amount of energy.)
    Increases energy use if abused (You cannot sleep due to the amount of coffein in your blood, this tires you and thus your action will feel more complicated/tough to do.)
    "Try to avoid coffee. It gives black spots in your memory."

Imo (short): If people don't like their kids playing games with drugs, don't let your kid play such games. You decide, not your kid. Start taking responsibility instead. Else, let the rest of us have fun with the immersive gaming we get out of it.
    As an example I can use myself. I was forbidden to see violent movies (such as Scream, Jurassic Park etc. until I was the appropriate age) and the same went with games. I wasn't allowed to get GTA when it hit the streets until I was old to understand that you didn't smack down a person on the street, just because they were there.

@Books. SWG did have drugs as far as I remember

Xsyon Citizen
    the funny thing is im 13 and I made this post I play 18+ games I play it for the fun not thinking about how inappropriate something is the addiction idea is to give a negative effect of something like if the drug benefits you after it has to have a negative effect addiction was one small idea the main thing was the status tile menu...... Thanks guys for feedback

Big diff from teaching your child not to hurt another person in real life. Vs minor differences in, saying "This drug can be good for you sometimes, but if used 3 times a day instead of once a day, you will get side effects that could be bad, and still maybe even have good side effects also"

Try explaining some of these things to a child is very hard, not only that you are also talking about smoking weed like its a good thing. In this game killing and hurting people is NOT a good thing. So its easy to say in real life also to a child its not a good thing.

I see no need at this time to add drugs, or addiction. Maybe after space flight is in, we can worry about some of these minor things in game.
    Why not just have potions that add effects?
    You can do the same thing you are looking to do by calling it, elixir of perception, then having it give bonuses and negs without addictions at all.

I didnt see drugs or addictions on the features list. Ive already bought the game. Adding something like this could cause me to stop playing. It sounds odd but it does.

Xsyon Citizen
    DDT its just an idea you might not like it but others might and again my idea wasn't about addiction your picking that out thats a small idea that was off the point of my tile menu

I think having a system which shows your damage is already in game.
    I think a system which shows your conform is in game but not fully working.
    I also think alchemy and cooking are to be coming in game, and once they are in I can go back and post if this might be something good or not.

So the only thing left in your post to talk about was addiction which you said a few times out of the very few sentences you did write. Thus is why my focus was on it.

Im in the wait and see mode for comfort, faith, cooking, and alchemy.
    After those are in, and working I believe then is the time to see how they did it, and then maybe change to a system sorta like this if they didnt already do something more for it than they have now.

Xsyon Citizen
    well im clearly incapable of posting something that you won't criticize so I am just gonna forget posting things

Quote Originally Posted by TheSlyRoogon View Post
    well im clearly incapable of posting something that you won't criticize so I am just gonna forget posting things

smoking weed wich is illegal is alot better then drinking no vilonce from smoking and if you dont have mental problems to begin with and you bake with it instead of smoking there is almost no down side to it like with drinking.