Test/Public Server and struggling with Enthusiasm

Anyone else getting a bit weary and struggling to keep a positive outlook, im really trying to keep a positive outlook but its getting tough.

Just looking back through the updates I think the last "Public" update which actually added an interesting dynamic to the game was decay(sometime in May i think) with nothing else so far.

The last few weeks has been soley focused on the "Test" server, but to be honest I dont pay my subs to spend my time playing on that.
    Also is it correct that inactive accounts get access to the "Test" server because i may aswell have cancelled my sub last month and played on the test server this month.

And yes i do know the games in development but giving people who dont pay access to the "better content" on the test server than the people who actually subscribe to the game is a bit of a joke. Why subscribe?

Subs will probably be due again for most shorlty and i fear more people may be gone in an already deserted world.

Quote Originally Posted by inhabit View Post
    Anyone else getting a bit weary and struggling to keep a positive outlook, im really trying to keep a positive outlook but its getting tough.

Just looking back through the updates I think the last "Public" update which actually added an interesting dynamic to the game was decay(sometime in May i think) with nothing else so far.

The last few weeks has been soley focused on the "Test" server, but to be honest I dont pay my subs to spend my time playing on that.
    Also is it correct that inactive accounts get access to the "Test" server because i may aswell have cancelled my sub last month and played on the test server this month.

And yes i do know the games in development but giving people who dont pay access to the "better content" on the test server than the people who actually subscribe to the game is a bit of a joke. Why subscribe?

Subs will probably be due again for most shorlty and i fear more people may be gone in an already deserted world.
    It's a double edged sword. They want to give others access to the test server to tempt them to come back at some point if seen to be moving forward. But yes I too am dissappointed that some features have just not been pushed out.

I can't see why things like the sorting and scrolling could not have been pushed out by themselves whilst they worked on finishing up the larger items. I think they have to push out a build this week and get into the habit of working on some small things for each week that get rolled out when other things have been delayed so at least there is continuous progress.

Greetings,

To clear a few of your issues up.
    It is indeed a double edged sword, ideally we wouldn't want to allow non subscribing players to join the test server, however the current build is mainly combat orientated.
    The majority of players that gave us feedback as to why they were leaving was that they felt the combat lacked.
    Since we are keen to maintain the player base and help players return, it seemed logical to allow them access only to the Test server.

However, playing on the test server should not be used as a replacement to the live server, in order to 'play for free', the test server is down more than it is live, and in most cases the server is either wiped clean, or rolled back to a stable save.

In terms of what content has or has not been released.
    We listened to alot of feedback regarding what players wanted to see in game, there were two clear objectives the players wanted...

New Content and to improve current content to give it more meaning.

Improving content to give more meaning to features currently in-game was the majority of player feedback, so this is what we are doing at the moment.
    This doesn't mean new content wont be added, I know for sure that we have some really good content and features due to be released soon, however alot of small issues with current content needs to be finished before adding new content.
    otherwise we will just have a game full of features (Yay!) but which are only half finished (aww!).

The current plan is to release a public build every Wednesday, however sometimes different updates may take more time than others to prepare and release.
    Hopefully everyone will be really excited about the next build, it should address alot of issues that were reported in the bug reports.

I hope this has answered a few of your concerns.

Thank you.

Thank you for taking time to reply.

I do understand the reason you are doing what you are with the test server, I just hope something is released on the public server before current subscribers question renewing.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    Greetings,
    New Content and to improve current content to give it more meaning.
    Glad to hear it, im all for the new combat system too and if lootable items have more value/meaning it will be something worth fighting for

the test server is usually down every day except for the day of the update, honestly i dont see it as a F2P server with the way it currently is. i was able to test combat changes when they went out on that day for like 30 minutes and haven't been able to get on since.