Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Making roads cost 2 bricks

this would prevent road griefing and unnecessary roads. plus, this is an unnecessary feature to have be unrealistic. it's not more tedious to use 2 bricks to road, it's just realistic and adds more value to building (as well as prevent griefing)

Anyoen want to see the whole world covered in roads? I can make that happen right now, with nothing but a lot of time on my hands. No tools to road, no bricks....Please make roading harder

edit: if 2 bricks is too many, 1 certainly isn't.

Xsyon Citizen
    i guess this is a good idea, although in combination with that i would like to see some more road options, like dirt, stone, cobblestone. i think it should add different benefits to speed and wear on carts and such (when we get them). also for pure looks it give more options to pave out streets in our cities, maybe have cobblestone in the center and simple dirt roads around our farm areas. the road we have now is not that pleasing.

right now roading is just overused around cities to cover the dirt and also make it faster to move around, so making roading cost a brick or two really should come with more road options, maybe costing some more bricks for better road or what have you.

on another note, i just noticed myself what i wrote about "wear on carts", perhaps not on topic but just thought if we get carts to trade with they should really add tear and wear on them based on distance travelled and terrain its driven onto. make it so you would have to repair it if you driving it through the woods more often than if you drove it on a real fine piece of road. or else it would eventually break down and you would gather the salvage to make a new one.

I totally agree with you, 2 granite bricks will be great idea. We also need many other types of road too. Not just one type. Would be nice if we can upgrade our road to a better one, so we can run faster on it.

Agree, building roads should require some materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Agree, building roads should require some materials.

I agree with Jadzia agreeing and the OP.

Xsyon Citizen
    so we got some unity goin on on this one, huh? weird..

I assume the roads we have now would be made out of limestone. The default game world roads, I would like to build those too. They look like they are made from granite.

Also, we road most our floors with the current roads just to look better and more modern. But we can't make actual roads inside the city now because there is only that one option, limestone.

Good to know people agree. It wasn't my idea it was a tribe mates (afterclap). And then I think DDT had the idea a few weeks ago but was never suggested.

i agree too..and please change the texture for a better look of the road...

The only problem I am able to foresee with roads requiring brick is that we don't have a wheelbarrow to move said bricks. 50 bricks is far more than full encumbrance. Generously, a tile of road takes you one meter forward, given that your road is only 1 tile wide. suppose you plan to connect 2 tribes 500 meters apart, that means you need to either do it in 10+ rounds, or more realistically have an alt or tribe-mates act as a 'mule' or mobile basket. If we had a Mason's Wheelbarrow for hauling heavy items short distances my complaint is void. If the OP intended for roads to take absurd amounts of time to build (which is NOT what i think he wanted based on the statement "...it's not more tedious to use 2 bricks to road, it's just realistic and adds more value to building ...") my post is also void.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by b_ulam View Post
    The only problem I am able to foresee with roads requiring brick is that we don't have a wheelbarrow to move said bricks. 50 bricks is far more than full encumbrance. Generously, a tile of road takes you one meter forward, given that your road is only 1 tile wide. suppose you plan to connect 2 tribes 500 meters apart, that means you need to either do it in 10+ rounds, or more realistically have an alt or tribe-mates act as a 'mule' or mobile basket. If we had a Mason's Wheelbarrow for hauling heavy items short distances my complaint is void. If the OP intended for roads to take absurd amounts of time to build (which is NOT what i think he wanted based on the statement "...it's not more tedious to use 2 bricks to road, it's just realistic and adds more value to building ...") my post is also void.
    hey! nobody said it was gonna be easy! no, but seriously tho it should require something more than nothing, and maybe if the road building gets more expanded (maybe in some ways mentioned in this thread) and the roads themselves give more rewards when building them in high quality to another tribe i dont see that as being a bad thing if it takes some effort.