Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xsyon Citizen

I've had an idea for a new tile menu

well this is just an idea so here it goes...

it should be called status or just be a symbol of a human body outline and it should tell you your injury status and if you've got any addictions to (herbs/drugs/plants) that's where some new resources come in like tobacco plant and any other thing like it *good or bad* they can have a good effect but get addictive and then have a bad effect.
    It can also show any effects for foods like benefits or cons to stop people ONLY getting fish and to start cooking (when it's fully implemented) and if any special weapons have any good effects. This is not trying to bring drugs in but to have more of a variety.

Great idea. And you would then use certain hurbs to heal yourself.
    +1.

Xsyon Citizen
    yeah and select which injury (bruise,cut,broken bone) you wan't to manage

nice post. being able to get addicted to tobacco ingame just like in rl haha epic. But broken bones dont think is such a great idea ingame yet. Considering we all fall off cliffs/mountains and well everything daily, However if we had more open flat land and space that we dont have to jump off of to get to the bottoms then yea add it then. None the less good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    nice post. being able to get addicted to tobacco ingame just like in rl haha epic. But broken bones dont think is such a great idea ingame yet. Considering we all fall off cliffs/mountains and well everything daily, However if we had more open flat land and space that we dont have to jump off of to get to the bottoms then yea add it then. None the less good idea.
    You don't have to jump, you can slide!

/turn on old man syndrome

To the OP's idea. I would recommend being very careful in the implementation of drugs or substances other than healing herbs(homeopathy based)... I mean, VERY careful. The adults who play the game have already reached their decisions regarding such things, sometimes to their peril, up to them. BUT, the younger folks who play the game should never get mixed messages as to the perils. Simulated addiction and real addiction are very, very different monsters. Dangerous ground to tread and shouldn't be taken lightly at all.

/turn off old man syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post

To the OP's idea. I would recommend being very careful in the implementation of drugs or substances other than healing herbs(homeopathy based)... I mean, VERY careful. The adults who play the game have already reached their decisions regarding such things, sometimes to their peril, up to them. BUT, the younger folks who play the game should never get mixed messages as to the perils. Simulated addiction and real addiction are very, very different monsters. Dangerous ground to tread and shouldn't be taken lightly at all.

100% agree here. I see it does add somethings to the game, but at what cost?

I would much rather see many many many other great ideas before addiction is placed into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post

If this is you line of thought why is it OK to kill people in game? Or commit suicide by jumping off a cliff to get home faster? Why is it alright for murder to be taken lightly and not drug abuse. This is hypocracy IMO. all the adults here decided not to be murderers but who know what the kids'll do. Simulated murder and real murder are very different things......

It says in FAQ that the game is not rated, but is intended for mature players.
    If the game had been made to be ESRB rated E for everyone then yes, no drugs. Otherwise we should get addicted to any consumable which we overuse which is not food.

Xsyon Citizen
    the funny thing is im 13 and I made this post I play 18+ games I play it for the fun not thinking about how inappropriate something is the addiction idea is to give a negative effect of something like if the drug benefits you after it has to have a negative effect addiction was one small idea the main thing was the status tile menu...... Thanks guys for feedback

Big diff from teaching your child not to hurt another person in real life. Vs minor differences in, saying "This drug can be good for you sometimes, but if used 3 times a day instead of once a day, you will get side effects that could be bad, and still maybe even have good side effects also"

Try explaining some of these things to a child is very hard, not only that you are also talking about smoking weed like its a good thing. In this game killing and hurting people is NOT a good thing. So its easy to say in real life also to a child its not a good thing.

I see no need at this time to add drugs, or addiction. Maybe after space flight is in, we can worry about some of these minor things in game.
    Why not just have potions that add effects?
    You can do the same thing you are looking to do by calling it, elixir of perception, then having it give bonuses and negs without addictions at all.

I didnt see drugs or addictions on the features list. Ive already bought the game. Adding something like this could cause me to stop playing. It sounds odd but it does.

Xsyon Citizen
    DDT its just an idea you might not like it but others might and again my idea wasn't about addiction your picking that out thats a small idea that was off the point of my tile menu