Since i know certain members of the community like to dredge up year+ old quotes to support current arguements about 'stuff'...Well here new material trumps old, or supports it, or redefines it, or just has me scratching my head.

Will the areas where mist is being removed be expansion totem lands? Or at least lands that have some sort of conflict and no safe zones?
The current plan is that they will be buildable as the current zones. We may expand to add some completely 'wild' zones but not with the first expansion. Placing a totem will reduce the chance of rare resources within a range of the totem.
I like the rare resource reduction inside the totem area. I HATE that the expansion area is merely the same ruleset as the existing area. This is bad bad bad bad. IMO.

I want an FFA/FL open world where the players are given the tools to alter the world, and then set loose. I want structures to be as safe as it gets.
Xsyon should be an open world, but not with attacking or destroying anything at all times.
Structures should have a level of safety, depending on defenses and choices made by players (alliances, choice to war or not etc.).
Typical vague, somewhat contradictory response here. It's an open world, but not, or at least not all the time. Structures should be safe sometimes, maybe, depending upon choices made relevant to systems that haven't been designed yet. WTF? You can not provide an answer by using as yet undetermined / undefined systems as the primary explanation. That's like me saying i'm going to solve th world's energy problems by harnessing the limitless capabilities of a fusion based power system (the question is then,'...uhhh fusion power, how exactly are you goign to do that?' This type of answer just feeds to the 'what kind of game are we going to get' confusion based arguements.

I want siege mechanics to be one of, if not 'the' most difficult thing to achieve in the entire game. ie. The method by which you get past structures.
Siege mechanics have not been planned out yet. This was not part of the original design, and as I've stated before, it's something I'd like to add as many players have requested this. I want to first examine other games that successfully deal with siege systems..
This has been the pretty standard reply. The new piece was the examining part. There is only one game that has really done seiging well. it is currently being re-developed. If there are questions as to what you'd like to see in the system, please ask them...there are members of the community that have extensive experience on both the player and developer side of seige based systems. From the player end, we want the fairest system possible, because we know at some point we will be on both sides of the equation. IT SHOULD BE EXTRAORDINARILY DIFFICULT, IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE, TO BRING DOWN A FULLY FORTIFIED, WELL DEFENDED FORTRESS. Anyway, ask your playerbase, there really isn't that much out there that with a decent system...otherwise we'd be playing it and not prodding xsyon to implement a great one...

I want the ability to make peace (through war if necessary).
Yes, you should be able to make peace.
Grrrr. I would like to reverse global warming. Yes. wtf. I envision that a tribe will be able to make peace by doing this that or the other, that means of peace will not be limited to merely combat, but by doing blah or bleh or bluh. I mean seriously. Is there any wonder why we're at each other's throats on the forums. Yes.

I want the world to be able to change (areas become safe/unsafe through alliances/war dynamically, as the players carve out the world)
The world should change dynamically, as determined by players.
This is where the boggle comes in. How does the world change dynamically by the players? This was a very specific question, with some relevant examples / expectations given...with just a 'Yes' given in response. Yes+How would be nice. Yes tells us nothing.

I want communities to be able to enter into a state of victory with the opportunity, through hard work, to retain that state (victory being defined as: made safe by our own hands, for our people to enjoy).
Attaining 'victory' and maintaining safe zones through hard work (I think that's what you're getting at) is on the table.
Killin' me. How? How do you envision one obtains victory? What kind of hard work. There has been a ton of forum traffic on this subject, it would be nice to be able to channel along a direction.

Thanks to Trenchfoot for the relevant questions. Despite my commentary, thanks xsyon for responding...any response is great...at this point having a few more details would be better.