Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What do YOU enjoy most about XSYON?

Lately all we have been talking about is what Xsyon could improve on...but what has it done right so far? What do you enjoy?

I enjoy most that we get a blank realistic world that we are familiar with (always, always a great thing to have familiarity in the game setting), in an apocalyptic setting where we get to be independent and build a new world (aka, we can't just go to work, buy our necessities and go home and lock the doors...life isn't that easy in post apocalyptic world)

We have to do everything the way the first humans did it...and that's great. I think the game setting is truly phenomenal. It gives you so much freedom with options and future evolution, by default of being post apocalyptic.

The idea of this game reminds me of Civilization the turn based strategy game. You start out as cavemen and work your way up to flying around and having nukes and what not.

Exact same scenario with Xsyon, except the evolution of the civilization as a WHOLE is dictated by content updates from the DEVs. Perhaps, the best players could be more evolved than the worst players, but never too large of a difference forced by game mechanics (like musketmen vs suit of armor...too large of a technology difference there).

Right now, the best part about Xsyon is the realism of the crafting and construction system. Other than the fact that it is realistic, it still lacks meaning as far as driving sandbox game play. But let's try to not focus on the negatives here. Also, the fact that we get to build the world from scratch. If I could choose an ideal real life (not this modern BS), it would be one where land is not claimed by bankers and the true owners of the land are the ones who can DEFEND IT (which is post apocalyptic Xsyon minus the safe zones...or...sometime before christ 2000+ years ago). I would love to design and build cities in REAL LIFE...too bad all the land in the world is owned and thanks to technology they can reinforce their ownership.

What are your favorite parts about the game as it is in its current state?

Agreed the idea and concept is great, and the location.
    Like how resourses like chalk are found at only specific locations and also like how there is a difference between what you find if you scavenge instead of pick up and sort materials.

Well, you know those NPC guys with the question marks rotating over their heads? Oh that's right. They aren't in this game! I'd have to say, if that's not what I enjoy most, it's in the top three. If NPC quests are added in later for those who want them, I won't cry about it, but please, don't make the NPCs walk around everywhere with those stupid things on their heads!

I enjoy the community for the most part, too. Yeah, we've had our differences, and yeah, MrDDT did annoy me with his deforestation project, but you know what? When I read his posts, I can tell he's holding on to at least 20 IQ points more than your average MMO gamer. So I'm just going to give him a pass and think of him as Xsyon's pet griefer tester. And NorCal's sig quote makes me happy, too. And even though I don't want to be a speck of dust under Dubanka's dictatorial thumb, I don't think he's lacking in the brains department, either. Nor is Jadzia (who also has some high quality social skills), or Book, or Plague, or just about anyone I've run across in the forum and in game. Just because I don't want to be social with other players all the time doesn't mean I don't appreciate a community full of people capable of expressing something more complex than an internet meme and an LoL.

I am a terraforming and achietecture junky, I simply adore this feature. My little castle up in the mountains in Kings is coming along very nicely. I really enjoy the freedom that is implimented into these features and like to make things look good instead of just making a huge pile of dirt and call it a tower. Its funny, I know this game is far from the high standards of some other mmos but i still feel ihve gotten plenty of value for my money. Its funny you should mention Civ4, Im the kinda guy that plays those kind of games because I like to build stuff. Ihve got 3 Eve online accounts that are pretty much free to play but ihve spent more time in Xsyon then Eve these past 2 months, Eve just doesnt have that free world building like this does. Sure you can build stations and starbases but those are just so bland and all mostly corp/alliance level stuff... thers nothing really you can create on your own.

I enjoy the potential of what it may become.

There isn't really much in game that i find enjoyable. Terraforming was fun for a bit. Crafting was fun for a bit. pvp was never fun

So yeah when i log in i look to further the VD cathedral, but that's about it...heh tried to grind some crafting but that had me drooling on my keyboard in short order

so yeah, the potential.

re: civ references, i've been civ'ing it up instead of xsyon..civ4 is kinda my go to time waster.

I use to enjoy just logging in and socializing with my tribe, till that slowly died off to just 5 of us, which is now 4 and soon to become 3.

I really didn't have a reason to do anything but logged in and spent hours talking with buds to plan on what we were going to do later that day or tomorrow.

We would explore the game and note where the other tribes are while working on intel. we had the KOS thing over in the Ceddarat peninsula, we had some pvp with arman and hopi.

its just pretty much dead atm, im hoping the new changes bring back a influx of players, we need some major PR to get the games name out if its going to survive once its in a presentable state.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    I enjoy the potential of what it may become.

There isn't really much in game that i find enjoyable. Terraforming was fun for a bit. Crafting was fun for a bit. pvp was never fun

So yeah when i log in i look to further the VD cathedral, but that's about it...heh tried to grind some crafting but that had me drooling on my keyboard in short order
    You beat me to it...again!

I like the potential that this game SHOULD become.

With safe zone removal and/or tribal warfare/sieging, terraforming will become a huge importance. Loves me some fortress penetration, logistics, and defense strategery!

I really like all forms of pvp, the logistics involved, and burning down other people's property.

I absolutely loathe crafting, grinding, harvesting resources, gathering anything, and anything else that slows my path to pvp. I still thoroughly enjoy these things as long as they allow proper benefits of pvp/combat, but without the pvp/combat aspect - I just loathe it.

I could care less about pretty trees, green grass, a nice lake, beautiful rolling hills, what the guy in the next camp to mine believes about how great his kids are gonna be some day, and digital fishing.