Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    You serious? That's what you bring to the thread? I don't have a great deal of personal items and I'm not going to give away all of the tribes items. There's always the possiblity for a miracle. I'm not quitting anyways. I said I almost want to quit (i meant this moment). I'm giving it until the end of August.
    I am very unimpressed with all of the other released and in planning MMO's. Since losing money via SoE I pay close attention to any game that I pay for and play.

I've seen posts like this many times and will see more in the future. The 'I'm gonna quit because xxx' and the very tired 'I quit because xxx' seem out of place for a new game.

I'm kinda happy so far with Xyson; That being said, I eagerly await feature's and updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    I totally aggree with everything he said. This is also my view on the things and i don't understand why developers can't get a proper character system ( after all the basics are there it only needs adjustments that you can't skill everything ). Yes people WILL be annoyed that they can't be good fighters AND good gatherers BUT thats what we want....roles.
    Personally, I don't want roles at all. In a sandbox game which has no alts its not a good idea imo. If a dedicated player plays for years and he wants to be everything he should be able to...but it should take years. The main problem is that everything is too easy to max in the game....if lvl 90 scavenging took a year to get, same with fishing, combat skills etc players being self-sufficient wouldn't be a problem. And I would limit the recipes a crafter can get...like 1 armor set of a given lvl, 1 set of lvl 50, 1 set of lvl 60, 1 weapon for lvl 80 and so on. This way even high lvl crafters would be dependent of others, while they wouldn't be limited that what can they do in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Personally, I don't want roles at all. In a sandbox game which has no alts its not a good idea imo. If a dedicated player plays for years and he wants to be everything he should be able to...but it should take years. The main problem is that everything is too easy to max in the game....if lvl 90 scavenging took a year to get, same with fishing, combat skills etc players being self-sufficient wouldn't be a problem. And I would limit the recipes a crafter can get...like 1 armor set of a given lvl, 1 set of lvl 50, 1 set of lvl 60, 1 weapon for lvl 80 and so on. This way even high lvl crafters would be dependent of others, while they wouldn't be limited that what can they do in the game.
    I think that you only shoud be able either a good crafter (and even as a crafter you should only be able to produce only a few things with very high quality) or a good fighter. The possibility or every person being self-sufficent is the death of every sandbox-mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
    I think that you only shoud be able either a good crafter (and even as a crafter you should only be able to produce only a few things with very high quality) or a good fighter. The possibility or every person being self-sufficent is the death of every sandbox-mmo.
    Wouldn't mind seeing the limitations imposed be rather malleable though, allowing people to make any type of character they can imagine or want to role-play, but within reason type of thing.

SWG system used to irk me a little as it didn't always allow the kind of variability that would be nice, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    and also the wall argument 100% true. the capital city should ofc not be contested at any time because after all its a game and it is not fun to lose weeks of gameplay. The additonal slots could also mean losing weeks of gameplay but they are optional and with more local ressources ( yes not every region should be good for everything. If one region is bad for metal for example than thats how the game is ) you gain more power
    Im confused here, can you explain this a bit more?

You believe what?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
    I definitely agree...I hope there are some solid limitations eventually...it's a flippin' MMO...everyone being able to do everything will NEVER be a good thing for the community or the game...and will just ensure that all new players feel so far behind the curve that they think they'll never catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    I definitely agree...I hope there are some solid limitations eventually...it's a flippin' MMO...everyone being able to do everything will NEVER be a good thing for the community or the game...and will just ensure that all new players feel so far behind the curve that they think they'll never catch up.
    I think everyone doing everything is fine IF they do not do it well. Meaning if you can make everything but its all crappy. Then I see no problem with that. If you can do everything at the top end or very close to top end. Then that's where problems are.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I think everyone doing everything is fine IF they do not do it well. Meaning if you can make everything but its all crappy. Then I see no problem with that. If you can do everything at the top end or very close to top end. Then that's where problems are.
    i agree, there should be a reward for those investing time on a smaller path when skilling his/her char to be able to be the best in that specific field. and as you said the more skill areas you try take on the more the overall quality of what you do/produce should suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    If it took someone a year to get 90 scavenging I think most people would hate that, and not play. I would rather have fast leveling of skills but also have fast decay. Thus people couldnt keep skills high but they could do everything if the choose just would have to reskill it sometimes.

So say you were a homestead type of person. You could make the best QL stuff in the game, ALL of it. But you couldnt do it all at once. So you would have to say level up woodcrafting to 100, level up tool crafting to 100. Make your tools, and make a lot of high QL wood stuff. Then you would start training up, weaponcrafting, and scavenging. It doesnt take long maybe like 4 or 5 days of playing (which is really like 20 to 30 hours of played time) to get those to 100. Make your weapons using the good tools, good wood, good scavenged items and 100 weaponcrafting. Then you start work on bone armor crafting, and foraging.

You can keep doing this for all skills if you really wanted everything at the best QL, and not effect economy in a negative way.
    Sure it would be harder for a solo homesteader to do it. But not impossible and I believe through trade, most homestead type of people would love this.

Now as a dedicated crafter of say, tools you would make a name for yourself, and even go further with it, getting ultra rare resources to make the best of the best stuff.
    Also as a dedicated crafter in a tribe, you would have a purpose and the tribe would want you. Sure they could spend 10 to 20 hours training it up themselves but really it would be a lot more effective to have someone doing it all the time.

I also believe that if you want to be the jack of all trades but master of none you could use that in this system. Simple give skill a stack ranking. 1 to 10 would = .05 points. 10 to 20 = .2 points, 20 to 30 = .6 points. 30 to 50 = 1 point, 50 to 75 = 1.25 points, 75 to 90 = 1.5 points, 90 to 95 = 2 points, 95 to 99 = 3 points, 100 = 5 points.

This will allow people to have either many or all skills at low level, but few skills at high level. You can even do this with a soft cap with decay.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    If it took someone a year to get 90 scavenging I think most people would hate that, and not play. I would rather have fast leveling of skills but also have fast decay. Thus people couldnt keep skills high but they could do everything if the choose just would have to reskill it sometimes.
    I guess this depends on personal taste. I'd MUCH rather play a game where having a high level skill does mean something, than to play one where my skill levels play seesaw. If reaching max level took a lot of time that would mean that lower level stuffs have value too, and high level stuffs would be really valuable...right now everything which is lower than very high quality and lower than lvl 80 is useless. There is no reason to learn low level recipes apart of getting new items to grind, since no one will use them. It would just be easier to delete all the lower level recipes and give 1 item to grind endlessly till you reach lvl 80-90.

So say you were a homestead type of person. You could make the best QL stuff in the game, ALL of it. But you couldnt do it all at once. So you would have to say level up woodcrafting to 100, level up tool crafting to 100. Make your tools, and make a lot of high QL wood stuff. Then you would start training up, weaponcrafting, and scavenging. It doesnt take long maybe like 4 or 5 days of playing (which is really like 20 to 30 hours of played time) to get those to 100. Make your weapons using the good tools, good wood, good scavenged items and 100 weaponcrafting. Then you start work on bone armor crafting, and foraging.
    What you describe here doesn't sound too good. If players can max their skills in some days then everyone will be just as self-sufficient as now. Tribes won't have any reason to trade, nothing will have value. 4-5 days to max a skill...thats awful imo, there won't be something like a 'dedicated' crafter if reaching max level is that easy.