Just thought I would share this message with you guys. I found it very relevant to what people are talking about lately on the forums. One simple thing, broken promises and changes to the original plan.

Long time Xsyon beta player and 3 year guild leader of Audacian Republic, KINSLAYER, explaining to me why he and most of the long time AR members quit Xsyon (we currently don't play any game completely actively as a tribe, but still have our forums setup..I guess we are all just waiting for that next big game, or Xsyon to patch something interesting...but the problem is they have SO MUCH to patch.)

As my personal commentary, this couldn't be anymore accurate. So I am going to make it size 3.

FOREWARNING:, if you like Xsyon and want to keep playing it, you might not want to read this...as I almost want to quit now.

Post on our forum from Kinslayer responding to me
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I love world building content if its done right. I just think Xsyon has missed the mark slightly. It doesnt need huge improvements, but it does need a lot of refinement.

But as you say, player interaction is where the game breaks down, not just in PvP, but also in things like recipes and resources. We were always told, back in beta, that recipes will be unique to individuals, that no one tribe will be able to be self sufficient, much less a single person. Unfortunately the game hasnt turned out like that.

As I've said many times in the past couple of months, I can no longer promote a game Im not excited about personally. If Xsyon can make some simple improvements and refinements, hopefully my excitement for the game will return, and Im not just talking combat. It goes deeper than that.

But to answer your question about whats different now, well, not much, and thats the problem. Also, some simple things we were told during beta have gone in the opposite direction, like the lack of unique recipes among different players. I have toolcrafting at level 20 or so I think it is, and I can make any tool I need. So not only am I self sufficient for tools, so is the tribe Im in. If I spent the time to train another 6 skills to 30 or 50, in some cases 80, I could be self sufficient in all skills. Thats far from a good thing. We were told 8-12mths ago that it wouldnt be like that.

Also, as I said before, we were told Prelude would only last for 6-12mths, and during that time we would see heaps of cool stuff like agriculture and religion implemented, not to mention more lore. Nothing there yet. We were originally told also that safe zones will only last for 6-9mths during Prelude before they would be removed. Then in comes a wave of carebears, and we are apparently stuck with them, again, not a good thing. We proved in the first 3 weeks of release that safe zones are a bad idea and will be exploited.

So now I believe they are implementing a new zone with true open PvP and rare resources? How, as a tribe, are we to benefit from that without abandoning our totem? Are expansion totems being introduced along with that? If not, by the time they are implemented, it will be too late. Once again, this is a thing that hasnt been thought through properly by the devs, and that remains one of the biggest problems with the development of Xsyon, the lack of thinking things through sufficiently before either diving into something, or announcing something on the forum.

These may all seem petty or minor things, but when all lumped together on top of one another, it becomes a lot of disappointment. Hell, feel free to copy and paste this stuff to the Xsyon forum if you want, perhaps Jooky should read this kind of feedback.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, this is basically a summary of all the back and forth on the multiple threads where people argue about the most important issues.