Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions for the Week 6/13 through 6/19

Please post your Questions to the Developers below.

Thank you.

1) It is going to be possible to eventually make party and be able to see our teamates HP/Stamina information in display windows?

Is there going to be a chat revamp?
    Are we going to get patches faster than once every 3 or 4 weeks?

Can we get more testing tools on the test server? Like maybe something to attack? Or global chat?

Can you provide us with a complete, detailed breakdown of systems/features partially complete and/or being worked on? - Instead of us subscribers guessing each little thing that you're working on and asking about it, wouldn't it be easier (for us) if you just gave us up to date details on everything? - Anything which work has gone into we are interested to know about. - This thread feels like Xsyon Unreleased Feature Trivia, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by b_ulam View Post
    Can you provide us with a complete, detailed breakdown of systems/features partially complete and/or being worked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by b_ulam View Post
    Can you provide us with a complete, detailed breakdown of systems/features partially complete and/or being worked on.
    I second this question wholeheartedly. A detailed answer to this question will give lots of players more motivation to keep playing. If you are lacking time, skip others questions to answer this one more completely, IMO. Or just give up the extra 10 minutes :P

It's almost like people just want to know if the features list in Xsyon is even possible to code...or if those projects haven't even been started yet?

I think giving value to playing the game itself (apart from aesthetic value of building and crafting) and to the ITEMS in the game world is priority #1. Nothing has any meaning as most quickly figure out. That above all else is why there is no player base. Hell, even most items in WoW have more value than this game. At least earning gear in that POS game allows you to PvP and PvE drastically better. I get that this game is suppose to be skill based in PvP (then again, is it? Combat advantages come from grinding all skills for a maximum amount of HP), but there needs to be a much deeper and larger spectrum between the highs and lows of effectiveness and rarity of items.

Will there be rare, hard to make (meaning time investment) items in this game that have use better than the more basic items?

Perhaps there is a rare chance to find some very tough metal...right now there is only ONE kind of metal (if you don't count the iron and steel wedges which don't make any specific type of item, such as IRON this or STEEL that). You can do this with pretty much all items. Just make different types of items (for metals, iron, steel, titanium etc) and give those different types better STATS (not quality, STATS...like perhaps a POOR QUALITY steel suit of armor would be heavier and more defensive than a MASTER QUALITY set of bone armor)

I think if i could sum up Xsyon right now, it would be "There is essentially zero risk and zero TRUE reward for everything you do a cool looking town is not a reward for RISK, it's just a reward for your time investment when it comes to having a nice tribal area. Something like finding rare resources and crafting powerful items is a reward because it makes you better than the next guy. I think what we have now is perfect for BASIC resources that SHOULD more or less be abundant to all. However, you need to do something more with the same type of resource, but a higher quality (again, using the metals...is titanium tougher than iron? I think so. This applies to everything. Certain types of wood are stronger or at least BETTER for specific tasks than other types of wood IRL as well)....just make titaninium much rarer to find and harder to craft than iron. Do this for all skills and along with removing safe zones you have brought risk/reward and therefore MEANING into the game.

Sorry for rant but I think i have to explain what i mean by some of these questions and my reasoning behind Xsyon needing these additions. If you don't want this commentary i'll simply stop asking questions because it's necessary. Question is bolded.

Can we get metal handles and blocks put into scavenging until you can get a metal works craft made which im sure will be quit awhile.I wouldent think it would be much work items are already coded and
    back in alpha-beta I know I found some metal blocks from scavenging.

Can we get Travois instead of carts? Since the wheel has NOT been invented so far it would seem easier to program. A pair of small or medium poles, and a harness made by either a basketweaver or a leathercrafter. Travois are historical in this area as the Indigenous tribes in North America used them. Either Human power or Dog/Horse's were used to drag them around. Used for toting heavy loads - especially useful in this game since strength keeps dropping.

Please... could you guys keep this thread clean.

Simply ask your questions in point forms.
    This isn't a place to discuss your own, or other people's questions.

That way you will save Raguel hours of his time instead of filtered through all the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Please... could you guys keep this thread clean.

Simply ask your questions in point forms.
    This isn't a place to discuss your own, or other people's questions.

That way you will save Raguel hours of his time instead of filtered through all the stuff.
    You do realize that will get us nowhere right? If the question is not basic that is. By reading my bold question you have no idea the depth of what I am talking about unless you read the rest. Some things aren't as simple as a one sentence question. It's a shame they only have time enough to read and answer very short questions when they might not have any idea what you mean. I'd rather have them understand so they can give a better response than not quite understand what I mean and give a response we have gotten before.

Anyway, I wont post off topic anymore, just pointing out its necessary

Added after 16 Hours 21 minutes:

Will the areas where mist is being removed be expansion totem lands? Or at least lands that have some sort of conflict and no safe zones?

• I want an FFA/FL open world where the players are given the tools to alter the world, and then set loose.
    • I want structures to be as safe as it gets.
    • I want siege mechanics to be one of, if not 'the' most difficult thing to achieve in the entire game. ie. The method by which you get past structures.
    • I want the ability to make peace (through war if necessary).
    • I want my enemies to be formidable (not pushovers).
    • I want my achievements to have a linear purpose (if conquering a resource is only valuable as a means to conquer more resources, this is circular to me, and therefore meaningless to pursue).
    • I want a predominantly zone free world (no amusement parks).
    • I want the world to be able to change (areas become safe/unsafe through alliances/war dynamically, as the players carve out the world).
    • I want communities to be able to enter into a state of victory with the opportunity, through hard work, to retain that state (victory being defined as: made safe by our own hands, for our people to enjoy).

My questions:

Which of these do you fully intend to remove?

What 'idea' (if any) will it be replaced with if you do remove it?

Which of these will definitely remain on the table for alteration?