Combat revisions feed back 6/18/11

It's been great to see the new changes in the test server. In particular I love the additions to the crafting UI and the adjustment to logging XP. Combat seems to be coming along nicely but I do have one qualm.

When holding an attack and getting whacked by a bear I immediately responded with an involuntary counter-attack. I'm not sure how well this will work out in PVP. It seems like the extreme speed of that counter attack is going to be very difficult to block, dodge, or avoid and due to only being triggered by receiving a hit you will always be in proper range. Also, it mucks with the tactical decisions of the player holding the attack in the first place. I would rather be able to decide when I release my attack.

That said, I'm thrilled with the progress so far and can't wait to see what's yet to come. Thanks to the devs for all the work and dedication to making Xsyon a better place.

Bug with swing fast, then waiting, it will fill up your adren fullly. Also your next attack is 100% damage like you held it the whole time.
    Also you can store adren after a swing, if you drop out of combat mode.

Being that there is few people to even test it on.

Hmm, Jordi never mentioned anything about adrenaline did he?

cool that that's being implemented too though. i hope they can work out the bugs quickly

Adrenaline can only mean one thing.

Special abilities incoming !

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Adrenaline can only mean one thing.

Special abilities incoming !
    Special abilities mixed with FPS combat would be AWESOME.

updated combat systems is definatly going in the right direction, at least its going to have allot more tactics coming into play. Thats going to revive some of the players once that gets knocked out.

Yep, there are a lot of lurkers (myself included) waiting on the combat system. It is definitely headed in the right direction. Has the potential to be epic. Hopefully they see it through before moving on to other tasks.