Hey all,

Whiskeyjack here. I’ve been playing the game for over a month now and finally sat down to write this intro. My buddy Icarus turned me onto to this, my first sand box game, and I love the versatility of terraforming and architecture. I found an abandoned, large block of dirt on top of a hill that I have been reshaping it into keep style fortress. Learning as I build it up. I always like to chat with architects out there to compare notes and techniques, so send me a whisper. I also plan to take a tour around the lake and check out your architectural wonders of the world.

I can't claim to be a decent PVP’r, but I understand the gripes you folks have and hope the upcoming combat revision satisfy your expectations. I will train into combat, but my main goal is to build a defendable stronghold to make your jobs a true challenge. I hope the /unstuck command will be revised in some way so you can’t just magically pop into/under/over the defensive structures. I’m eager for the gates to be patched into the game and to find out if my design will hold up to a “proper” siege. I’ll post some ideas on these subjects later now that I have collected some knowledge of the game mechanics.

For now I’d like to give a shout out to a group of people who have helped me along my way.

• Appollo of the Audacian Republic has put up with my random novice architectural questions and given me a valuable training session on leveling.
  • Vandal of Templar has also provided good conversation and insight with a few tools to help me skill up.
  • Andrew of the Xsyon Mercs gave me an uber-noob knife to poke at them pesky bears.
  • The now-retired Logan of Ravens Crest gave me a nice set of tools. I hope you and your tribe come back to the game after the combat revisions.
  • And finally, the diligent Ms. GuideIsda for promptly addressing a couple of my in-game issues. And always with a smile.

I hope to meet many more of you to develop trade routes, stoke rivalries and earn respect from each other as we plod along in Prelude.