Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Actually Appollo I am sticking to the intent of the topic.

What Dub is saying is they are vague answers, What I'm saying is that I understand the nature of what they are attempting and fully understand they cannot give some folks the answers that will satisfy them. ( I didn't realize you were the forum monitor )

I have to answer similar questions to these everyday. I easily understand how ( at times ) you just cannot answer a question directly if you are unsure whether or not you can stand by your answer for whatever reason. Also saying something like "it's on the table" tells me that it has been suggested, but has NOT been decided one way or the other.

If you don't like that, it's ok... won't change anything .. but it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I agree the vagueness goes both ways. But there is definitely detailed and well thought out questions people have asked that get an answer that seem to dodge the question. Examples Dub provided aren't the greatest
    No doubt Thats why I said : The question doesn't force an answer about the game mechanics. Xsyon does like to give vague answers... I don't know if intentionally (sometimes for sure) or it is in his nature. That's why we have to ask very specific questions which are hard to answer in a vague way

8. Xsyon should be a zone free seamless world.
    Trench I believe he meant that the game won't have loading zones, teleport gates and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Actually Appollo I am sticking to the intent of the topic.

What Dub is saying is they are vague answers, What I'm saying is that I understand the nature of what they are attempting and fully understand they cannot give some folks the answers that will satisfy them. ( I didn't realize you were the forum monitor )

I have to answer similar questions to these everyday. I easily understand how ( at times ) you just cannot answer a question directly if you are unsure whether or not you can stand by your answer for whatever reason. Also saying something like "it's on the table" tells me that it has been suggested, but has NOT been decided one way or the other.

If you don't like that, it's ok... won't change anything .. but it's ok.
    i understand them too...and i undstand i can perceive them in any number of ways depending upon which hat i want to wear.

I could see your point if the person answering with the community liaison...the PR guy...the marketing...whatever...the guy that has a script to follow, that knows what (s)he has been told to say, and whether or not they know more (or think they do at least) they would not be at liberty to divulge it. But we're talking now about the man with the plan. I'd like to hope he has a very specific idea of exactly what he wants to implement and exactly how he wants to implement...exception being for those things that he's still figuring out (like siege).

Heck it's the man, if it's still being worked out, say so. '...That issue is still beign worked on. Right now we're wrestling with how we incorporate elements a b and c, while still keeping y and z relevant aspects to the game...' THAT would be informative, and insightful...and a lot better than, Yes, you will be able to make peace....duuuuuude passs the pipe....we're gonna make peeeeeace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    No doubt Trench I believe he meant that the game won't have loading zones, teleport gates and so on.
    yeah he took seamless world to mean non-zoned, non-instanced.

One of the mmo's I've played in the past has a video that needs to be heard by every player here. The Game is Eve Online and the Video is the Revelations 2 trailer. Just listen to the woman speaking. 'Man is the Destroyer of things'.

Yes we are. Nukes don't destroy the world, the man who presses the button does. Thanks for the suggestions I shall go listen.