Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Again you are looking to fix the problem with AI instead of thinking through systems and why AI will not work to fix most of the problems. Griefers would love the NPC system put in place here, they would be rich off of these guards and players until players figure out they are only supporting attackers, then guards would never be used and back as square one again.
    What is with you today man? I was just commenting on Trench's notion of an AI trumping a human...

I believe you, the system will bring disaster, oh noes...

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    So glad I'm not a developer.

Well, scrap the npcs and have skills and resources only usable in areas where no safe zones exist. Make those skills and resources revolve around speeding up construction of both offensive and defensive architecture and equipment and of anything that can be destroyed in a siege. That was the heart of the idea the guy I was talking with the other day had anyway. Make it hurt less to lose what you've built, and more people will be willing to risk it, especially since they'll come out ahead, unless they live in a bad neighborhood or irritate other players, since it will be costly to attack them.

Pack animals would be nice to have, too, and if pvers want those, they should at least have to come into pvp zones to catch them. It might take a few tries, but eventually they'd succeed. I don't see what the harm in that would be, since we're already not safe outside our tribal area. It's just a matter of a longer trip into an area that pvpers know other players are trying to reach.

Same with rare resources, if they're a bit spread out, no one will be able to guard them all of the time, so what's the harm in putting them where non-safe-zone tribes can get them a little easier than safe zone tribes can? Just don't let them park their tribal totems on top of every single one, and you're good. Maybe smaller amounts of rare resources could spawn randomly throughout the area to prevent a tribe or alliance from completely preventing everyone else access. So a big tribe could take over a large mine, and defend itself from attack, but what is mined there can also be found in small quanties elsewhere in the no safe zone area.

But this doesn't resolve the issue of people logging in from a few days off only to find everything they've built destroyed. If there is no protection for offline players, some pvpers will only attack when they know someone isn't online to defend. It also won't stop a giant zerg from running roughshod over the entire no safe zone areas, but at least when one does, it won't be as terrible as it would be at the current pace of building.

There are many ways to make something work. Im sure there isnt just 1 way. Maybe something like this could be tweaked to work. But really Ive given up trying to put in ideas of how a system can or cant work. I believe my time is much better spent like Jadzia, and just trying to tell people how something wont work, and not give any advice on how things will work.

Maybe once Devs put out a patch, that really does something to the game we can move on from there, but right now, I just dont believe what the Devs say. I really hope they do listen to some people on the forums with good ideas. Stop making knee jerk reactions to things.

Combat revamp is something I believe they are really doing well on, and I hope to see more systems like that in place.

Idea people need other idea people to poke holes in their ideas. Saves time and energy spent finding out the hard way. We're all waiting on more. All of us who are still here, and all the lurkers who check back on this forum to see what's new. I'm still happy with the game, but it's far from complete and polished. Which is fine. I'd be happy with a system that let different types of players enjoy the game together, on the same server. But I'm realizing it's much harder to do than it sounds. Which is why I said I'm glad I'm not a developer!