Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bummer...

Bummer...

So, a friend and I find a secluded area with no other totems around that's pretty far from the lake and we decide to set up camp. 2 days pass by and I log in to discover that someone chopped down every tree that was not in our Totem's radius and just left them there.

If you need wood, fine, but why come all the way out to just chop trees for no reason?

Bummer.

Reason is experience for logging and wood crafting. So you guys are moving? Good luck with that. If you ever decide to join a tribe, check out the Audacian Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghimel View Post
    So, a friend and I find a secluded area with no other totems around that's pretty far from the lake and we decide to set up camp. 2 days pass by and I log in to discover that someone chopped down every tree that was not in our Totem's radius and just left them there.

If you need wood, fine, but why come all the way out to just chop trees for no reason?

Bummer.
    If I remember correctly tree respawn will be implemented with the next patch. Till then just gather all the wood they left behind and enjoy the supply

Yeah, can be a bummer when that happens. As Jadzia pointed out though, regrowth should be here shortly!

In the meantime, since you've just set up shop, you'll have a lot of building to do and the wood will come in handy. If you like the spot, you don't necessarily have to move.

I'd like to think people are leaving the trees as they're leveling their logging skills to be nice, letting me decide if I want long or short logs. Then again, there's no name attached to a felled tree like there is a log... so maybe they just don't want to leave evidence

As Ive been moving through area's of chopped tree's I've been chopping up the fallen tree's looking for tree's I can skill up on. Working on tree's is forbidden in a tribal area, so take care of the downers yourself. The tree's HAVE respawned since being cut originally as I'm finding dropped tree's next to regrowth. It's hard to tell anything until the downers are chopped up. I don't clear-cut and usually leave a few tree's in the area UNLIKE to original clear-cutters. My name will will be spotted on lots of logs now since I will chop the logs NOW even for the little level xp - I'll not wait until a fix is implemented regarding logger chopping xp. I like to explore and I really like to see where I'm going.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    As Ive been moving through area's of chopped tree's I've been chopping up the fallen tree's looking for tree's I can skill up on. Working on tree's is forbidden in a tribal area, so take care of the downers yourself. The tree's HAVE respawned since being cut originally as I'm finding dropped tree's next to regrowth. It's hard to tell anything until the downers are chopped up. I don't clear-cut and usually leave a few tree's in the area UNLIKE to original clear-cutters. My name will will be spotted on lots of logs now since I will chop the logs NOW even for the little level xp - I'll not wait until a fix is implemented regarding logger chopping xp. I like to explore and I really like to see where I'm going.
    You are likely seeing the effect of the world respawn Xsyon did of ALL trees. It was a 1 time event.
    Trees do NOT regrow, or respawn currently.
    Copping up a felled tree gives 0 exp. Felling a tree gives exp, and cutting up wood logs using woodcraft does, but NOT cutting a felled tree into logs.

chopping a felled tree does give level up xp - I have leveled twice today that way.

You must have chopped 1000s of felled trees and only been one tree fell away from a level up.

Both have XP equivalent to each other

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    chopping a felled tree does give level up xp - I have leveled twice today that way.
    Ive chopped up 1000s of trees, and a dev told me it doesnt. So you are either lying, bugged, or mistaken. Please check your facts.

I even just tested it, and it still doesnt even on a toon with 5 logging, and 5 woodcraft which would mean I would see the most xp at those levels. This was tested with 25 trees 0 exp gain.

Well it certainly did something besides clean up the hillsides. I really want to hear what Joordi has to say on this matter.