Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    Damit no patch today, no turkey tomorrow AND no paycheck this friday.*
    lol, i like you!

But football on Sunday right? Tell me there's football on Sunday!

Still no patch people. Just FYI. Had a few people asking in IRC.

Hopefully today wont be manic monday.

Its pointless to really argue about patches with indi games its like argueing that Notch hasn't released minecraft 1.7.

The way i see it if your already to the point where the next patch 'might' make you play your pretty much already checked out. I can admit that I myself am almost to that point, im not waiting for the next patch to bring new content, im waiting for it to bring new players........

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    Hopefully today wont be manic monday.

Its pointless to really argue about patches with indi games its like argueing that Notch hasn't released minecraft 1.7.

The way i see it if your already to the point where the next patch 'might' make you play your pretty much already checked out. I can admit that I myself am almost to that point, im not waiting for the next patch to bring new content, im waiting for it to bring new players........
    I play more than most, and Im looking forward to a new patch for many many reasons.

Im not "checking out" by a long shot. What will cause me to check out, is if nothing is done for another month or 2.
    Im very close to having all 100 the skills.

Which means when skill decay comes into play, you should drop like a fly. IMO, skill decay should be from amount of time logged in. So, it wouldn't be wise to log in and go afk for hours or you would just be letting skills decay.

Question is, will your HP decay with it? They really need to think these things through. If your HP doesn't decay with it, that is another problem with the game. Unlimited HP with the introduction of skill decay

Quote Originally Posted by meissner61 View Post
    Do you guys think it will be some time before the game feels a little more "Smooth"? Im sure all of you who have played know what i mean.
    The game is smooth, the only thing that isn't smooth is combat.. The rest is working just fine, whether it is considered fun is another thing, but smooth, that one has been checked.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Which means when skill decay comes into play, you should drop like a fly. IMO, skill decay should be from amount of time logged in, not from anything else. So, it wouldn't be wise to log in and go afk for hours or you would just be letting skills decay.

Question is, will your HP decay with it? They really need to think these things through. If your HP doesn't decay with it, that is another problem with the game. Unlimited HP with the introduction of skill decay
    Imo he did say that HP would be modified by combat skills, he also said that anyone with already high combat skills would gain more HP when it is public. I'm sure that since HP is proportional with combat skills you'll see HP decay with combat skills as well.

The game is terribly not smooth for me... jumping is incredibly broken and so is the camera - that together makes it a not so smooth experience

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Which means when skill decay comes into play, you should drop like a fly. IMO, skill decay should be from amount of time logged in, not from anything else. So, it wouldn't be wise to log in and go afk for hours or you would just be letting skills decay.
    It would be better imo if it didn't depend on the logged in time, more like the time when another skill is being used (apart of running, swimming and jumping). Just think of the roleplayers or players who just want to chill and chat with friends...or players who are running for an hour for some trading.

So kind of how stat decay works? Problem with that is I never know doing what skill DECREASES what stats. Perhaps a combination of both, and skill decay increased when uncomfortable, hungry, thirsty, exhausted, etc

Added after 7 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    The game is smooth, the only thing that isn't smooth is combat.. The rest is working just fine, whether it is considered fun is another thing, but smooth, that one has been checked.

Imo he did say that HP would be modified by combat skills, he also said that anyone with already high combat skills would gain more HP when it is public. I'm sure that since HP is proportional with combat skills you'll see HP decay with combat skills as well.
    Ok, I guess that's kind of good. But it is still also modified by leveling all skills, which kind of kills the crafting specilization if there ever was to be any.