Quote Originally Posted by Jalisar View Post
I thought the sandbox game was just to play... Not for trade and economy as most people think trade and econ means ridiculous trades and insane prices... That could just be me personally though.
What does playing a game have to do with sandbox type of game?
Sandbox game has nothing to do with "just to play". It has to do with the type of game it is, I would guess all games were "just to play". Because that statement is so broad it covers every game.

Trade, and economy are only part of what make up a sandbox game but its a major part. Its player trade, and player run economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
Oh noes... don't make me say it man, don't do it!... this isn't DFO... argh, I said it

Incidentally, if things are so easy to acquire and replace, why are YOU so interested in my loot?

But anyway, fix exploits as they appear, agreed.

What Jadzia is saying might be a good compromise though. Maybe find an equation that would use the random element but make it less possible for someone to fill up with useless stuff hoping to lessen the chances of losing the few useful things to bring home.

We've got physics experts working on this game... they can probably handle an equation or two
Of course you would agree with what Jadzia is saying, because its going more to the carebear side of things. Its removing full loot from the game. She is major carebear, she is the queen of the carebears.

I think, fixing the exploit should have nothing to do with this. Like JC says, if you dont want to run, dont. Chalk it up as a lost. Just like you would in PVP.

I dont see how it makes it "less possible" you would drop 5 stacks of the 90 you are carrying not counting the equiped items. That means you would drop less than 5% of what you had. That sounds really effective to me. Might want to come up with a better way.