concerned about the population of the game

Ok I have been playing since before the release. But lately I haven't seen people at all in game. I am hoping that the game is not done and over with?, how are the Dev's getting paid with like only 15 people playing? We need all the stuff in test server so people start coming back, otherwise I have a feeling that Xsyons doors will be shut!?

~Liquidblade

Low population with major features missing > high population with major features missing

I don't know how long they can keep the game running for, but I know they are working very hard to get the game into a state where they can start advertising.

Greetings,

Since release the general population has declined, there is no avoiding that.
    However over the past couple of weeks to a month, we have seen alot of old players coming back and re-subscribing to the game.
    We have also seen more new survivors joining us.
    The population is on the rise.

The next content/update is going to be quite big, and hopefully this will bring alot more of the old players back.

Quote Originally Posted by dali2gala View Post
    Ok I have been playing since before the release. But lately I haven't seen people at all in game. I am hoping that the game is not done and over with?, how are the Dev's getting paid with like only 15 people playing? We need all the stuff in test server so people start coming back, otherwise I have a feeling that Xsyons doors will be shut!?

~Liquidblade
    Yea, me and my other four friends are coming back. Well, I two of them im not sure when but they will, I have already re-subbed along with a friend of mine.
    Maybe once a global chat is created things will pick up, at least thats what I think, I like to talk to whomever to pass time when I am fishing and so on. But there is always people in chat to talk to I have found, so way more than 15. Also, depending on the server cost 15 may be able to keep the game up, thatd be about $225. Unless they own the server its running off, I don't know enough about what they are using so I wouldn't know.

15 people won't pay the bills nor salary, but you can't expect any kind of number to be online. a) you don't have the tools to do so. b) we see chat across the entire world. c) people are not necessary paying attention to the chat (I know I ain't)

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    15 people won't pay the bills nor salary, but you can't expect any kind of number to be online. a) you don't have the tools to do so. b) we see chat across the entire world. c) people are not necessary paying attention to the chat (I know I ain't)
    I said depending on the costs, and 15 was from the OP. a) But you can expect a certain amount, by the forums, sure not all are on at the same time but it clearly says who is and isn't a subscriber. b) And I had not realized that they changed it, I have not been on in a month so my bad. Chat used to be limited to a few Zones around you. c) I will disagree with this because I know of a few that pay attention and respond when they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Yeah personally i never paid attention to any of the chat anyways its got a horrible scroll bar and usually once i went up to view the log i never bothered to go back down and check anything new.

plus i use teamspeak so i dont normally chat in game.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    Yeah personally i never paid attention to any of the chat anyways its got a horrible scroll bar and usually once i went up to view the log i never bothered to go back down and check anything new.

plus i use teamspeak so i dont normally chat in game.
    What do you mean its got a horrible scroll bar?

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    What do you mean its got a horrible scroll bar?
    He means there is no scroll bar, its just a click line by line.

They turned on Global Chat? Wasn't aware of this, and not quite sure that is the case. I thought that was only for the test server?

I kind of figure this game was in development for at least a year before launch and that was presumably with no income. It at least now has Some income... hopefully enough to keep everything afloat as long as needed for things to pick up.

The fact that the forum lists someone as subscriber means they have bought the game, but it does not necessarily mean they are currently active-subscription.