Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Rare resources (and even some common scavenged resources) will be distrubuted throughout the world, not just the new zones. The key is the distribution. You won't be able to sit in one place and gather all you need, which is what some of you are worried about. It will have to be obtained through travel, trade or questing.

Yes, Book, exactly.
    Sounds good, it will boost trading I hope Now we just need a trade channel or some other way to communicate with players in the other side of the world...

I wonder....

If I made two alt tribes far apart, then the members of each tribe swap home towns so rares are right outside their door would work? ie. belong to tribe X, but live in tribe Y's town.
    It wouldn't work. If you are a member of tribe X, then the city of tribe Y doesn't give any benefits for you. No safe zone for you, you can't even drop a basket in their area.

It wouldn't work. If you are a member of tribe X, then the city of tribe Y doesn't give any benefits for you. No safe zone for you, you can't even drop a basket in their area.
    So a rare trade agreement would be out of the question? ie. I send some guys from our tribe to live with you. They hand you resources and operate out of your town as their base (your town has gates right?). In exchange you send some guys over to our tribe, and they hand us resources and operate out of our town.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    So a rare trade agreement would be out of the question? ie. I send some guys from our tribe to live with you. They hand you resources and operate out of your town as their base (your town has gates right?). In exchange you send some guys over to our tribe, and they hand us resources and operate out of our town.
    Thats an interesting idea. It wouldn't be very convenient (someone from the tribe has to be online to take the resources) but it can work for now I guess. When they implement comfort that would make it harder....if you have to sleep in a tent to get a good condition.

And it depends on how rare those stuffs will be...if you have to live far from home for a month to get 1 rare thing that wouldn't make this too common.

It wouldn't be very convenient (someone from the tribe has to be online to take the resources) but it can work for now I guess. When they implement comfort that would make it harder....if you have to sleep in a tent to get a good condition.
    It has the potential to be extremely convenient, depending upon the benefit of having rares. And why can't I sleep in my neighbors tent and be just as rested? As long as they let me in.

It has the potential to be extremely convenient, depending upon the benefit of having rares. And why can't I sleep in my neighbors tent and be just as rested? As long as they let me in.
    Well if there will be an option to give access to use my stuffs you can. Right now I can't give any permission for friends to use baskets or anything in my area.

But anyway, whats wrong with this ? If 2 friendly tribe changes workers so what...the workers will be unsafe, and the rare stuffs will remain rare. Rarity doesn't depend on the safety of the gatherer. If you like to spend weeks on your friend's doormat then you are free to do so I guess.

@Jadz

I'm just trying to explore the idea.

OK so rares are based on distance from 'any and all' safe zones, or just your own? If 'any and all' safe zones, will I be able to plant a safe totem to lower my neighbors property value so to speak?

Or I guess there will now have to be pvp zones (places you can't place safe totems at all)?

@Jadz

I'm just trying to explore the idea.

OK so rares are based on distance from 'any and all' safe zones, or just your own? If 'any and all' safe zones, will I be able to plant a safe totem to lower my neighbors property value so to speak?

Or I guess there will now have to be pvp zones (places you can't place safe totems at all)?
    In my understanding I can't find rare resources inside and nearby my own tribe zone. Others' zones doesn't matter. But this is just how I understood it, so I might be wrong.

Before this gets out of hand, I need to clarify a few things.

Rare materials are distributed throughout the world, so no one will be able to set camp and gather all the rare resources they want from nearby areas. They will have to explore, trade or set up quests for others to bring them what they need. There is also a distribution of common items. The best quality leather and bones will be gathered only through hunting. So there will be plenty of reasons to risk exploration.

The farther away from safe zones the greater the chance of finding rare resources, the closer to safe zones, there is less of a chance. There isn't a border or rim at the edge of a safe zone between 'easy' and 'hard' to find rare resources.

When we add expansion claim totems, these will increase the chance of rare items being found, in essence creating resource nodes.
    Is the code made to make the rare resources even rarer in closer to safe zones only apply to the players safe zone itself? Or do all safe zones apply equally. Because technically, someone else has a totem that isn't a safe zone for anyone but the people that belong to that totem. If I came from 10 zones away and stood 5 meters from a safe zone would I get as poor of chance to gain rare resources as if I stood 5 meters outside my own safe zone? Remember, there is no safe zone for me in that situation, just the person who belongs to that totem. Do the same rules apply?

If the same rules do apply, this really hurts a great idea.

@Jadz and NorCal

I took it the same way Jadz took it. But then re-read it for any other possibilities. I guess that's the question we have NorCal.

I guess it doesn't matter when you factor in expansion totems. If for example the 'standard' rares are all you get unless you go expansion totem and create a node to get 'rare' rares.

Rare resources (and even some common scavenged resources) will be distrubuted throughout the world, not just the new zones. The key is the distribution. You won't be able to sit in one place and gather all you need, which is what some of you are worried about. It will have to be obtained through travel, trade or questing.

Yes, Book, exactly.
    This is great. Something like, increasing the chances of scavenging bones in one area of the world, metal in another, cloth in another, etc??

Thanks for the clarification it's very much appreciated